Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: No Neofabric Insulation anywhere

  1. #1

    No Neofabric Insulation anywhere

    One of my objectives is liberate the Corrosion Resistance Cargo and I cant find any mission with Neofabric Insulation as reward...

    No station has it to sell...

    Cant find it anywhere...I think its better with Fdev could take a look...becouse I think something is broken...anyone found it after 3.03 somewhere ?

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Lorcar View Post (Source)
    One of my objectives is liberate the Corrosion Resistance Cargo and I cant find any mission with Neofabric Insulation as reward...

    No station has it to sell...

    Cant find it anywhere...I think its better with Fdev could take a look...becouse I think something is broken...anyone found it after 3.03 somewhere ?
    Those are not a purchasable commodity. They only spawn as mission rewards, and they seem to have disappeared from these - possibly around the time they started tweaking the 3.0.3 mission board rewards... there may be a connection there. Have a look through the known issues section to see if it's listed?

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Ethaidan View Post (Source)
    Those are not a purchasable commodity. They only spawn as mission rewards, and they seem to have disappeared from these - possibly around the time they started tweaking the 3.0.3 mission board rewards... there may be a connection there. Have a look through the known issues section to see if it's listed?
    Can confirm they have gone after they did the balance pass. Wasted a couple of evenings gathering tech broker stuff to fall on this hurdle. Would have taken them if i had known they were needed before the tweaks came in. Reminds me of the modular terminals fiasco.

  4. #4
    Saw lots in the Megaships you can loot today. Time to break out the hatchbreakers

  5. #5
    They have been "balanced" out

    Don't bother till 3.04, they're not there.

  6. #6


    bring manifest scanner, hatchbreaker limpets, collector limpets.

    Find a wrecked megaship - the two in Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 near the Oracle (Banner and Hercules class) have lots of cargo holds, though you will probably have to relog.

    Datalink scan ship, then Manifest scan cargo holds until you find the one you want. Datalink Scan the cargo hatch, target the Limpet Docking Point subtarget, scoop the tasty loot.

    Or you can express your poutrage on the forums like ^^^^

    * Of course these are somewhat random, so you might need to find another - I hear reports of others in Electra

    Edit: As someone pointed out later, unwrecked megaships give stolen goods, so useless for most ppl. So I changed the post to talk about how to get them from wrecked megaships as then they are not stolen, and the technique is easier. Though you don't get as many as above

    And I added a video of me doing it in a later post : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6561640

  7. #7
    There was a run on them and we lost the recipe on how to make more. How about some tea and cake?

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Saw lots in the Megaships you can loot today. Time to break out the hatchbreakers
    Not in the game right now but I believe it says "clean goods only" or something to that effect on the tech broker screen.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Tel View Post (Source)
    Not in the game right now but I believe it says "clean goods only" or something to that effect on the tech broker screen.
    hmmm, that miiiight be an issue then - can't remember if they're marked as stolen. Could try and get them from the wrecked megaships - they're public - but supplies are lower and I can't remember if the neofabric drops from them. An interesting task for someone who needs them

  10. #10
    Delivering 180t of them right now for 8mil.....pity cant take from mission load,could sell them for more to cmdr's

  11. #11
    so the megaship thing doesnt work ? ive just got like 7 stolen neofabric insulation so i shouldnt bother getting the rest ? this game is becoming so frustrating. the most frustrating bit is when like this happens silence from frontier.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Great tip, thanks! But my problem is, that all cargo sticks to the megaship like glue, so my limpets destroy trying to get to them andI can't get close enough!?

    Edit: found another megaship and got my cargo. Again, thanks for the tip rep inc

  14. #14
    Video of getting Neofabrics from a wrecked megaship


  15. #15
    Has anyone successfully used stolen Neofabric Insulation with the tech broker?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast