Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213
Results 181 to 188 of 188

Thread: Distant World 2: What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

  1. #181
    Not seen any example builds using Guardian tech. Playing around in Coriolis and came up with this. Any reason why not?

    https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit...rait%20Current

  2. #182
    Depends on jump requirements. If 50LYs will do, most likely Krait due to agility and SLF.

  3. #183
    Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Not seen any example builds using Guardian tech. Playing around in Coriolis and came up with this. Any reason why not?
    Personally, I do use some (see here), but there's a good reason for that. The GPP is basically the equivalent of a ~G4 overcharged power plant, so that's usually good. The GPD is similar, just to power distributors, plus it has the +4% power output bonus: however, people rarely use overcharged distributors for explorer ships. An engine focused PD will do better and be considerably lighter.

    As such, the only reason why you'd want to take the GPD (or an OC PD) out would be if system and weapon pip recharges would matter to you. Alternatively, the +4% power output might be good in some very rare cases. (Where the difference would be between heavy power plants... which it rarely is.)

    As for the other Guardian tech... FSD boosters are pretty much a given on 7+ slot ships, Guardian HRP isn't as good as modded HRP (it's better against Thargoids), Guardian SRP is rarely as good as simply going with better rated shields: it's more for pushing your shield cap beyond what was possible earlier. Guardian MRP is more useful though, since it provides more protection than the human MRP, for the same weight, just with added power consumption. However, both only provide protection from hostile fire, and neither heat nor collision damage. So basically, the only use it could see would be to protect against griefers on group meet-ups.

  4. #184
    ^ Agreed

    BTW here's my Python build for DW2: https://coriolis.io/outfit/python?co...0Going%20Merry

    Leaving the collector and cargo rack there for now, may swap it for some new exploration-based module which is supposedly inbound

  5. #185
    Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Personally, I do use some (see here), but there's a good reason for that. The GPP is basically the equivalent of a ~G4 overcharged power plant, so that's usually good. The GPD is similar, just to power distributors, plus it has the +4% power output bonus: however, people rarely use overcharged distributors for explorer ships. An engine focused PD will do better and be considerably lighter.

    As such, the only reason why you'd want to take the GPD (or an OC PD) out would be if system and weapon pip recharges would matter to you. Alternatively, the +4% power output might be good in some very rare cases. (Where the difference would be between heavy power plants... which it rarely is.)

    As for the other Guardian tech... FSD boosters are pretty much a given on 7+ slot ships, Guardian HRP isn't as good as modded HRP (it's better against Thargoids), Guardian SRP is rarely as good as simply going with better rated shields: it's more for pushing your shield cap beyond what was possible earlier. Guardian MRP is more useful though, since it provides more protection than the human MRP, for the same weight, just with added power consumption. However, both only provide protection from hostile fire, and neither heat nor collision damage. So basically, the only use it could see would be to protect against griefers on group meet-ups.
    Ah, that’s very informative. Thank you!

  6. #186
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    ^ Agreed

    BTW here's my Python build for DW2: https://coriolis.io/outfit/python?co...0Going%20Merry

    Leaving the collector and cargo rack there for now, may swap it for some new exploration-based module which is supposedly inbound
    Wrong link here Dr?
    no collector or cargo rack in this build, and you’ve got two 4G hangars plus an underpowered PP.

  7. #187
    I am not 100% decided. I may take a Krait if I can engineer the hell out of her. I love the view and the overall feel of that ship. Currently exploring in my Annie but she's been everywhere, i need a change. This may be her: https://s.orbis.zone/4_McSoxW I'm getting 62ly out of my build.

  8. #188
    Originally Posted by Cdr Voorheez View Post (Source)
    I am not 100% decided. I may take a Krait if I can engineer the hell out of her. I love the view and the overall feel of that ship. Currently exploring in my Annie but she's been everywhere, i need a change. This may be her: https://s.orbis.zone/4_McSoxW
    Yeah, that's pretty much my deciding factor as well. :-) As I mentioned earlier, I need jump range to keep up with the group, but I've discovered (thanks to edastro.com) that the Krait has fantastic range when fully engineered.


    If I'm able to buy it and engineer it properly in time, this is my goal: https://s.orbis.zone/8zqE8vAC


    I'm not changing my entry form until I'm positive, though. :-)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8111213