Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

This week LTT 8517 and Dalfur have been identified as systems which may be attacked by Thargoids.

Edit: And now ...

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    If you are using EDMC you can also use the USS-Survey plugin

If you are in supercruise, you can report the type of USS and it will calculate the number of seconds since you entered supercruise or last reported a USS.

When you drop into a non-human source it will present you with some buttons you can use to report the composition. Eg How many scouts, were there NPCs present etc. If you manage to scan any of the ships the you can also identify the logo.
    The plugin also records kills and bonds from thargoid kills.

Charts from LCU No Fool Like One:

(Thread title courtesy of Zaratan)

I spent last week in HIP 21559, and I'm in Mentor right now. I already have approx. 100 kills here, so I'll move over to Lungini right now. I think I'll start tracking my kills, so I can divide my time equally between systems if necessary.

I am already supporting Lungini becouse I know most players will focus Mentor. I wanna know if it's possible to defend both systems. I have a question. If we for example are killing Thargoids in different system but cash our combat bounds in Lungini will that help the fight?

I will move over to Lungini then too. I've not yet seen any Massacre Thargoid missions or the Aegis ships in Mentor yet, I had sort of assumed both of these things would also be in systems with heavy Thargoid presence?

I know this is probably impossible to figure out, but are you thinking that it's total number of any Thargoids killed in system, or Total bond value killed, or some other metric that means "This system has done enough not to be attacked"?

Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)
    I will move over to Lungini then too. I've not yet seen any Massacre Thargoid missions or the Aegis ships in Mentor yet, I had sort of assumed both of these things would also be in systems with heavy Thargoid presence?

I know this is probably impossible to figure out, but are you thinking that it's total number of any Thargoids killed in system, or Total bond value killed, or some other metric that means "This system has done enough not to be attacked"?
    Interesting question. One way to find out would be to chose one system in which the bonds are directly cashed in, and the other system will have only the kill, but the bonds should be cashed in in another system.

I've been working in Lunguni since yesterday - will continue today.

Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)

That is indeed the question. Although it's fun to try to figure this out without fdev help (nice work there @Factabulous!), it would be nice to have an in-game way of monitoring support and progress.

I've moved my Chieftain to Lunguni, hope to collect some Cyclops' scalps there.

Jesus holy mother they're only 140ly away from Jamerson Memorial. I'm calling it now that the 3 superpower home systems are going to be attacked and the permit locks on them lifted for the support effort.

Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Jesus holy mother they're only 140ly away from Jamerson Memorial. I'm calling it now that the 3 superpower home systems are going to be attacked and the permit locks on them lifted for the support effort.
    < 90 from Sol ...

Most important question is , are there any interceptors there or system is filled with scouts only like Huevang De ?

Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    Most important question is , are there any interceptors there or system is filled with scouts only like Huevang De ?
    For now only scouts.

For what it's worth,it seems like the strategy for Irandan/Hip 21559 worked.Im doing evac missions over in Irandan and whilst the presence of nhss is still there,it seems quite sparse.With nobody actively engaging them they're just flying about aimlessly,although i have come across a few wreckage sites.No signs of vitriolics except on the station.
    I like the proposal although the goal of 50/50 seems perhaps a little optimistic given the unknown nature of the threat we face.No point losing two stations through overconfidence.
    I would suggest a more modest goal of 70/30 in favour of the more populous system

If you go into a threat 6 in Mentor there's a chance it will be 4 scouts and a Cyclops. I imagine threat 7 is similar for a Basilisk, although I haven't tried.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    For what it's worth,it seems like the strategy for Irandan/Hip 21559 worked.Im doing evac missions over in Irandan and whilst the presence of nhss is still there,it seems quite sparse.With nobody actively engaging them they're just flying about aimlessly,although i have come across a few wreckage sites.No signs of vitriolics except on the station.
    I like the proposal although the goal of 50/50 seems perhaps a little optimistic given the unknown nature of the threat we face.No point losing two stations through overconfidence.
    I would suggest a more modest goal of 70/30 in favour of the more populous system
    Well, it's worth a try. If both systems go down, then we can do something like 70/30 next week.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    Well, it's worth a try. If both systems go down, then we can do something like 70/30 next week.
    If both go down Sol might be next and I don't care how much people hate the Federation SOL IS EVERYONE'S HOME SYSTEM! So if Sol is on the list for attack that deserves 100% effort.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast