Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13161718
Results 256 to 268 of 268

Thread: Distant World 2: What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

  1. #256
    I just remembered I put legacy modules on my Krait from a ship I sold, so I've re-engineered them and that gets me to 36ly. I'll go do the Guardians FSD (not done any of that yet) so that should get me to a respectable 46ly or so.

    Feel bad for leaving my Asp Explorer behind but the SLF's are too much to resist!

  2. #257
    Perhaps the Krait Phantom will be a Krait with 3 extra size 3 module slots. That would make a good exploration ship.
    Roll on tomorrow’s download!

    (Phantom as in Rolls Royce, luxurious, maybe with a wetbar & definitely a coffee maker, possibly an ice cream machine as well for when you arrive too close to a triple star! )

    Edit 28th Aug 12:35 sigh, no mention of a Krait variant on the livestream so far, perhaps that a chapter 4 thing?

  3. #258
    An Orca, Why? because I have never explored in one before

  4. #259
    I'm thinking about going with a Type 9 instead of the 7:

    https://s.orbis.zone/kud

  5. #260
    Originally Posted by Martin Afonso View Post (Source)
    I'm thinking about going with a Type 9 instead of the 7:

    https://s.orbis.zone/kud
    That looks pretty good. Those Guardian FSD boosters really change things. I love that a T9 can get its range into the mid-40s now.

  6. #261
    I’m actually returning early from my current trip in order to try and get a new ship for DW2. As it stands now I have a asp x with a 31.5 lay jump range when fully fueled. I’m hoping that what I made on my trip will be enough to get me a anaconda. Besides the normal refitting to make it a explorer, I don’t know what else to bring on it. I was not around for DW1, so I don’t know what’s needed. Hopefully as we get closer to it starting I’ll know what to put on my conda. Or if anyone has better suggestions let me know.

  7. #262
    Originally Posted by Winter-huntsman View Post (Source)
    I’m actually returning early from my current trip in order to try and get a new ship for DW2. As it stands now I have a asp x with a 31.5 lay jump range when fully fueled. I’m hoping that what I made on my trip will be enough to get me a anaconda. Besides the normal refitting to make it a explorer, I don’t know what else to bring on it. I was not around for DW1, so I don’t know what’s needed. Hopefully as we get closer to it starting I’ll know what to put on my conda. Or if anyone has better suggestions let me know.
    You'll need a ship with around a 33.5 light year jump range to avoid needing jumponium. So that gives you a baseline to work with.

    I've two exploration ships currently. One is a Type-10 support explorer. 48 light year jump range with fuel and repair controllers but no DSS.

    The other is a Krait Mk II set up as an armed escort explorer. 51.75 light year jumps. A full set of weapons with fighter support and, thanks to a 3A prismatic generator, just over 500Mj of resistance augmented shields.

  8. #263
    Originally Posted by baudelier View Post (Source)
    You'll need a ship with around a 33.5 light year jump range to avoid needing jumponium. So that gives you a baseline to work with.

    I've two exploration ships currently. One is a Type-10 support explorer. 48 light year jump range with fuel and repair controllers but no DSS.

    The other is a Krait Mk II set up as an armed escort explorer. 51.75 light year jumps. A full set of weapons with fighter support and, thanks to a 3A prismatic generator, just over 500Mj of resistance augmented shields.
    Ok so I made a un-engineered anaconda, it will make 34lys by its self. Iím going to engineer it, but in case I canít do that intime I know it will make the minimum distance needed.
    https://s.orbis.zone/l4h

    Iím hoping one I engineered it I can then add some weapons to it, maybe more cargo space, or better shields.
    All that matters now is that I can get back to the bubble and build it.

  9. #264
    I went back to the AspX because I didn't have enough materials to mod a FSD more than 1st level and I don't want to go off hunting for more. I have it at around 35ly jump at the moment. Of course, we will have to see how they did the scanners. We may or may not have an extra slot. I will have 2 SRVs though, repair limpet and one AFMU along with a small cargo bay.

  10. #265
    Since we now know that not only is the Krait Phantom coming in 3.3 but other new ships as well, I wonder how much the roster of ship choices will change between today and expedition start? It’s a good bet at least one new ship in 3.3 will be tailored towards exploration.

    I know I’ll be changing my choice of DBX to a different ship, but I think I’ll wait to decide until we see what 3.3 will bring with it first.

  11. #266
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Since we now know that not only is the Krait Phantom is coming in 3.3 but other new ships as well, I wonder how much the roster of ship choices will change between today and expedition start? It’s a good bet at least one new ship in 3.3 will be tailored towards exploration.

    I know I’ll be changing my choice of DBX to a different ship, but I think I’ll wait to decide until we see what 3.3 will bring with it first.
    Oh boy yeah baby

  12. #267
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Since we now know that not only is the Krait Phantom is coming in 3.3 but other new ships as well, I wonder how much the roster of ship choices will change between today and expedition start? It’s a good bet at least one new ship in 3.3 will be tailored towards exploration.

    I know I’ll be changing my choice of DBX to a different ship, but I think I’ll wait to decide until we see what 3.3 will bring with it first.
    At the moment I am happy with my Krait. But I will see what Q4 brings to the table.

  13. #268
    If its not the Panther Clipper, i'm not interested.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13161718