Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Great to find this thread (thanks to Cmdr Zaratan for pointing me at it) - it's now linked into the "useful reference lists" section of my "Best of Forum" thread (alongside "Station repair totals").

Nice work Factabulous, someone had to do this - thought it might be you!

o7

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Nice work Factabulous, someone had to do this - thought it might be you!

o7
    I LIKE FACTS - AND I LIKE FAQs - DEAL WITH IT

Originally Posted by LCU No Fool Like One View Post (Source)
    Results are skewed because everyone is supporting Lunguni instead of reporting in Mentor. I had to spend an hour in Mentor logging USS just to have results to report on.
    Noted. I will see if I can do a little bit in Mentor tonight then just to gather some data, and then go back to Lunguni.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Current traffic figures:

Mentor 77.3%
    Lunguni 22.7%
    Advice Support Lunguni

(Though since the megaships are yet to turn up I'm wondering if they're going to spread this over 2 weeks)
    I wondered that too - I don't suppose anyone knows if they're still in the previous systems?

Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post (Source)
    I've been working in Lunguni since yesterday - will continue today.
    Hi Cmdr Maligno, would you reveal your fittings?

In EDMC it is stated that Lunguni and Mentor have been attacked. I am sorry but here in Doyle Landing everything is calm (yet).

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    In EDMC it is stated that Lunguni and Mentor have been attacked. I am sorry but here in Doyle Landing everything is calm (yet).
    I have updated the patrol info

Support Lunguni! Lunguni and Mentor have been identified as systems which may be attacked by Thargoids. We are trying to maintain a balanced response. So far Mentor has 77.3% of ships supporting. Lunguni has 22.7% of ships supporting. We advise pilots to rally and Support Lunguni

I left Doyle Landing at 16:36 and flew all along this system past A17 which I reached at 17:05.
    I met:
    • NHSS 3 : 1 (two Marauder inside which I could kill)
    • NHSS 4 : 16
    • NHSS 5 : 2
    • NHSS 6 : 6

I left Doyle Landing at 16:36 and flew all along this system past A17 which I reached at 17:05.
    I met:
    • NHSS 3 : 1 (two Marauder inside which I could kill)
    • NHSS 4 : 16
    • NHSS 5 : 2
    • NHSS 6 : 6
    Are you using the USS-Survey plugin? We don't have enough people logging USS in either system.

I'm going to volunteer to survey Mentor and do some light bounty hunting in the Human USS so we can get better data.

Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Jesus holy mother they're only 140ly away from Jamerson Memorial. I'm calling it now that the 3 superpower home systems are going to be attacked and the permit locks on them lifted for the support effort.
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    < 90 from Sol ...
    Do Sol, Achenar, Alioth or Founders have Ammonia world's, if not then it would be a break in pattern to attck any of them

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Do Sol, Achenar, Alioth or Founders have Ammonia world's, if not then it would be a break in pattern to attck any of them
    That's a good point. I don't think distance is a limiting factor for them.

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    These are very smart creatures so why not attack the 3 super powers & 1 major faction that are actively causing vast amount of commanders to kill them? It would be logical and extremely good story telling.

Hi Cmdr Maligno, would you reveal your fittings?
    Chieftain with a couple of Gauss, flak, and three rails =)

Looks like Lungini got hit. Mentor didn't get hit.

Originally Posted by CmdrZaratan View Post (Source)
    Looks like Lungini got hit. Mentor didn't get hit.
    Lunguni got hit because we couldn't spell it (myself included in the OP until recently)

On the bright side it does mean that the traffic figures in-game are probably a reasonable measure of support - they consistently showed Mentor ahead, where the figures from the EDMC were biased by the small CMDR sample that have it installed.

And dammit FD, what is the point in leaving the megaships in the wrong system all week and pulling everyone into systems uninvolved with the current storyline

Went to Lunguni system yesterday to try my new AX FAS. Scouts are very easy to kill. Killed 25 in less than an hour. But i guess i was too late.
    My AX FAS build is very simple. 4 AX Multi Turrets, xeno scanner, caustic limpet ctrl, biweaves shield fast regen, military armor, several hull reinforcements and i only engineered the FSD and the Thrusters. Very effective even in an instance where i found 7 scouts.

Couldnt find any Scout Massacre mission. Are these only available on Rescue Ships? I mean, do these missions only show up after a system is successfully hit by the Thargoids?

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast