Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [DW2] Distant Worlds II - Waypoint Scouting Event

Originally Posted by Orvidius View Post (Source)

For the submission instructions, it says a maximum of two screenshots. Is this correct, or was it meant to be minimum? I'll assume that I'll need to include exactly two for any further submissions, for now.
    I didn't want the thread becoming too pic heavy and no fun to load/view - but if If they're in spoilers I guess you can post as many screenshots as you like. I'll amend that request in the 1st post

Basecamp candidate submission:

CMDR Orvidius
    2074 03C-DW

Basecamp: Tranquility Valley
    Region: Perseus Stem
    Type: Planetary Nebula

System: Phroi Bluae QI-T E3-3454
    Body: (moon) 2 A

Surface Gravity: 0.12G
    Coords: -59.6, 128.4

Description: A planetary nebula 8,400 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, along the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. Light blue skies surrounding a neutron star system make for some spectacular environmental views.

More details: I chose a landing location next to a valley, where the planet overhead is clearly in view. The moon is tidally locked, and will maintain that view angle. I could have opted for a site easier to spot from orbit, but this moon didn't have a lot of obvious landmarks, and I wanted to make sure the gas giant was just above the horizon with the rings mostly horizontal. It supposedly has iron magma volcanism, but I didn't spot any during a brief look around.

The moon has three of the main jumponium components: Yttrium, Vanadium, and Niobium.

I wasn't the original discoverer of this planetary nebula, but most of it was still untagged when I found it.

Originally Posted by Erimus Kamzel View Post (Source)
    I didn't want the thread becoming too pic heavy and no fun to load/view - but if If they're in spoilers I guess you can post as many screenshots as you like. I'll amend that request in the 1st post
    Phew! That was close!

Basecamp candidate submissions:

Both of these are in the same system / planetary nebula, just two different moons. Obviously both shouldn't be accepted together, but it gives a choice of landing sites.

CMDR Orvidius
    2074 03C-DW

Site 1:

System: Lyaisua SJ-Z e7708
    POI: Blue Rhapsody Nebula
    Region: Galctic Core / Perseus Stem

Basecamp: Hazy Basin
    Body: (moon) 4 A

Surface Gravity: 0.26 G
    Coords: 62.83, -163.02

Description: A planetary nebula 5,587 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, between the Galactic Core and the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. A large supernova remnant, with varying shades of purple and blue.

More details: I chose the rim of the large crater, since it is filled with a thick green haze. The views are better from atop the rim than from inside the crater.

This is a "green" system, with all of the jumponium components available.

I wasn't the original discoverer of this planetary nebula, but most of it was still untagged when I found it.

Site 2:

System: Lyaisua SJ-Z e7708
    POI: Blue Rhapsody Nebula
    Region: Galctic Core / Perseus Stem

Basecamp: Rhapsody Canyon
    Body: (moon) 3 A

Body: (moon) 3 A

Surface Gravity: 0.06 G
    Coords: -59.59, -106.89

Description: A planetary nebula 5,587 lightyears away from Sagittarius A*, between the Galactic Core and the Perseus Stem portion of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. A large supernova remnant, with varying shades of purple and blue.

More details: Landing site is at a canyon that makes a "figure eight" pattern, easily visible from orbit. This places the gas giant at a highly visible angle over the horizon, since the moon is tidally locked, and will always face the same way relative to the planet.

This is a "green" system, with all of the jumponium components available.

Has anyone suggested this?

• Kyloasly DA-A f69 (Sword of Damocles)
    • 2 C
    • Haven't got one
    • 0.07G
    • Haven't got one
    • Haven't got one

According to edsm with thanks to Ghost Giraffe, the next collision close to the Launch date would be, 17 November 3304 and 30 March 3305 (and from my calculation, 11 August 3305)
    The last collision event took place on 26/2/3304. It is estimated that each collision occurs after 134.2975139 days.
    Preferably we should arrive a week or half a week beforehand or calculate collisions more accurately using orbital mechanics.

CG submission in Perseus Stem

CMDR Kanoze
    Not in the fleet but propsecting in perseus stem and heard about the scouting on DSN . I'm a little off the trajectory showed on topic (trajectory is between both s of perseus on map, i'm below the t of stem)

System name:Phroea Bli ZV-T D4-2 194
    Planetary body reference: Phroea BLI ZV-T D4-2194 4 (life based gas giant)

Write a short description of your POI: life based gas giant with metallic ring and a landable planet close by. a Y star with another metallic ring and 2 ice planets with ice rings.

second pic of Phroea BLI ZV-T D4-2194 4 A landable planet near to the life based gas giant.

CMDR WR3ND
    2075 03D-DW

EOR AUG EW-W F1-228
    "Degenerate Trio"
    Near The Gallipolis region.

This looks fairly close to being on the route back. Would be cool to stop back here and get to land on the moon there. I found the system back in 3301 and haven't been back to it since, though I do plan on going back there sometime anyway.

Trinary system with 1 black hole, 1 white dwarf, and 1 neutron star (all "end of life" star types). The system is also very old, nearly the known age of the universe, which makes some sense, given the state of the stars in their life cycles. These may be the remnants of first generation stars.

Also the system has two terraformable terrestrial water worlds with life, one with a landable moon. Unfortunately I have not landed there yet as it wasn't an option back in 3301.

This system is up a ways above the galactic plane, providing a nice vantage point, but should still be fairly easily reachable by most ships.

A distinct large crater near the south pole of the moon would make for a decent landing site, also featuring some compelling blueish color variation – will be interesting to see how it looks after Q4. If this site is considered and more specific landing coordinates are needed, let me know and I can race out there to get them.

This POI tourist destination system was submitted by me and used and named by Frontier previously as "Degenerate Trio," which is fine with me.

I just did a Google search for it and found a YouTube video someone else has made of the system here...

https://youtu.be/Q7Ad19JjnL8

Cheers.

CMDR SGT STUBBY
    DW2 Roster #2829 - 11G-DW

System: PYRIE EURL LX-U C2-0
    Region: Solitude Void/Silentium
    Type: Geyser + Close orbit planet

Basecamp: Angel's Heart
    Body: (moon) A 1 A

Surface Gravity: 0.13 G
    Coords: 43.07 / -135.07

Description: A landing site 9500 light years from Beagle Point makes a good stop between the Solitude Void before entering the Silentium region.

More details: Landing site is at a canyon that upon close look resembles a snow angel with geysers coming from the "Chest" area.

https://imgur.com/a/6e0C4fe

o7 CMDRs

Possible PoI: Ringed ELW

System: EORLD BYOE YL-B D14-4701
    Region: Far 3kpc Arm, on the path from the Core to the Perseus Stem

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234