Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: An option for feathers ?...

That's really a huge decision to make...

I would say - hold your stand but keep your hope alive.

Originally Posted by xPorkulusx View Post (Source)
    I mean I'd take small dinosaurs of any size. I was thinking of things like Dryosaurus or Psittacosaurus.
    Dryosaurs are actually quite big in reality. I'd love to see the Microceratus from the Jurassic World Website

Do not buy this game if there is no option for feathers, because your children will learn wrong and destroy their education by false information.

IMPORTANT: Only buy games that do provide scientifically correct educational information in them.

Originally Posted by ArchEmperor View Post (Source)
    Do not buy this game if there is no option for feathers, because your children will learn wrong and destroy their education by false information.
    What's your source for dinosaurs having optional feathers. Did they moult twice a year?

(In which case - thinking about it - not having feathers is fine)

IMPORTANT: Only buy games that do provide scientifically correct educational information in them.
    This isn't an educational game. This a game based on material that is considered science fiction. If you want an educational game about Dinosaurs you will have to look else where. If you want a fun JP/W park builder then buy this game.

Well good thing I don't use videogames to teach my daughter information, I feel bad for anyone that does since that means they can not be bothered to teach them, themselves. I am planning on buying this game and will love every second of it. Also we have no idea what dinosaurs really looked like so for all we know the dinosaurs here could be( most likely not) accurate, but as it has been stated many times before. Theses are not Dinosaurs, these are Theme park monsters.

The problem is not that YOU know that they are not dinosaurs, the problem is that people who buy the game and who don't know anything about them will thing that theses monsters are real dinosaurs

I still don’t see why we can’t find a way to compromise and make a more ‘updated’ (not 100% accurate, and still keeping within the JP franchise's principles) version of the dinosaurs, when considering the Science division wants to create more genetically pure version of the animals. It would help keep the game more consistent when considering that species such as Edmontosaurus and Suchomimus are accurately portrayed.

Originally Posted by PyrotheRaptor View Post (Source)
    The problem is not that YOU know that they are not dinosaurs, the problem is that people who buy the game and who don't know anything about them will thing that theses monsters are real dinosaurs
    So, why don't you go educate them then and tell everyone you shouldn't look at the movies also because they are not real dinosaurs!
    Fact is that most dinosaurs didn't have feathers at all and what is known about what species that did have feathers is still up for debate.
    Some species seemed to have partly covering of feathers while others only had some on the upper parts of their body.
    Paleontologists all around the globe are still debating about it, last year the Smithsonian brought out a article that most likely the T-Rex was scaled and might have had some feathers unlike one of the tyranosauris that was found in Asia.
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ays-180963603/

If they cannot figure it out yet, why should you!

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    So, why don't you go educate them then and tell everyone you shouldn't look at the movies also because they are not real dinosaurs!
    Fact is that most dinosaurs didn't have feathers at all and what is known about what species that did have feathers is still up for debate.
    Some species seemed to have partly covering of feathers while others only had some on the upper parts of their body.
    Paleontologists all around the globe are still debating about it, last year the Smithsonian brought out a article that most likely the T-Rex was scaled and might have had some feathers unlike one of the tyranosauris that was found in Asia.

That adresses Tyannosaurids not having feathers (except perhaps for Yutyrannus), not Dromaeosaurs. I don't think ALL dinos should have feathers, because that'd be as bad as having none, especially from an educatoinal POV (should you care about that). But I personally would like (the option of) feathers on the dinos that most likely had them because I think feathers look nice. Again, I don't want it to be the standard version of the dinos, just a cosmetic option that happens to fit in rather well with the science devion's goal.

Better yet if it's not 100% hard fact why should people put feathers on their Dinosaurs in games or other media?

Originally Posted by PyrotheRaptor View Post (Source)
    Again this isn't an educational game. The people who think these Dinosaurs are real will always think that way. They won't ever learn a thing about real Dinosaurs cause they have no interest in them or they are lazy. Like someone else posted, the fact that Dinosaurs had feathers is still up for debate and not every single Dinosaur had feathers.

This is a game based on movies that are science fiction based on books that are also science fiction.

That is what I don't get. The op sounds like everyone is an idiot for not caring about feathers, but we honesty have no idea what they looked like and of they did or didn't have them. The ones that did they aren't sure how much was covered. Heck they don't even know 100% how the plates on a Stegosaurus were positioned so maybe they shouldn't have that in the game since it is not accurate according to ops logic

Originally Posted by Gondrasia View Post (Source)
    I still donít see why we canít find a way to compromise and make a more Ďupdatedí (not 100% accurate, and still keeping within the JP franchise's principles) version of the dinosaurs, when considering the Science division wants to create more genetically pure version of the animals. It would help keep the game more consistent when considering that species such as Edmontosaurus and Suchomimus are accurately portrayed.

This could be DLC

Originally Posted by Qwerty123 View Post (Source)
    This could be DLC
    No ... Unfortunatly we will never have any kind of feathers in this game, people here and the devs just don't want them because this scared them, they are scared that a day new dinosaurs with feathers will completly replace the olds ones of their childhood, and this is why we will never had any feathers on this game, or even a good dinosaur game with accurate and feathered dinosaurs ... doesn't matter if some people like me want it, there will always a big majority who will be totally against that ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast