View Entry Info: Guardian FSD boost module insane fuel use hike? and breaks jumping when equipped

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Guardian FSD boost module insane fuel use hike? and breaks jumping when equipped

Guardian FSD boost module insane fuel use hike? and breaks jumping when equipped

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    12:41 BST

Date of occurrence
    05/04/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Anaconda

Commander Name
    Dave Weyland

Description
    The new Guardian FSD boost module states fuel use increase of 125%. I'd rather hoped on reading that the intention was +25% (ie 125% of usual cost). In practice it really is +125% reducing my Anaconda with no extra fuel tanks to only 1 full distance jump before refuelling.

Steps to Reproduce
    Fit a 5H Guardian FSD Booster to an Anaconda.

Additional files?
    Screenshot of fuel consumption for a 37ly jump with 38ly max range.

https://imgur.com/wAw9B6n

And I have to add that you can't even jump because the maximum fuel usage isn't increased, so the ship can't even do the jump, in a Python with 30ly range after the module, can't even jump 25ly because it exceeds max fuel usage.

Confirming, cannot make the boosted jump ad exceeds max fuel use : https://imgur.com/jingJpM

Slow clap Amazing. So I just spent an hour for a few Guardian tech samples for a module that handicaps my ship.

Its broken for me too.

I wonder if it was accidentally released early, or if the devs just never bothered to play test it themselves? Seems like a super easy thing to test before going live? O_o

Originally Posted by Deareim View Post (Source)
    Typical FD...
    This guy gets it

Well I'm hoping this is a typo, and it was meant to be 125% of usual fuel use, not +125%. I note that the module does not affect any stat on the FSD in outfitting (ie fuel used per jump) which will affect its usage regardless of whether fdev intended +25% or +125% as it will still fail the jump on the 'exceeds max fuel' issue. On a side note I'm told that the Guardian PD does not increase PP output as advertised, possibly for the same reason that the modules do not correctly link in the game.

EDIT : Tested the Power Distributor issue above, bug rep https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-as-advertised

As with the regular FSD, fuel use increases exponentially with range, a 125% fuel use increase for a 15...50% range increase looks like a bargain to me. Check out the difference between fastest and economical routing. Or just actually look at your fuel consumption wwhen travelling.

Apart from the problem that the other part of the bug reports seems to indicate that this isn't working at all.

I can confirm this. Even the 1H module causes my Corvette to be unable to jump.

I dont know if i should laugh or cry. So much potential this game..
    Cmon.. where is a dev to say that this is intended???

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    As with the regular FSD, fuel use increases exponentially with range, a 125% fuel use increase for a 15...50% range increase looks like a bargain to me. Check out the difference between fastest and economical routing. Or just actually look at your fuel consumption wwhen travelling.

Apart from the problem that the other part of the bug reports seems to indicate that this isn't working at all.
    This becomes a real issue for a ship like the conda. With std tank +125% use means you'll be dry in under 2 max range jumps. for an extra 10ly thats pretty poor. Fuel rats will be very overworked

The module at least can be disabled if equipped?

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    The module at least can be disabled if equipped?
    Thankfully yes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast