Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 65686970717275 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1306

Thread: Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    Intriguing. Gnosis called for backup?
    I went to check it out - it's about 200 ly away from The Gnosis. I didn't have a recon limpet or whatever it takes to hack the data terminal, but they were definitely attacked. The system is swarming with Threat 8 and Threat 9 NHSS. Looked around the 1 A moon, didn't see anything suspicious (literally only 10 minutes of eyeball-scanning) but the megaship is orbiting an ammonia world there.

First time I docked at the Vanguard and what do I see? Missions to destroy interceptors! I didn't even know those missions existed....

Originally Posted by TheOriginalB View Post (Source)
    I went to check it out - it's about 200 ly away from The Gnosis. I didn't have a recon limpet or whatever it takes to hack the data terminal, but they were definitely attacked. The system is swarming with Threat 8 and Threat 9 NHSS. Looked around the 1 A moon, didn't see anything suspicious (literally only 10 minutes of eyeball-scanning) but the megaship is orbiting an ammonia world there.
    Nothing interesting in the ship log uplink, sadly. Just one of the standard "They seem to be scanning our cargo... what did we pick up again?" ones.

Originally Posted by drama View Post (Source)
    First time I docked at the Vanguard and what do I see? Missions to destroy interceptors! I didn't even know those missions existed....
    Yes, they are brilliant. I also live on the Vanguard currently. If someone wants to do some coop thargoid hunting on ps4 please send me a friend request

Originally Posted by Darksnow47 View Post (Source)
    Yes, they are brilliant. I also live on the Vanguard currently. If someone wants to do some coop thargoid hunting on ps4 please send me a friend request
    Remember, however, that these do not count toward system defense unless they are coincidentally in the sieged system. I have never seen one in a sieged system myself.

Also, these missions exist, but mostly I see source me some stuff missions with maybe 1 go kill scouts/interceptors per faction.

Usually, I'll pick up a kill an interceptor mission for the money. Then spend the rest of the time fighting off nhss in the siege system. The first part is to pay for the remaining parts.

Thanks for the hints regarding the Vanguard, BDelacroix.

Is there a special pattern or logic with flight plan of the Vanguard and Acropolis? It's unfortunate that the missions don't help to protect the systems...

But I found the missions a good way to find Cyclops.

Originally Posted by Darksnow47 View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the hints regarding the Vanguard, BDelacroix.

Is there a special pattern or logic with flight plan of the Vanguard and Acropolis? It's unfortunate that the missions don't help to protect the systems...

But I found the missions a good way to find Cyclops.
    New systems are posted in-ship on Wednesday evening UK time (varies depending on when FD update them) .

The locations chosen depend (vaguely) on whether we win each target system. Easiest way to find the ships is in eddb - links on the first post will take you there.

Originally Posted by viper*** View Post (Source)
    I saw there nhss7 but didnt enter, never seen nhss7 with only scouts
    I just dropped into a NHSS 8 in Agastani. I saw four scouts and a few moments later a "frame anomaly detected". I quickly engaged my FSD as my Cobra is not fit for facing a Medusa.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Details from Eagle Eye. Very boring, though there is a new megaship wreck near the Gnosis:

EE3 hip 21251 a 8 c
    * Outotz BX-I c23-1 Wrecked Megaship near planet 2
    * Outotz ST-I d9-6 Gnosis

EE4 hip 20785 6b
    * 12 Trianguli - INRA Taylors Keep
    * UGP 145

EE5 hip 20859 a 1 a
    * HIP 16613 - Bug Killer Wreck
    * Agastani
    Not totally boring. Seeing a second Outotz target system would seem to confirm that we can expect alien activity out there on an ongoing basis, i.e. it wasn't a one-time thing triggered by the attempted Gnosis jump. I was halfway expecting that it would be. If there was a Thargoid bubble around the Cone Nebula the size of the one around the Pleiades, it would sit entirely within the locked sectors and we'd be none the wiser. (Which makes me wonder if that wasn't exactly the case until Gnosis came along, and Canonn's nosing around has actually directly caused an expansion of Thargoid activity in the region.)

Originally Posted by Maolagin View Post (Source)
    Not totally boring. Seeing a second Outotz target system would seem to confirm that we can expect alien activity out there on an ongoing basis, i.e. it wasn't a one-time thing triggered by the attempted Gnosis jump. I was halfway expecting that it would be. If there was a Thargoid bubble around the Cone Nebula the size of the one around the Pleiades, it would sit entirely within the locked sectors and we'd be none the wiser. (Which makes me wonder if that wasn't exactly the case until Gnosis came along, and Canonn's nosing around has actually directly caused an expansion of Thargoid activity in the region.)
    There's a theory that maybe Canonn caused the Hydra attack and that Hydra attack fleet is now heading towards the bubble - at current rate it will be there in several weeks. Could even be that Hydra are part of the famed '2nd faction' of Thargoids from the books (though I hope not, as they are no more violent than the previous ones). Or it may just be that FD knew Gnosis would be around a couple of weeks, so set this up as something interesting to find.

Next week will tell - if EE switches back to all bubble targets then it was all a side-show, if not it could be fun to track down. Apparently the target system was only added to EDSM a week or so ago, so probably when FD chose it we had not scanned it - could have been the first time we would need to track down a target system (which would have been awesome, and was what I had hoped was part of what we would do if we made it into Cone).

Will be interesting to see......

I was interdicted by a Thargoid 100lys from Ceos

it shocked me thats for sure maybe the thargoids are attracted to the stations that had meta-alloys delivered in the past if this is old news then sorry but i dont keep upto date on some things

Can someone tell me where and if at all I can get a normal cyclops in a USS?

Want to test some builds...

Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    Can someone tell me where and if at all I can get a normal cyclops in a USS?

Want to test some builds...
    Probably best bet is the Cyclops missions from Aegis megaships (see first post for locations). I think they'll be available from the Rescue Ship near recent station attacks as well, but haven't tried that recently.

Threat 5 in the Pleiades can be Cyclops, but can also just be a heap of scouts.

Systems Agastani and UGP 145

Total TG kills

Anybody knows what is the total kills? Information on the Cannon website have disappeared.

And of course Frontier doesn't give any information in the station report or system map, ughh.

Anyway according to TOP 10 kills I think the stations are going to die.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 65686970717275 ... LastLast