Page 1 of 144 1235 Last
Results 1 to 15 of 2148

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

  1. #1

    Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

    Targets this week :

    Incursions (AX CZ)

    (just check galnet 2nd post )

    Infestations (NHSS)

    hip 12779, hip 8830, turbacobo, agartha have NHSS

    61 virginis & ross 490 have no NHSS

    Eagle Eye:

    ee1 hip 12779
    ee2 hip 8830
    ee3 turbacobo (same as last week)
    ee4 agartha
    ee5 61 virginis (same as last week - but has already been attacked!)
    ee6 ross 490 (same as last week)

    Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

    Notes:
    • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
    • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
    • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
    • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
    • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet
    • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
    • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
    • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
    • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
    • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
    • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system




    (image via Reddit)

    (Thread title courtesy of Zaratan)

  2. #2
    I spent last week in HIP 21559, and I'm in Mentor right now. I already have approx. 100 kills here, so I'll move over to Lungini right now. I think I'll start tracking my kills, so I can divide my time equally between systems if necessary.

  3. #3
    I am already supporting Lungini becouse I know most players will focus Mentor. I wanna know if it's possible to defend both systems. I have a question. If we for example are killing Thargoids in different system but cash our combat bounds in Lungini will that help the fight?

  4. #4
    I will move over to Lungini then too. I've not yet seen any Massacre Thargoid missions or the Aegis ships in Mentor yet, I had sort of assumed both of these things would also be in systems with heavy Thargoid presence?

    I know this is probably impossible to figure out, but are you thinking that it's total number of any Thargoids killed in system, or Total bond value killed, or some other metric that means "This system has done enough not to be attacked"?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)
    I will move over to Lungini then too. I've not yet seen any Massacre Thargoid missions or the Aegis ships in Mentor yet, I had sort of assumed both of these things would also be in systems with heavy Thargoid presence?

    I know this is probably impossible to figure out, but are you thinking that it's total number of any Thargoids killed in system, or Total bond value killed, or some other metric that means "This system has done enough not to be attacked"?
    Interesting question. One way to find out would be to chose one system in which the bonds are directly cashed in, and the other system will have only the kill, but the bonds should be cashed in in another system.

  6. #6
    I've been working in Lunguni since yesterday - will continue today.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Louis Calvert View Post (Source)
    I will move over to Lungini then too. I've not yet seen any Massacre Thargoid missions or the Aegis ships in Mentor yet, I had sort of assumed both of these things would also be in systems with heavy Thargoid presence?

    I know this is probably impossible to figure out, but are you thinking that it's total number of any Thargoids killed in system, or Total bond value killed, or some other metric that means "This system has done enough not to be attacked"?
    That is indeed the question. Although it's fun to try to figure this out without fdev help (nice work there @Factabulous!), it would be nice to have an in-game way of monitoring support and progress.

    I've moved my Chieftain to Lunguni, hope to collect some Cyclops' scalps there.

  8. #8
    Jesus holy mother they're only 140ly away from Jamerson Memorial. I'm calling it now that the 3 superpower home systems are going to be attacked and the permit locks on them lifted for the support effort.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Jesus holy mother they're only 140ly away from Jamerson Memorial. I'm calling it now that the 3 superpower home systems are going to be attacked and the permit locks on them lifted for the support effort.
    < 90 from Sol ...

  10. #10
    Most important question is , are there any interceptors there or system is filled with scouts only like Huevang De ?

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    Most important question is , are there any interceptors there or system is filled with scouts only like Huevang De ?
    For now only scouts.

  12. #12
    For what it's worth,it seems like the strategy for Irandan/Hip 21559 worked.Im doing evac missions over in Irandan and whilst the presence of nhss is still there,it seems quite sparse.With nobody actively engaging them they're just flying about aimlessly,although i have come across a few wreckage sites.No signs of vitriolics except on the station.
    I like the proposal although the goal of 50/50 seems perhaps a little optimistic given the unknown nature of the threat we face.No point losing two stations through overconfidence.
    I would suggest a more modest goal of 70/30 in favour of the more populous system

  13. #13
    If you go into a threat 6 in Mentor there's a chance it will be 4 scouts and a Cyclops. I imagine threat 7 is similar for a Basilisk, although I haven't tried.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    For what it's worth,it seems like the strategy for Irandan/Hip 21559 worked.Im doing evac missions over in Irandan and whilst the presence of nhss is still there,it seems quite sparse.With nobody actively engaging them they're just flying about aimlessly,although i have come across a few wreckage sites.No signs of vitriolics except on the station.
    I like the proposal although the goal of 50/50 seems perhaps a little optimistic given the unknown nature of the threat we face.No point losing two stations through overconfidence.
    I would suggest a more modest goal of 70/30 in favour of the more populous system
    Well, it's worth a try. If both systems go down, then we can do something like 70/30 next week.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Maligno View Post (Source)
    Well, it's worth a try. If both systems go down, then we can do something like 70/30 next week.
    If both go down Sol might be next and I don't care how much people hate the Federation SOL IS EVERYONE'S HOME SYSTEM! So if Sol is on the list for attack that deserves 100% effort.

Page 1 of 144 1235 Last