Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 3.0.5

Originally Posted by AGR-13 View Post (Source)
    Dear Frontier

Since this patch I notice a right hand animation for "yaw". The joystick animation for the right hand shows a right / left move during yaw.

the problem is: I use VR and a pedal to yaw and my hand is not moving like this. This animation is very annoying and kills immersion for pedal owners.

-> I suggest a additional option in graphics below the "disable idle hand animation" like this "yaw animation" -> [OFF / RIGHT HAND / ... (maybe later on (PEDAL)].

I play ED because it is the best VR game and immersion is very important to me. An option to disable/control this hand animation would be great.

Thank you devs!
    What about those with dual sticks in VR? Or gamepads? Or perhaps SpaceMouse? Or with a Left Handed HOTAS setup? Or throttle with a paddle which could be used for either roll or yaw?

There are many different possibilities where the real world controls are concerned and it is perhaps a bit unrealistic to expect FD to represent every possible control system in the virtual environment.

Further more, if you look at the controls of SRVs and space craft you should notice a difference there too.

The only viable option IMO would be to turn off the visualisation of the control system but that may look even weirder.

[EDIT]Speaking as a VR user with a HOTAS Warthog setup and forward only throttle system (no twist option nor peddles), I personally find the system (VR environment control visualisation) fine as-is and does not significantly impact on immersion IMO.[/EDIT]

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    The problem with the Galaxy Map crash everytime it is used issue is that some of us like myself don't suffer from it at all, which means that it is not going to be simple to lock down what causes it.
    I fixed the Galaxy Map crash when I updated my graphics card drivers. ymmv

Originally Posted by henry1491 View Post (Source)
    I fixed the Galaxy Map crash when I updated my graphics card drivers. ymmv
    After being away from ED for some 7 weeks due to the galmap crash i decided on a whim to just try it with latest drivers, made no difference so the instant CTD still exists.

Originally Posted by Dean Demon View Post (Source)
    After being away from ED for some 7 weeks due to the galmap crash i decided on a whim to just try it with latest drivers, made no difference so the instant CTD still exists.
    What graphics card, OS, and drivers are you using?

It is rare I have encountered a crash in ED and even rarer that the crash is reliably repeatable.

FTR I have a 1080 Ti, Win10 Pro, and latest NVidia drivers here.

If using Steam, have you tried validating your game cache - that has cured some unexplained crashes for me in the past.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021