Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

If people are running EDMC and want to contribute to the data gathering I've written a small plugin that reports Thargoid kills and Thargoid bonds claimed if people want to try it out: https://github.com/factabulous/fire-damage

As the page says, it reports to a google sheet that's visible to all. Kills are not associated with CMDRs. For those who don't run EDMC you can report them via the google form (https://goo.gl/forms/qrNE14iv0TIjTN0i1) - just fill in what you know and leave the rest blank.

The idea is that we can look at where CMDRs are working, which might help us know what's happening.

o7

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    If people are running EDMC and want to contribute to the data gathering I've written a small plugin that reports Thargoid kills and Thargoid bonds claimed if people want to try it out: https://github.com/factabulous/fire-damage

As the page says, it reports to a google sheet that's visible to all. Kills are not associated with CMDRs. For those who don't run EDMC you can report them via the google form (https://goo.gl/forms/qrNE14iv0TIjTN0i1) - just fill in what you know and leave the rest blank.

The idea is that we can look at where CMDRs are working, which might help us know what's happening.

o7
    Installed, will be on later to kill more scouts (I'm just glad they fly slowly and in mostly straight lines!)

Here's my NHSS tally for Mentor over the course of 25 minutes:

NHSS 2: 0
    NHSS 3: 3
    NHSS 4: 8
    NHSS 5: 5
    NHSS 6: 0
    NHSS 7: 4
    NHSS 8: 2

Here's my NHSS tally for Lunguni over the course of 25 minutes:

NHSS 4: 11
    NHSS 5: 3
    NHSS 6: 8
    NHSS 7: 0
    NHSS 8: 0

Based on all the responses seen so far in this thread it is clear that:

1) There are no NHSS 6 in Mentor
    2) Lunguni has no NHSS 7 & 8.
    3) There are no interceptors in Lunguni (personal experience and other commanders in Canonn). They don't even jump in.

I think this is quite interesting, I wonder if it's telling us something about the Thargoid's intentions.

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    Here's my NHSS tally for Mentor over the course of 25 minutes:

NHSS 4: 8
    NHSS 5: 5
    NHSS 6: 0
    NHSS 7: 4
    NHSS 8: 2

Here's my NHSS tally for Lunguni over the course of 25 minutes:

NHSS 4: 11
    NHSS 5: 3
    NHSS 6: 8
    NHSS 7: 0
    NHSS 8: 0

Based on all the responses seen so far in this thread it is clear that:

1) There are no NHSS 6 in Mentor
    2) Lunguni has no NHSS 7 & 8.
    3) There are no interceptors in Lunguni (personal experience and other commanders in Canonn). They don't even jump in.

I think this is quite interesting, I wonder if it's telling us something about the Thargoid's intentions.
    It does feel like there's something to this. Hopefully we'll be able to get a bigger sample size over the next few days.

The lack of anything but Marauders in Lunguni seems the most significant thing so far. Are there Interceptors in Mentor? Yes! Just re-read previous posts, there are.

Edit:

Updates for Lunguni: 26/3 - approx 25mins

NHSS 4: 3
    NHSS 5: 4
    NHSS 6: 2

All Marauders still.

I'm getting reports that NHSS 6 are starting to appeare in Mentor. We'll keep monitoring the situation

Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    I'm getting reports that NHSS 6 are starting to appeare in Mentor. We'll keep monitoring the situation
    I saw 3 Threat 6s in Mentor but theses are not the same as an old threat 6. These contain 12 scouts.

BTW I'm setting up a new spreadheet from the USS Survey plugin here

It will pull in data from the fire-damage plugin as well as USS Survey

If you are using EDMC you can also use the USS-Survey plugin

If you are in supercruise, you can report the type of USS and it will calculate the number of seconds since you entered supercruise or last reported a USS.

When you drop into a non-human source it will present you with some buttons you can use to report the composition. Eg How many scouts, were there NPCs present etc. If you manage to scan any of the ships the you can also identify the logo.

Not sure if this has been noted previously - but the Fed Navy Ships in the all scout NHSS threats are hauling at least one Thargoid Sensor in their wing (per manifest scan), what they appear to be squawking about in their dialogue. Same dialogue as the Socho CG, but I didn't find any ships hauling anything unusual.

Also, not sure if this is relevant, in patrolling Lunguni between Doyle Landing and Lunguni 10 (the local ammonia world), when leaving Lunguni 10, at 12 - 13 light seconds it started spawning almost as many NHSS together as I'd seen in an hour, in other words, the dozen or so I'd seen in the last hour, I got another 6 to 8 in about 2 minutes. Not sure if this is just exception USS spawning logic or relevant. Never seen an other type of USS occur beyond the odd second or third as you are approaching.

Considering changing callsign to Not Sure

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    I saw 3 Threat 6s in Mentor but theses are not the same as an old threat 6. These contain 12 scouts.

BTW I'm setting up a new spreadheet from the USS Survey plugin here

It will pull in data from the fire-damage plugin as well as USS Survey
    Thanks, I just upgraded to 4.1.0

Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    If both go down Sol might be next and I don't care how much people hate the Federation SOL IS EVERYONE'S HOME SYSTEM! So if Sol is on the list for attack that deserves 100% effort.
    i welcome our new thargoid grindlords.

actually, i would like the entire bubble to be attacked just to see what frontier does next. nothing personal, human

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    i welcome our new thargoid grindlords.

actually, i would like the entire bubble to be attacked just to see what frontier does next. nothing personal, human
    I wouldn't mind either. I'd be perfectly happy jumping into a system with a starport sending out a distress call and having a chance at a massive furball in the no fire zone. Add some capital ships to the mix too. Lets really challenge those low end graphics cards.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)

o7
    Wow, simple thing what we needed, pity havent seen this sooner, killed so many tgs in Mentor...yeah xeno friends for ever

Thanks to LCU for the USS plugin - added to the OP

Stats for today - in terms of traffic to the systems we have

Mentor 79.2%
    Lunguni 20.8%
    Advice Support Lunguni

EDMC plugin data shows many more kills in Lungini (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...OsQGd/pubhtml#) - probably down to the spread of which CMDRs knew about it first

Factabulous, I thought that you can get the data from EDMC so who is using EDMC, no need to fill the document right?

We really need Thargoid Conflit zones.

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast