Page 64 of 71 First 60626364656668 Last

Thread: What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

Krait Phantom (currently 61.5 LY jump range) with engineered FSD and Dirty Drive Thrusters

Fuel Scoop 6A or 5A (if I don't get enough money in time)
    Guardian Booster
    AFMU 5A
    Cargo rack 8 tons (for limpets)
    Repair Limpet Controller
    Shields
    Hangar with SRV
    DSS

A couple of Heat sink deployers

I'm just missing a good paintjobs!

Anaconda Miner
    Jump range: 74/71/65
    Hull: ca. 1500
    Shield: ca. 800

Weapons:
    1 Pulse Laser

Hangers:
    2 Cars

https://s.orbis.zone/1w4m

Originally Posted by Goredema View Post (Source)
    After massive dithering (as seen earlier in this thread), I've finalized my ship for the expedition. Here's the requisite beauty shots of the ship and captain, before an ill-advised attempt to scoop 6 overlapping neutron black holes turns everything in these images to a cloud of carbon atoms...
    Wish me luck!

The Atacama [8T1-DW], named after the Atacama Desert in South America, home of some of the most scenic portions of the Dakar Rally for the last few years. It seemed fitting, considering the grueling in-game journey ahead.

Commander Goredema, my pilot for Distant Worlds 2. Yes, I TOTALLY paid extra real-world cash for cool outfits! Video games are about fun and competition, but they're also about playing Barbie Dream House dress-up.
    Hell yeah it's also about Barbie Dream House dress up. I've spent quite a bit on making my CMDR look good.

Asp Explorer - Stargazer

Current build: https://s.orbis.zone/1w6w

A modest jump range of 48.61 LY. I know I can get a better jump range but I prefer to see more systems even if it takes a bit longer.

The Remote Release Flak Launchers are for fireworks when I get to Beagle Point.

Originally Posted by Major Klutz View Post (Source)
    I'm questioning my decision to bring a fuel transfer limpet controller instead of a second AFMU.

I'm not a fuel rat. I'm not signed up as one or part of the fuel rat dispatch system.
    However, on my last expedition, the fuel transfer controller came in handy and I rescued an expedition member because I was much closer than the nearest fuel rat.

On this expedition though, there will be fuel rats a-plenty and I wouldn't want to take a potential rescue away from them.
    it's doubtful that I'll ever have a chance to use a fuel transfer limpet.

So, a second AFMU? Or maybe a decon or research?
    https://s.orbis.zone/1vhn
    If I remember correctly, the 3e decon repairs 70 compared to the 1x repair limpets which repair 60.
    So I chose the decon to have both effects

Originally Posted by Rudi Raumkraut View Post (Source)
    If I remember correctly, the 3e decon repairs 70 compared to the 1x repair limpets which repair 60.
    The class-3 repair limpets will repair 180 each, so it's still a big trade-off.

After much deliberating and going to coriolis every 5 minutes to check out every ship to see if i can cram everything in i think i have decided on this build https://s.orbis.zone/1w9h

And for the mining CGs - https://s.orbis.zone/1w9j

I have been having lots of fun flying it around the last few days giving it a shake down. And its a nice view in VR too.

Also while testing out my mining build i discovered that controller limpets can kill you if you get out to far ahead of them. I learned this the hard way of course

Originally Posted by Orvidius View Post (Source)
    The class-3 repair limpets will repair 180 each, so it's still a big trade-off.
    Absolutely true!
    Forgot to add that I was fine repairing myself on my last trips with a 1d repair

Heres what im taking..

I'm relatively new to the game (maybe two weeks) but I was able to meet the minimum jump requierments with the DBX. |Even picked it up for a 20% discount. Running light, but loaded just to make sure I'll be able to help in whatever situation. Planning on replacing/removing the cargo bay, but I'm just keeping it on now for system missions. You can PM me if you notice anything absurd. (Module power is a little wonky, but I was more concerned with just getting most of it done last night.) I haven't taken it out yet, but I figured with lack of engineering and budget issues, this is the best all around exploration vessel I could make.

https://s.orbis.zone/1wi6

Originally Posted by Rudi Raumkraut View Post (Source)
    You can activate silent running and boost repeatedly to hit the overheat threshold to cook off caustic. That way you can bring a 3D repair limpet that repairs 180 and shave off 3 tons.

Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    You can activate silent running and boost repeatedly to hit the overheat threshold to cook off caustic. That way you can bring a 3D repair limpet that repairs 180 and shave off 3 tons.
    You can do that, but you'll cause damage to your AFMU. Unless you have two.
    I'd rather let it do damage to the hull and then repair the hull after it wears off. It won't keep eating at the hull until it hits zero, will it?

Going with my long range Anaconda, mainly because by the time my exploration Asp gets back to Colonia to get my Anaconda, I'll need to do some catch up as I'm still kind of way the hell out there.

My build due to the shortening issue with Coriolis, I am putting the link in spoilers:

And despite never actually using a heat sink yet, I realized they basically don't do anything noticeable to my jump range for not having them, so I just kept them...

Originally Posted by Buffalo Alien View Post (Source)
    As a Geologist I will be taking my Krait Phantom (currently 62 LY jump range max) because it's a pleasure to fly in the deep unknown. Heat issues and planet surfaces are non issues unless I'm asleep at the wheel. It also has great maneuverability coming out of jumps and can boost boost boost.

Contemplated taking my money sink Cutter, but I cannot even fathom re-outfitting/engineering it for a long range mission.

Happy with current build https://s.orbis.zone/1swc but still attempting to finish engineering as much as I can.

Fly safe Commanders and look forward to seeing you out there.
    Well, it looks like I will be taking out my stripped down 43LY Imperial Cutter after all. Never say never.

Originally Posted by Major Klutz View Post (Source)
    You can do that, but you'll cause damage to your AFMU. Unless you have two.
    I'd rather let it do damage to the hull and then repair the hull after it wears off. It won't keep eating at the hull until it hits zero, will it?
    It completely removes the status. You take module damage from overheating, but I've been able to remove it between 140-150% heat. Actual module damage for the brief overheat is pretty negligible. You'd have to do it a lot to put a dent in an A rated AFMU. Most of the modules on your ship will go long before the AFMU does. For that, reboot/repair works to keep it functional.