Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Number including yesterday:

Mentor 82.1%
    Lungini 17.9%
    Advice Support Lungini

Of course the error bars are huge, and ppl in Lunguni are maybe the more dedicated fighters, but still - very biased towards Mentor. See OP for links to underlying data

o7

Just some thoughts on this: I was wondering if there were indicators of progress built into the format of the NHSS spawns?

That's a clunky way to say it, but I mean, I noticed mostly NHSS4's in Mentor when I was first there on the day it was first targeted, but when I left a couple of days later there seemed to be more NHSS6's. In Lunguni there seems to be a lot of NHSS 3 and 4's and I don't remember seeing more than 1 NHSS 6 when I was there for an hour or two last night. In HIP 21559 in the last few days I was mostly finding NHSS 6 and 7's less 4's and no 3's, and I don't recall seeing a single 5 ever.

I've no idea if this is just perception bias (most likely), or if it's an artefact of the RNG NHSS generation, a progression based on time, or whether it's that the NHSS spawn types are responding to something.

Is it worth testing to see if the observable NHSS spawns are telling us something about the "state" of the Thargoid invasion of the system?

Idk if it will work but I just cashed 10 mil Cr bounds in Lunguni from other system but still Pilots's Federation bounds.

Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)

Is it worth testing to see if the observable NHSS spawns are telling us something about the "state" of the Thargoid invasion of the system?
    I think the answer to that is a huge YES. I was thinking of the same thing. I will personally jot down the NHSS I come across and see if I can build a histogram. Maybe a given state/status will have a specific histogram structure (PDF).

It'll take time to build a "profile" for system's NHSS progression, but it's worth a shot.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I think the answer to that is a huge YES. I was thinking of the same thing. I will personally jot down the NHSS I come across and see if I can build a histogram. Maybe a given state/status will have a specific histogram structure (PDF).

It'll take time to build a "profile" for system's NHSS progression, but it's worth a shot.
    Cool, I will do the same then.

been in Lunguni for almost 1 hour and seen only :
    2 NHSS 4,
    1 NHSS 5,
    3 NHSS 6
    Only scouts for the moment, i'll stay longer to see if there's Interceptors

I was wondering if we could get the USS Survey to assist?

We could build in a status report to direct commanders or maybe a clckable interface to records USS spawns without dropping on them.

What do you think would help?

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    a clckable interface to records USS spawns without dropping on them.
    I think that would help a lot. For now we just need to record all the NHSS types that people encounter, I think? But only in the EE target systems.

We probably only need to do it for a week or so to know if we're just getting random NHSS's, if they are random we can abandon the idea, if they're not then that might be significant.

Does that sound right?

25th 6.00 - 6:33pm Lunguni:

NHSS 4 - 9
    NHSS 6 - 3

26th 1:30 - 3am Lunguni:

NHSS 3 - 1
    NHSS 4 - 9
    NHSS 5 - 2
    NHSS 6 - 3

So far everything I dropped into has been entirely Marauders.

Let me know when that data collection sheet/app/whatever is set up...
    3/25 - 18:38 to 19:31 between Doyle's Landing and Lunguni 10 (the ammonia world in system)
    NHSS 3 - 2
    NHSS 4 - 7
    NHSS 5 - 1
    NHSS 6 - 4

Marauders only -

After 20 mins in the system Lunguni :
    1 NHSS 3
    13 NHSS 4
    3 NHSS 5
    1 NHSS 6
    Dropped in the NHSS 5 only, missed the 6

After 20 mins in the system Mentor :
    1 NHSS 3
    10 NHSS 4
    2 NHSS 5
    5 NHSS 6
    1 NHSS 7
    1 NHSS 8

Dropped in the 7 and 8, they have medusa and basilisk

Found 2 more NHSS 8 just after posting this

Its not pretty.
    I think I might make this a stand-alone module or have it so it can be turned off and on.

Doubt we can stop them attacking both, definitely worth a try though. Even though they’re not putting much effort in at the moment, just scouting area, and crippling starports.

Daily update, Lunguni up slightly, still way behind if the traffic report can be believed:

Mentor 78.8%
    Lungini 21.2%
    Advice Support Lunguni

I was wondering why the traffic was so low in both systems, so took a trip.

Interesting that everyone is still in Irandan, I guess the lure of Massacre missions (or the basic fact that the system is highlighted in Galnet / the Galmap) is attracting more people. Looking forward to the day FD gives better visibility to what is happening

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast