Page 73 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68717273747578 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2622

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Your wishlist (SUGGESTIONS) for Jurassic World Evolution

Long list here, but mostly due to explanations.

1. Wider angles on the viewing platform. When I bought this upgrade, I thought it would give at least 90 degrees for the field of view. It appears to be closer to 60, even though the model makes it look like it's got a panoramic view. I can understand this in a balancing sense: if it was that good, why have anything else? I wouldn't mind if you bumped up the research cost (which is already pretty high) and the price to build each tower, so long as it gave a better field of view.

2. An upgrade to the ranger station/the feeding stations to allow for automatic refilling (so long as enough money is available). This is more of a quality of life idea, and not really that important.

3. More emphasis/depth on upkeep and visitors. I imagine you are all sick of hearing about Operation Genesis, but I feel that adding a few of the park-based features from this could make the game deeper. Visitors who came to see Dinosaurs for the thrills, for the carnage, for the authenticity, all of these are valid ways to make it harder to progress and turn the game into more of a puzzle.

3-A. Some visitors are here to see a museum exhibit brought back to life. So, they are going to complain when you put a Early Cretatous Dinosaur from America in the same enclosure as a Chinese dinosaur from the late Jurassic.
    This could make the composition of each exhibit more of a challenge. Rather than just sticking all the herbivores together, you'd have to try to recreate the ecosystem that existed 200 million years ago.
    You could get a bonus to satisfaction for each 100% genome, un modified dinosaur on display. That would be the pinnacle for them: To see an actual dinosaur, genetically identical to the ones lost millions of years ago.

3-B. Some visitors came here to see the Trex. Raptors. The bigger and more deadly, the better. They want to see an apex predator, and how it takes down its prey. In all honesty, we shouldn't encourage this, but it spreads the "dinosaurs as bioweapons" philosophy, so it should be an option.
    This would encourage an expensive but entertaining option for these guests: putting a carnivore amongst herbivores.
    Of course, this will cause uproar and opposition. It could spark the debate of whether these are real creatures with rights, or if they're property to be created and destroyed at the owners whim (personally, I go with the latter). Protests, embargos, boycotting, your park will become a public relations nightmare, but could open up access to the black market and the arms market.
    (I don't condone this kind of thing, but it WOULD add a lot of potential to the game in terms of options.)

3C. People are dirty. We leave waste everywhere. Even if it's not actual litter, like cups and crisp packets, it's the dirt from our shoes. And more metaphorically, it's theft, assault, vandalism, and so on. It needs to be cleaned up regularly. Cleaners and guards could add a bit more life to the park aspect of the game. It's not just the dinosaurs that need to be regulated.

4. More space. I can see that constricting our building space was one of the ways you added challenge to the game, but it gives the massive drawback of restricting creative freedom. I'm on the 4th island, and I still feel bad about the size of the enclosures I'm forcing 3 meter long dinosaurs into. I've heard that the dinosaurs calculate their level of comfort based on a radius around them, rather than the the entirety of the enclosure. While that is a much easier model to work on, it compromises the feeling that these are living creatures. The implication is that the dinosaurs have no object permanence. Also, what kind of pillock builds a zoo on an island you can spit across?

4A. People have said that dinosaurs should have more actions they can perform, and I agree. They can communicate, wander, eat, drink, run around and have some idle animations. They don't appear to sleep, rest, try to hide from the rain or storms (an open barn-like structure for dinosaurs to take shelter in would be nice.), play or defacate. They don't investigate new dinosaurs who come into the exhibit, or interact with anything but their own kind (unless it's to kill and eat them).

A lot of the stuff I've said has been said before, but I hope I've given a good explanation why these additions/changes would be good ideas.

I love this game so far, especially the emphasis on trying to find the perfect ratio of viability to quality that comes from adjusting the DNA. There's nothing I enjoy more than watching my latest creation walk through the gates into its new world.

But the game can be better. The dinosaurs aren't the only thing that can evolve.

Remote Paths

For me it's fun to set up a sort of service area, where visitors aren't encouraged to go. Think raptor training area from Jurassic World. This might include a Hammond creation lab, ranger stations, even research and of course power station (any of the staff centric buildings) which will need to be connected together by paths. At the moment though (unless you add a visitor monorail station I think) you'll get a path disconnected message unless there's a direct path to the entrance, which obviously gives visitors direct access to all areas.

Tried to take screenshot, it might be Steam restricted to Private/Admins, not sure.

Request is to make any one of these core, staff utilities work as a base station that counts as a connection to the park entrance so the power station will operate and you can build a 'behind the scenes' area with no visitor access at all. You can then add things like back doors to enclosures, for the ranger jeep to access but avoiding the crowds and etc. A couple of JW guys with hard hats wandering about this area (generated by the remote pathing base building) would be a nice bonus so Ranger Station makes most sense to me as a base station .. so lore wise, staff gain access to this area by gas jeep. Any hotels connected here would just cost you money.

ps. If any park owners can see that image, DON'T COPY MY FENCES - connected to the edge of the buildable area - without checking dinos can't escape that way. Hope they can't obviously but still testing it out (with Tick and Tack, 300* Ceratosauruses, Ceratosauri, Cerato .. crowd killers!)

High Complexity

• Better AI dino behaviour, including herbivore herds and pack hunting and a better interaction between hunting packs of carnivores and herds of herbivores
    • Better visibility of behavioral changes based on what genetic modifications one has chosen
    • Better economic model, including guest needs and a certain degree of individualism between guests. Copy and improve upon the Plant Coaster model and scrap the current one.
    • Day and Night cycle and corresponding behavioral changes to the dinos
    • Aquatic and avian/aerial exhibits (Mosasaurus, Pterodactyl, etc)

Medium Complexity

• UI overhauls to make it faster to give orders to the Ranger and ACU teams, as well as to raise the alarm; in emergency situations, the UI is just not up to it in terms of allowing you to quickly give the necessary orders
    • Option to automate the resupply of Feeder Station, rebooting of failed equipment and curing of diseases (where money permits) - or at least make the issuing of the relevant commands faster
    • Readjustment as to what dinos can break what fence (there is just no way that a 150kg Velociraptor can break through a Heavy Steel Fence (Scale it? Possibly. But break it?)
    • Electric fences doing a better job of deterring even agitated animals from attacking it.
    • More options for guests to interact with dinos, like safari rides, boat tours, petting zoos, hot air balloon rides, underground platforms, etc (as seen in Jurassic World (the movie) and Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis) and the option of 1st person view on any attraction and taking control of the vehicle (where applicable)
    • 2 different new sandbox modes, namely one where you are free to start a park with fully running finances and a randomly generated island (with adjustable variables, like size, hills, etc) and one where you can just let the dinos roam on an open island without guests and finances and see what happens
    • Planet Coaster level of customization for everything
    • Actual staffing (Janitors, Vendors, Rangers, ACU, etc), which can also be killed by the dinos
    • Blood and gore (at least as an option)
    • Different types of enclosures (if that is the right word) to replace or reinforce fences, like deep rivers, concrete moats, shock implants, etc
    • Rescuing guests via helicopter (in one instance 2 of my raptors broke out and a bunch "fled" into the enclosure themselves, meaning I had to tranquilize every raptor so they could leave again)
    • Elevated paths to cross rivers, climb mountains and even serve as a way for visitors to peek inside the enclosures.
    • Changes to monorails, like 2-way traffic, sightseeing, and diverging tracks, so one can operate multiple lines of monorails easily
    • Themepark rides, akin to Planet Coaster. It doesn't have to be a fully fledged roller coaster, but at least something along those lines.
    • Other resort amenities, like pools, beaches, etc, where the appeal doesn't have to be centred around dinos

Low Complexity

• After releasing a dino, return the camera to the exact same angle it was prior to releasing to dino, not the angle the camera switched to in order to track the new dino
    • The option to automate the incubation and release of a new dino bred under the same specs as a recently deceased dino.
    • Smooting of path surfaces (flattening of the terrain to a certain degree) to make paths more even
    • The option to take the ACU helicopter or Ranger 4x4 and just straight up shoot (kill) a dino
    • Jeep should be able to honk its horn to shoo dinos away (or provoke them)
    • Underground cables to just instantaneous supply of energy to the island (the cables are just ugly)

Wishlist - and agreeing with the majority of my pre-authors :-D since I have played other Tycoon games as well (including one with an expansion pack with extinct species), there are a few points that I know can be done in a park simulator game ;-)

- winged dinosaurs / pterosaurs (could be challenging, I know due to space limitation, but maybe as a 'bird cage' that you can go in and watch the dinos in first person view)
    - marine/sea dinosaurs (I guess there could be the same space limitation issue as with the flying dinos, but might be feasible somehow :-))
    - decorating objects (plants, lamps, banners, statues, etc.)
    - more fun themed attractions (i.e. like the petting zoo or baby triceratops riding areas from the Jurassic World movie)
    - different hotel types/looks
    - ability to take photos independently (not with the Ranger cars), as sometimes I want to take a fantastic shot, but until I get there with the ranger, the moment is gone
    - better variety with terraforming tools (different bioms, rocks, trees, gras, savanna, desert, etc etc.)
    - more variety in guests and their movements/actions/behavior
    - Dinosaurs AI - moving in herds/packs rather than just randomly running through the enclosure, more 'socializing' behaviors

Apart from that - great game, I really enjoy playing it :-)

Things

The terrain is to small and the placement system becomes a huge problem, you run out of space too quickly due to "Terrain Constraints" when there is literally nothing but open space and no reason why anything cannot be built there. I am now permanently stuck on the third island because of this. Trying to achieve a 5 star rating, I can no longer achieve that because I have no space. If I remove Dinosaur Pens and Dinosaurs my Variety goes down it is literally impossible for me to get this without restarting the island.

DECORATIONS!!! - The game is HUGELY lacking in any form of control in terms of decorations extremely bland and nothing to make any of the parks "pop"
    WORKING TERRAIN!!! - See above ^
    BETTER PATH CONSTRUCTION!!! - Even with smoothed out Terrain the roads and paths are too jagged in places.
    MAP EDITOR!!! This right here, would be amazing. I know there are probably limitations but the islands we have are just TOO SMALL!

1) The level of maintenance over the guests needs a lot of work. Their happiness and security should play a factor in how the game progresses. As it stands now, there seems to be no way to determine rather or not they are satisfied with the experience. There are not even any penalties for their deaths.

2) The Dinosaur battles need to be more dynamic. Instead of it looking like a turn based fight, they need to be biting and swinging at the same time.

3) Gang ups should be allowed in fights when applicable. raptors hunt in packs in the series. We should be able to re-create the final fight from JP1.

4) There should be a 1st person guest mode. Allow you to walk through the park and experience it from a guest's perspective. I don't think a single JP fan hasn't wanted to experience a dinosaur park for themselves. This would mean being able to walk in and view the insides of the various buildings and viewing centers.

5) If the previous request is not made, you should atleast have building doors open when people are walking in, and for those people to be visible from the outside through windows.

6) I'd really like more space to work with on the 5 islands. Why do we only get a small chunk?

7) There should be JP1 skins for EVERYTHING. Players should be able to chose rather or not their park is a Jurassic World, or a Jurassic Park.

Other than these things, I absolutely adore this game.

Rework of comfort mechanics

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Hi folks,

Have noticed there are numerous threads regarding wishlists and what you'd like to see in the game. So without further cluttering the forums, please place all of your ideas and wish lists as a reply to this thread here. You're welcome to post to this thread as much as you'd like.

Please note that posting here does not denote your idea will be added to the game.

Hello
    The comfort sistem must be reworked.
    Is very annoying to have a large enclosure with grassland and forrest while dinos gather all in the same area overcrowding and loosing comfort because of to much population.
    Another problem is the radius sistem of the comfort. My dinos have a large enclosure with everything they need but as soon as they move away from the trees they lose comfort because of “lack of Forrest” even if I have plenty of Forrest. Same with grassland, when they go inside the Forrest, they get low grassland.

In few words:
    -eliminate radius comfort sistem and make it based on the entire enclosure for all the comfort needs( social, population, grassland, Forrest).
    Cheers

Remove time-gating

-Implement time control mechanics. I should be able to pause and speed up time. As is the game very frequently has you wait for the park to generate enough revenue to perform your next action, sometimes for 10 minutes or more. This is my main issue with this game currently.
    -Steam Workshop/Mod support
    -Original Jurassic Park styled assets
    -Park vanity items, such as benches and trash cans

Deeper rivers and ponds for swimming dinos

So that there’s an animation for Spinosaurus to swim and even attack!

Not read through every page on here, so if this has been suggested, apologies for the repeat... I'm only a couple of hours into the game, but this one jumps out at me.

Shops... rather than having to build multiple identical shops to sell different things, can we upgrade existing shops to do that? Something like add another floor for another item, or extra counters for serving different items. The more counters, the more items can be sold simultaneously.

Probably been mentioned a million times, but I'd like to see a proper day/night cycle and a mode that's similar to the sandbox on Isla Nublar, but where you have to spend money and unlock stuff, do research, etc. Bigger islands wouldn't go amiss either.

some stuff

First thing first: I REALLY love the game.

However...
    - the menu is a bit unintuitive (it took me some time to find guest count)
    - when you're managing a massive park some kind of pause button would be usefull (i tend to quickly click through expeditions and fossils without any thought because there's something constantly happening in my park at the same time)
    -after creating first dino of it species it would be usefull to have full info about it's "requirements" in it's info type (especially info about number of other dinosaurs i need to create for it to be happy)
    - in larger paddocks dinosaurs tend to acknowledge only the closest environment when it comes to the forest/grassland ratio (despite the gigantic forest on the other side of my paddock Diplodocus went on rapmage because it didn't had trees in a place when it was currently wandering)
    -If dinosaur is thirsty it sometimes prioritese destroing the fence instead of drinking water
    - it would be great to have some kind of journal about interaction between dinos (like if i can put Velociraptors with Ceratosaurus or will it be eaten)
    - if i have to release one dino every two minutes to make other ones happy (Maiasaurs were actually the greatest threat to my park) it gets annoing when camera zooms for every first dino in the queue
    -It would be great if contracts were something closer to the milestones than just random tasks from random team (why creating smal harbivore for security team makes my research team less happy?)
    -i'd really love to have some expense/income charts
    -Dinosaurs should have some indicator if they're uhappy with something (because that will make them angry in some time) instead of statuses:happy/rampaging..also.. couldn't it be that dino that has everything but i alone would be ok by its own.. like water,food,grassland,forest are all plusses with only one minus - social?
    -I tend to mess up all my plans because dino released on the paddock thinks it's somehow not meeting it's expectations.. i would like to know how much of a terrein a need for my dino instead of doing it on hit/miss basis (especially considering that it somehow doesn't notice my changes and dino's mood still goes down)
    -leveling the ground for building is really hard, you never know if the building will fit there until you spin it around and move it pixel by pixel to find this one good spot. I'd really low to know what obstructs my building area, so that i'd know which one i need to remove)
    -some stuff should happen automatically while new building is placed : terrain should level up and maybe power grid pylons should move a bit if it's possible?
    -It would be great to have somwhere to check how much electric power is used/available and to get a list of dinos in some particular paddock
    -i would also feel happy to schedule automatic feeder resupply (just as it was with maintenance checkups for park attractions in PC)
    -My dino park would really look better if i could place some kind of props : dino figures, skeletons, holograms... you know... more parkish

Ok so from my first hours of play through here are my wishes:

1: Make buildings moveable. I now run into issues where i want to upgrade my paths but I cannot because certain buildings are too close to the paths, only way of fixing this is by selling the buildings.
    2: More Road decorations: The biggest road adds decorations to the path, I would like to see more decorations being added automatically, like benches, flags, maybe some trees or other plants. I like the automatic addition of decorations but there could be more.
    3: Missions: some of the missions come too late, for example yesterday I had a mission for the security division where I needed to get Ceratosaurus to 50% genome and incubate it. Well I already had two 70% genome Ceratosauruses and I sold one of them and hatched a new one just to finish the mission.

Other then that I am enjoying the game. Graphics are great and animations are spot on. Thank you all.

Readjustment as to what dinos can break what fence (there is just no way that a 150kg Velociraptor can break through a Heavy Steel Fence (Scale it? Possibly. But break it?)
    Electric fences doing a better job of deterring even agitated animals from attacking it.
    1. Wider angles on the viewing platform. When I bought this upgrade, I thought it would give at least 90 degrees for the field of view. It appears to be closer to 60, even though the model makes it look like it's got a panoramic view. I can understand this in a balancing sense: if it was that good, why have anything else? I wouldn't mind if you bumped up the research cost (which is already pretty high) and the price to build each tower, so long as it gave a better field of view.

2. An upgrade to the ranger station/the feeding stations to allow for automatic refilling (so long as enough money is available). This is more of a quality of life idea, and not really that important.

4. More space. I can see that constricting our building space was one of the ways you added challenge to the game, but it gives the massive drawback of restricting creative freedom.
    +1 to these

Carnivore Behavior... not right

When building an "enclosure" around your guests and letting the dinosaurs have the rest of the Island (nature preserve) fix the AI for carnivores so they
    1) hunt when hungry (instead of hunting and killing every second)
    2) don't keep attacking other dino's till they themselves are killed

Also specifically for the raptors... If they are a social animal fixing the AI so they don't run away from each other to opposite sides of the map and as a result become stressed since they are alone would be very helpful. Very Very Very helpful indeed.....

Page 73 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68717273747578 ... LastLast