View Entry Info: Guardian Power Distributor does not increase PP capacity as advertised

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Guardian Power Distributor does not increase PP capacity as advertised

Guardian Power Distributor does not increase PP capacity as advertised

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    13:22 BST

Date of occurrence
    05/04/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Anaconda

Commander Name
    Dave Weyland

Description
    The new Guardian Power Distributor module states 'Also boosts overall power output of any power plant it is hooked into'. It doesn't. A relog did not change the power plant output.

Steps to Reproduce
    Note your power plant output. Buy Guardian Power Distributor (in test of same class as the one it replaced) and recheck power plant output.

Additional files?
    https://imgur.com/eUMmqtF (with normal power distributor)
    https://imgur.com/vBDdAyE (with guardian power distributor)

Also tested with 8A Guardian Power Plant, again no boost to power output.

Originally Posted by hitchhiker54 View Post (Source)
    Also tested with 8A Guardian Power Plant, again no boost to power output.
    Same here

Was planning to downgrade my power plant one class because of this new Guardian distributor, but it did not improve the power output of my power plant in the slightest.

None of this NEW Guardian tech is worth the grind needed to purchase them. NONE At all. Stupid way to implement this and the FSD booster.

None of this NEW Guardian tech is worth the grind needed to purchase them. NONE At all. Stupid way to implement this and the FSD booster.
    The shard cannon is great what are you talking about? lmao

I sense:

"Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for raising this - we are currently investigating this issue as a top priority!

Apologies for any frustration caused!

Fly safe o7"

I don't think Guardian Power Distributor would increase Power Plant output capacity. It'll just increase charge capacity in the power distributor.

Originally Posted by shuki25 View Post (Source)
    I don't think Guardian Power Distributor would increase Power Plant output capacity. It'll just increase charge capacity in the power distributor.
    So then its description should not say it does, right? That's what this report here is all about. It either should but it doesn't or shouldn't and it shouldn't say it does.

Do you see?

It's broken, please fix it.

This is quite maddening actually, shard cannons are barely worth it, FSD booster have been pulled just as i was going back from the guardian site, and distro is literally useless, even with the supposed power boost. Have anybody tested this? I can guess no, since players found all the bugs inside half an hour.

Module is broken and needs to be fixed. And maybe you'd want to at least check if it does what it's supposed to do before rolling out an update for a change

That's what happens when you don't test the module....

It seem the power plant capacity does work but there is an issue with the readings. In outfitting the readings don't change, but in the right side control panel of your ship under modules it shows the power going over 100%.

Installing a class 6 Guardian distributor on my iCutter gave me 104% power.
    Installing a class 1 Guardian distributor on my iCutter gave me 110% power.

I've not test if we actually get the extra power, only that the readings change under control panel modules.

15. This is the last staff post in this thread. #15
    Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for your reports - This is currently being looked into, I will update you as and when I can!

Fly safe o7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast