Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

Originally Posted by ErichZann View Post (Source)
    How can this be pushed into the next major update?

Seriously, how hard can it be to fix these boosters? What they do is add a fixed amount to your jumprange and increase your fuel consumption. What needs fixing then is that the "max fuel per jump" of your FSD is increased by the same percentage to avoid the error message that came up. I am really puzzled why fixing this should take more than a day?

Oh yeah and I hope the fuel consumption is also being fixed, meaning that the "+105%" of the class 1 actually means "105%" or "+5%", everything else would be plainly stupid...
    Yeah it seems like it's just a math correction in the code, what would normally be a quick fix. Frontier probably just doesn't want to bother with a 3.06 patch, to instead just hold it off for the next major update, 3.1. So any other bugs will likely be waiting until 3.1 to get fixed too.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Yeah it seems like it's just a math correction in the code, what would normally be a quick fix. Frontier probably just doesn't want to bother with a 3.06 patch, to instead just hold it off for the next major update, 3.1. So any other bugs will likely be waiting until 3.1 to get fixed too.
    Does it seem like Frontier is distracted with other things? I dunno things like a new title connected to a billion dollar franchise. Kind of seems like they are distracted to me.

Originally Posted by ejames View Post (Source)
    The extra time is most likely because they will test before releasing it this time.
    Hahahahaha.. highly unlikely. The general MO is to throw it out of the door and then revoke functionality that's broken for weeks if not months.

Originally Posted by Stasis Wolf View Post (Source)
    Does it seem like Frontier is distracted with other things? I dunno things like a new title connected to a billion dollar franchise. Kind of seems like they are distracted to me.
    Doubt it, there's different teams for different games.

This is standard Frontier. Not enough testing before pushing out new game features.

Any News? Have been sitting at station several days in Conda filled with needed material in cargo. I would not mind to just unlock modules and wait for the relese of functional module.

Its been so many days now. When will this module come back to game in a functional state? How long are we supposed to wait?

And yes, why this fix allready took more than a day?

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    Its been so many days now. When will this module come back to game in a functional state? How long are we supposed to wait?

And yes, why this fix allready took more than a day?
    Nothing before 3.1 as it was shown on some screenshots : message received from FD for those who have already unlocked the module.

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    Nothing before 3.1 as it was shown on some screenshots : message received from FD for those who have already unlocked the module.
    Which, in itself, is halfassed communication.

I didn't buy an FSD Booster although I spent a week collecting materials for it.
    How am I supposed to know that it's no-longer available, or when it might return?

Left to rely on in-game sources of information, I'm led to believe that the booster IS currently available according to the most recent communication provided.

Very poor.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Which, in itself, is halfassed communication.

I didn't buy an FSD Booster although I spent a week collecting materials for it.
    How am I supposed to know that it's no-longer available, or when it might return?

Left to rely on in-game sources of information, I'm led to believe that the booster IS currently available according to the most recent communication provided.

Very poor.
    Like you're not totally used to that Kind of communication from FD. It's so common since ever that any Kind of Information on their part and I'm like Wowowowowo TMI, TMI, TMI, I want to roam the Internet to find out!!!

/jk

Fdev, Any update on this?

Hey,
    I tried twitter, no response, do we have any idea when the hotfix for this will drop?

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Yeah it seems like it's just a math correction in the code, what would normally be a quick fix. Frontier probably just doesn't want to bother with a 3.06 patch, to instead just hold it off for the next major update, 3.1. So any other bugs will likely be waiting until 3.4 to get fixed too.
    Fixed

The latest message about incentives mentions the Engineers have a solution to the need for extra jump range! Are the Guardian FSD Boosters at last going to be released and working as intended? By this I mean not telling us jump range is exceeded by 8.8T or some other comment.

so let me get this straight, This has been off the table for over 2 months, yet they can get a ninja fix in to nerf the latest gold rush?

Originally Posted by Jason Caruso View Post (Source)
    so let me get this straight, This has been off the table for over 2 months, yet they can get a ninja fix in to nerf the latest gold rush?
    Priorities, priorities

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast