Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 889192939495 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1420

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Get the Lance Guardian Slf for scouts. The beta showed a marked improvement in their (Elite-Ranked Crewmate's) ability to kill a scout or 2 at a time. .Personal experience.

I use Shards for Cyclops. 9.4 seconds of engagement.. Premium Reloads and point blank fire. 20 seconds of Supercruise average to find a new Nhss Threat 5. (way faster than re-logging at a megaship in certain systems)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjkp3L2aJw
    https://ed-board.net/en/?m=top-thargoidhunter

\\///
    Oo
    >
    Spike.K

Expected 2 stations saved today, JohnTAss has identified the 3 new targets as: Oitbi, Punuri and 63 G. Capricorni.

Still to be confirmed....

Originally Posted by Spike K View Post (Source)
    Get the Lance Guardian Slf for scouts. The beta showed a marked improvement in their (Elite-Ranked Crewmate's) ability to kill a scout or 2 at a time. .Personal experience.

I use Shards for Cyclops. 9.4 seconds of engagement.. Premium Reloads and point blank fire. 20 seconds of Supercruise average to find a new Nhss Threat 5. (way faster than re-logging at a megaship in certain systems)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjkp3L2aJw
    https://ed-board.net/en/?m=top-thargoidhunter

\\///
    Oo
    >
    Spike.K
    Got one but AI pilot not elite yet. A few weeks if she lives.

Looks from your vid all the fun is at HR 1185? All i see i Lusonda is threat 4 with scouts and the rare threat 7 which kicked my...... Got EMP'd as soon as instance loaded. Brown trouser moment!

FWIW, Lusonda was saved \o/

O7,

Some discrepancies on Thargday 3304, Dec 06

Originally Posted by TheLawful View Post (Source)
    FWIW, Lusonda was saved \o/

O7,
    Yesterday Cmdr Akguru fetched a Galnet News about an attack by Thargoids on Chiang Prospect in Jambin. Today this News has vanished, only Garnier Station in Byeru Bese is noted as an attacked station, Chiang Prospect is noted as under repair. So I flew to Jambin and indeed, Chiang Prospect is severely damaged and burning (watch the station inside the spoiler). The Galmap shows the system as being under repair while inside the system the station is highlighted as being attacked - as it is. There is no rescue ship in the vicinity and there are no Thargoids in this system.

A bug? Something new?

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    Yesterday Cmdr Akguru fetched a Galnet News about an attack by Thargoids on Chiang Prospect in Jambin. Today this News has vanished, only Garnier Station in Byeru Bese is noted as an attacked station, Chiang Prospect is noted as under repair. So I flew to Jambin and indeed, Chiang Prospect is severely damaged and burning (watch the station inside the spoiler). The Galmap shows the system as being under repair while inside the system the station is highlighted as being attacked - as it is. There is no rescue ship in the vicinity and there are no Thargoids in this system.

A bug? Something new?
    Chiang was attacked last Thursday, so is now in repair. Things change on Thursday, not sure what's confusing?

Targets this week : Punuri, 63 G. Capricorni and Oitbi

Garnier Station in Byeru Bese attacked this week

Eagle Eye targets this week:

Eagle Eye this week:

EE2: mel 22 sector fm-v d2-38 a 3 a
    * Punuri - Shaw Dock
    * HIP 24007 - TS47
    EE3 MEL 22 SECTOR FM-V D2-67
    * HIP 16795 - TS 135
    * 63 G. Capricorni - Skvortsov Orbital
    EE4 mel 22 sector fh u c3 9 a 1 a
    * HIP 23022 - TS75
    * Oitbi - Wiener City

Three Thargoid Structures and three Targets again this week - 63 G. Capricorni was targeted before, but saved the first time.

Systems are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter.

Locations of the Aegis megaships Acropolis and Vanguard.

* NHSS will be found in systems within 10 Ly of target, the systems are not being targeted for attack - you can kill Thargoids from them, but it won't help save any systems.
    * You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
    * And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.

On behalf of Loren's Legion I would like to thank all Commanders who fought to save Atroco from xeno attack.

o7

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Chiang was attacked last Thursday, so is now in repair. Things change on Thursday, not sure what's confusing?
    I know, Cmdr Factabulous -- the "discrepancies" are solved now after relogging at the station this afternoon. It is calm now there, no fires anymore, it is under repair. I was a bit confused this morning by the message from yesterday and the still burning station today after the server shutdown. So I must have jumped in right in the middle of the whole process of changing from being attacked towards being in repair. Sorry for my sillyness.

With 3.3 coming out next week, one of these systems could be the first to have the new Incursion state. We seem to be able to save two systems with the current numbers participating but to save three (or more, since there are six Eagle Eye stations then I would guess there could be up to six systems at risk each week) we're going to need more people. Whilst all players will be able to see that a system is in Incursion, only those who frequent this thread, the Canonn website and AXI or other similar group Discord (maybe Reddit and Facebook are also used or other media) will know which systems are at risk. I think awareness is a big part of providing protection - if it needs 8000 kills (OK the amount will vary from system to system) to prevent an attack then that's quite feasible for a dedicated group of a couple of dozen commanders fighting for a week or a larger group of players who spend a couple of sessions each fighting scouts. Look at how many kills bounty hunters must be getting for bounty hunting CGs (and scouts are faster to kill than many human NPCs): there is plenty of will to engage in combat (although the credit rewards need a proper buff). I'm not sure how to advertise the endangered systems/stations widely in-game but perhaps Inara could put them on the front page. I wonder if prominent streamers/videomakers would be interested in giving the endangered systems/stations in a list on-screen at the end of their videos, or the various radio stations highlight them in their regular news? Otherwise, significant parts of the Bubble could be in trouble in a few months ...
    I've reviewed the process of analysing Eagle Eye to find which systems are being targeted and from watching the video on the Canonn website I think I should be able to transcribe the Thargoid Link messages by ear without using Audacity but I don't think I would be able to decode the Eagle Eye messages or the Thargoid Link co-ordinates without using out-of-game tools. I'm terrible at crytography and it would be just too hard to triangulate everything in the Thargoid co-ordinate system... . This is a barrier to getting more people involved; it's a big shame that the at-risk systems are not going to be given on Galnet. Assuming that there will continue to be narrative updates during the next year, I hope this is something that is a high priority to address.
    Sorry for the pessimism, must be because I wasn't able to help Byeru Bese this week; I'll try again in Oitbi. Good luck to everyone else fighting!

Originally Posted by Coolts View Post (Source)

1. All YouTube vids Iíve seen of tutorials on how to take down an interceptor show 1v1 Cmdr. vs bug. All i see are 4,6,8,10 scouts as far as threat 5 NHSS I think. If go higher do I have to kill 20 scouts before I can face an interceptor? More than 6 and I get swarmed before I can attrite their numbers to a manageable level.
    In HR 1183 in the Pleiades there are many threat 5 non human signal sources that have only 1 cyclops in it, no scouts. Great for practice.

* You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.

That's within 175 LYs, see here (you might recognise the name from my sig )

Originally Posted by Slange Lands View Post (Source)
    In HR 1183 in the Pleiades there are many threat 5 non human signal sources that have only 1 cyclops in it, no scouts. Great for practice.
    Sounds great! Is that a long term thing or one of these weekly events? Milking Robigo atm before server patch lands.

Originally Posted by Coolts View Post (Source)
    Sounds great! Is that a long term thing or one of these weekly events? Milking Robigo atm before server patch lands.
    Pleiades nhss are always around, though of course don't actually Save any systems from attacks.

Basically the Pleiades are the region to learn how to solo a Cyclops. With that training done, it's time to put the skills to use in the bubble in the more difficutlt NHSS or the soon to be CZ's to aid attacked systems.

Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 889192939495 LastLast