Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 104107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1656

Thread: The PvE <-> PvP Rift

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Are you still trying to tell me how the game works? I know how it works. What part if this dont you understand?

Im showing the needs for changes. A lot of people are.

Thats how you get changes done. Showing facts not opinions. Proof and not the same circular discussion.

Havnt you guys noticed I can write essays on this stuff? I know how the game works Roybe.
    The grand strategy of the half dozen people you so often find yourself arguing with is to beat you down with an almost miraculous persistence that will inevitably result in you becoming frustrated and giving up. The trick is to understand that you will never convince this group of people of anything. The good news is that other people may read your words and see their value and perhaps be swayed by your arguments.

See you still dont get it lol.

WoWs servers arent sharded either in that example. All it does is phase out the PVPers and the PVPers. The end outcome of the PVPers effects the PVEers. Every action PVPers take is what influences the server. Still single shard.

Its just a filter system. like we have now. Except the PVEers have no effect. And if you want that buff for the area. Then you have to FIGHT FOR IT, by switching modes.

Do you understand what they are doing here? And how this translates to Elite Dangerous.

Its the Exact same thing people have been asking for in Elite. Otherwise, everyone will fight for it in the PVE mode. There would be no reason to PVP in WoW knowing you can be stopped. SO they funnel it on the SAME SHARDED SERVER. Where you are forced to PVP if you want control of the zone. If you dont PVP for it. You cant complain you didnt get the buff as a PVEer because you offered nothing in the area where Playergroups reside. Or in WoW's case, Faction vs Faction.

No different than the changes Elite Needs. Same thing Different game.

Because IT MAKES SENSE.

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    The grand strategy of the half dozen people you so often find yourself arguing with is to beat you down with an almost miraculous persistence that will inevitably result in you becoming frustrated and giving up.
    Yep, and its the same people every-time. its why that bingo card exists lol.

Roybe just said he watched hundreds of PVPers walk away on his friends list. And people dont care. (but the devs do care)

These guys know whats happening here

They are now being called out on it. Its been a facade this whole time. The wall of info, everything has been tailor made / social engineering. But I caught on and its only the same few doing it. (Speaking for everyone else )

Ive posted in different threads across these forums. And Ive seen the same people follow this discussion even if I wasnt a part of it when someone else brings it up.

hell you can go back to this thread, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3680532 and scroll a few pages and see the same people show up. Very upset he even acknowledged risk and reward.

The shows over man. This water-gate crap is coming to an end.

Its really funny to watch.

Originally Posted by Kalie View Post (Source)
    No proof in that statement, I know players who dont do the META thing and they have been playing like me since beta release. We learned that you have fun however you can. For me flying in an unshielded ship (for a while) was the best way to go since the rebuy was less (as well as no weapons etc) so it was much easier to recover from. That got boring and I tried something different, not because it was more optimal but because I got tired of the other way. I do that, you know, change things up from time to time just for fun.
    If you think the majority of the player base even visits these forums you need a reality check. Mobius (all its groups) are handed out for players that just dont want to be bothered with PvP regardless of the reason. I doubt its only because of the META.
    My guess is most players dont care about PvP and do not get involved. Most players dont even really play the BGS intentionally or ever join a player faction or try to flip a system.
    So what you seem to want is to change the game of the majority for the subset of the least popular play style in the game.
    Ive posted proof, yall intentionally turn a blind eye to it.

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    See you still dont get it lol.

WoWs servers arent sharded either in that example. All it does is phase out the PVPers and the PVPers. The end outcome of the PVPers effects the PVEers. Every action PVPers take is what influences the server. Still single shard.

Its just a filter system. like we have now. Except the PVEers have no effect. And if you want that buff for the area. Then you have to FIGHT FOR IT, by switching modes.

Do you understand what they are doing here? And how this translates to Elite Dangerous.

Its the Exact same thing people have been asking for in Elite. Otherwise, everyone will fight for it in the PVE mode. There would be no reason to PVP in WoW knowing you can be stopped. SO they funnel it on the SAME SHARDED SERVER. Where you are forced to PVP if you want control of the zone. If you dont PVP for it. You cant complain you didnt get the buff as a PVEer because you offered nothing in the area where Playergroups reside. Or in WoW's case, Faction vs Faction.

No different than the changes Elite Needs. Same thing Different game.

Because IT MAKES SENSE.
    Not much different than PvP or PvE servers. Just a different way to do it. Somewhere between PvP Flags, and separate servers. PvP servers and open world PvP failed, and now they are just creating a way to recycle the server hardware. Wait until they see only the same 5 guys in the Battle Mode fighting for whatever they drop in.

In WoW there are no territorial battles either, no Player Factions, none of the stuffs your have been harping on. The only thing that resembles E|D in what they described is the phrase PvP.

Originally Posted by Mohrgan View Post (Source)
    Not much different than PvP or PvE servers. Just a different way to do it. Somewhere between PvP Flags, and separate servers. PvP servers and open world PvP failed, and now they are just creating a way to recycle the server hardware. Wait until they see only the same 5 guys in the Battle Mode fighting for whatever they drop in.

In WoW there are no territorial battles either, no Player Factions, none of the stuffs your have been harping on. The only thing that resembles E|D in what they described is the phrase PvP.
    Delusional. Are you kidding me? Horde Vs Alliance.

Again, the PVEers have no say so if the zone gets buffed or not. The PVPers do. If they allowed the PVEers to control the zone. Open/Warmode wouldnt have the buffs they get. And the fight for territory would all be done on the PVE side because its optimal.

They funneled the content correctly here.

Stop with your shenanigans will ya?

The trick is to understand that you will never convince this group of people of anything.
    You are of course talking about yourself, That90skid, Algomatic and a few others, right?

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    You are of cousre talking about yourself, That90skid, Algomatic and a few others, right?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3680680

Speaking of the same people thats been fighting against it for years.

Knowing sandro acknowledged risk and reward in the first place.

It looks like its not even released yet. When I try to do it I only get a pre-order option so who knows how it will turn out. Shoot even EvE online has gone over to a free to play system, so everything can change.
    Still from what I saw it was still an opt in system where things players could already do were not removed from them, just something added.
    Why would that not work for ED, why remove something from players, (the BGS is something) so come up with an idea to add to rather than remove, should be simple for someone with all the (limited scope) proof
    lol. For the 100th time. NOTHING IS BEING REMOVED. Just Balanced. Nothing would be removed from anyone. Opt in or Opt out.

This is not hard to understand. Put the pony show down and listen to what im trying to tell you.

The 'fix PvP' thread is over there >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...lite-Dangerous

This is the 'Equality for NPCs' thread.

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    The 'fix PvP' thread is over there >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...lite-Dangerous

Again, like I explained earlier. Its merely impossible due to the way NPC's are farming tools.

Not matter what happens. There has to be major changes for anything to work.

For the 100th time yes you are trying to remove the BGS from solo/pg so yes you are trying to remove something. No way around it, but you cant admit that can you. Nope just frothing at the mouth (ALL CAPS) and plugging your ears (eyes) and going nanananananana when that is pointed out.

So if you really dont want to remove anything come up with something to add to the game prove the thread wrong.

What about the rest of that post do you think the idea to make it like WoW would be received well?

Pony show (lol) or maybe that was supposed to be an insult?
    Nah the Ponies are the best part of my day for sure. Even fallout equestria.
    I use caps in hopes you will read what I am trying to tell you. Instead of playing a dumb blonde pretending not to understand it. Like cmon. Who do you think you're messing with here lol.

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)

This thread has been a hopeless dogpile since it began. There was absolutely no help with maintaining the OP's original intent, and now it's just a splinter from the Hotel California.

No proof in that statement, I know players who dont do the META thing and they have been playing like me since beta release. We learned that you have fun however you can. For me flying in an unshielded ship (for a while) was the best way to go since the rebuy was less (as well as no weapons etc) so it was much easier to recover from. That got boring and I tried something different, not because it was more optimal but because I got tired of the other way. I do that, you know, change things up from time to time just for fun.
    If you think the majority of the player base even visits these forums you need a reality check. Mobius (all its groups) are handed out for players that just dont want to be bothered with PvP regardless of the reason. I doubt its only because of the META.
    My guess is most players dont care about PvP and do not get involved. Most players dont even really play the BGS intentionally or ever join a player faction or try to flip a system.
    So what you seem to want is to change the game of the majority for the subset of the least popular play style in the game.
    Jesus. People will ALWAYS min max to gain an advatange. You should learn about human nature, same as in life people always chose the path with the least resistance, the optimal path to sucees everywhere. The META! In games, in sports, in life.

Thats why you cannot rely on "everybody will be in OPEN to have fun PvPing", no they won't! They will go to SOLO as soon as they begin to loose in OPEN. Its g obvious and you need to be blind not to see it. Specially when this is already happening in PP with the 5th column and the Grom group.

This thread has been a hopeless dogpile since it began. There was absolutely no help with maintaining the OP's original intent, and now it's just a splinter from the Hotel California.
    This hasnt been the intent. But its what it all comes back to.

I explained here why it wont work properly, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...85#post6628985

I know im "quoting myself" That always seem to go over well. Anyways, there is truth to why OP's suggestion wont currently work. A lot has to be changed in one way or another no matter what.

Perhaps you are too old to understand this but ALL CAPS is considered rude and Neanderthal behavior. It really does read like you are frothing at the mouth.
    And what part of taking away the BGS from solo/pg is not removing anything from the game.
    You do realize the game requires the BGS for anything to change from saving names on new discoveries to fluctuating prices. Its the background simulation without which there is no game. So i guess you are taking everything away from others.
    Address this point please, I am not a dumb blond but maybe I am a dumb ginger, because I do not see how you can say you are not taking anything away from players.
    I dont know what you're talking about. Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

I have no idea what a dab is.

All I know is, im pretty fly for a white guy.