Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

I'm looking for folks who could help with translating EDR's messages in other languages.
    Reply to this thread or send me a private message if you are interested.

Note: I'm taking care of French and already got help for German.

This is great! I'm signing up for this.

v0.7.6
    Download: see latest release.
    New features:
    - Internationalization of the code: French 100% done, German partially done. Chime on this issue if you want to help with any language.
    - Show Power Allegiance from Inara in Intel
    - Support for Wanted Cmdr pledged to an enemy power (LegalStatus = "WantedEnemy")
    - Support for recon data involving SLF

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed crash with stale legal records
    - Fixed server rejecting query for cmdr with a hash in their name

Known issue:
    - EDR's UI in EDMC 3.0.2 has a weird layout but is fixed in EDMC 3.0.3.

I am sent the info to get a login for more testing.. so that I can have access to the other commands.. unless this is not available yet? Can you please confirm.

Hi Braxhunter,

I did receive your request and was trying to reach you out.
    I only had your cmdr name so I was waiting for us to be online at the same time but it didn't happen.
    I'll send you a pm.

Update about EDR:
    - the next version will feature realtime alerts for outlaws / wanted commanders. Getting close!
    - after that the plan is to start looking into proper support for Powerplay PvP.

v0.7.7 is out
    New feature: realtime alerts for sighted outlaws.

Other improvements: includes the latest version of EDMCOverlay which is much snappier! Thanks to Ian Norton.

Download it now!

v0.8.0 Powerplay PvP and tons of fixes

V0.8.1 is out!
    Get it from here (just overwrite the previous version)
    Powerplay PvP and tons of bug fixes for intel and realtime alerts.

New features:
    Added support for Powerplay PVP:

• Cmdr pledged to a power will report enemies to EDR upon scan for the benefit of other allied EDR users.
    • Enemy info in Intel, and Sitrep
    • New commands: `!enemies` to see the most recently sighted enemies, `?enemies [on|off|ly ###|cr ###]` for realtime alerts of enemies. These commands will only be available to long term pledges (7 days at the moment but considering increasing to 30 days) to avoid shenanigans by shifting between powers.
    • Inara info about allegiance is taken into account, which means that you might get a warning if a cmdr is allegedly pledged to an enemy power per their inara info.
    • Backend changes to accommodate Powerplay related features.
    • Send !help powerplay for more details

Other:
    • Changed Karma's readable names from Wanted +++ to Outlaws +++ to avoid confusion between a player's tendencies and the in-game bounty status.
    • Added sticky comment about checking ED's focus after the overlay starts.
    • Added support for Warrant, Enemy, WantedEnemy legal status.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed issue with clock skew (some recent reports could be dropped if the computer's clock was off)
    • Fixed issue with "last 10 days's Legal Records" not always showing up (in fact rarely).
    • Fixed issue with max and last bounties not always showing up.
    • Fixed issue with Inara info not showing up on scan
    • Fixed issue with distance calculation, resulting in broken realtime alerts

PM sent for applying to Localization.

Hi,

it seems that the typed EDR commands are also sent to other commanders as a normal chat.

Example:
    I typed "!enemies" in the [local] chat. Then another commander asked me where the enemies are

I'm doing something wrong or is this intended ?
    Is there a possibility to avoid sending EDR commands as messages ?

EDIT:
    I tried to change the layout of the messages and find out the virtual screen is 1280x960.
    Is there a possibility to increase the size manually (e. g. to 2560 x 1440 - this is my resolution)
    So I could set output frames to the right side of my screen.

Duke

Originally Posted by Duke View Post (Source)
    Hi,

it seems that the typed EDR commands are also sent to other commanders as a normal chat.

Example:
    I typed "!enemies" in the [local] chat. Then another commander asked me where the enemies are

I'm doing something wrong or is this intended ?
    It is expected. Just tell them about EDR, the more the merrier
    An alternative would be to message one of your friend or your wing (message me if you want).
    There is no way in elite to send a message that ends up in the player journal but isn't communicated to other player or in local.

Is there a possibility to avoid sending EDR commands as messages ?
    Not at the moment. There might some convoluted way but haven't thought about it yet.

EDIT:
    I tried to change the layout of the messages and find out the virtual screen is 1280x960.
    Is there a possibility to increase the size manually (e. g. to 2560 x 1440 - this is my resolution)
    So I could set output frames to the right side of my screen.

Duke
    Yes, the overlay has a fixed resolution.
    You currently need to do the conversion yourself: divide by 2 for X since 1280/2560 = .5 and by 2/3 for y.
    Looking forward to see what layout you end up with if you don't mind sharing.

I have a question about installing EDRecon since i can't get it to work.
    What folder am i exactly supposed to put into the plugins folder of edmc? edr-master? or the contents of this folder? i dont get it.
    thanks

Elite Dangerous PVP Forum Moderator
    Forum PVP is real PVP.
    Originally Posted by CMDR Jax Spade View Post (Source)
    I have a question about installing EDRecon since i can't get it to work.
    What folder am i exactly supposed to put into the plugins folder of edmc? edr-master? or the contents of this folder? i dont get it.
    thanks
    In the plugins folder, make a folder called EDR. In that folder, unzip the file downloaded from gitbhub. That should be it iirc.

Originally Posted by CMDR Arguendo View Post (Source)
    In the plugins folder, make a folder called EDR. In that folder, unzip the file downloaded from gitbhub. That should be it iirc.
    This i did. But it does not work.

Elite Dangerous PVP Forum Moderator
    Forum PVP is real PVP.
    Originally Posted by CMDR Jax Spade View Post (Source)
    This i did. But it does not work.
    In user/AppData/Local/EDMarketConnector/plugins ?
    And you have logged in using the credentials sent to you? Or are you read-only?

Arrow v0.8.2 is available: Squadron Kill-On-Sight

v0.8.2 is out! Download the latest version and read the installation / setup instructions.

This release adds support for #ally and #enemy tags to mark commanders as ally or enemy of your wing / squadron on Inara.
    If you like EDR, consider helping with server costs or filling up my fridge with cold beers for those coding sessions: https://www.patreon.com/lekeno

Squadron Dex (index)
    If you are a member of a wing / squadron on Inara, you will have access to a Squadron Index with the following features:

• Profile info will show if a commander is considered as an ally or enemy by your squadron: `SQN Ally by <member>`
    • If you have an Inara rank of co-pilot or above, you can tag other commanders as ally or enemy.

Additional notes:

• Requires an EDR account. Apply for one here: https://lekeno.github.io
    • Only members of the same or higher rank can modify / delete existing entries.
    • Make sure that your commander name on Inara matches exactly your in-game name.

Supported commands:

• Send #enemy or #s! to tag a contact as an enemy of your squadron.
    • Send #enemy <cmdr> or #s! <cdmr> to tag <cmdr> as an enemy of your squadron.
    • Similarly, #ally or #s+ to tag a contact or commander as an ally of your squadron
    • -#ally or -#enemy <cmdr>, etc. to remove the ally or enemy tag from a contact or <cmdr> in your squadron index.

Other features
    Get distances between systems:

• '!distance system_name' shows the distance between your location and `system_name`
    • '!distance origin > destination' shows the distance between `origin` and `destination`

Other improvements
    Cleaner layout with sections:

• EDR = ED Recon
    • INR = Inara
    • SQN= Squadron index
    • CMD =Commander (personal) index.
    • PP = Powerplay

Added support for the "Hunter" legal status which seems to be a variant of the Powerplay related "Enemy" status.

Powerplay enemy detection: takes into account the super-powers, e.g. Federal and Imperial.

Added limits to queries to reduce server load.

Bug fixes

• Band aid fix for a failure at startup with users who have Windows account containing non-ASCII characters
    • Fixed problem with Realtime Alerts (would fail to show up when only one event got sent at a time)
    • Fixed problem where the function to get recent data from server would fail if there was none
    • Fixed problem where commander pledged to A. Lavigny-Duval were not able to register their allegiance with EDR
    • Gave NOTAMs their own timespan of 10 days instead of reusing the sitreps timespan of 3 days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast