Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

Originally Posted by CMDR Uthred Ragnarson View Post (Source)
    How about getting somebody to test wether this things work before applying them to the live server? Radical idea I know but it may just prevent these kind of posts.

Or if you intend to use us as free QA then some compensation would be appreciated.
    I know, I mean this isn't the kind of thing that only shows up on rare combinations of hardware.. You'd think it could be tested prior to release.

Originally Posted by Macros Black View Post (Source)
    Human tech still seems superior wrt the PD:
    Just like GPP, it's a bad roll from 2.4. This time, it's a bad roll of G5 Charge Enhanced. Really bad. So bad that the only thing you could do back then is to press "Remove modification" and then arrange a memorial service for lost CIFs and EFCs.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We are aware that there are some issues with the Guardian FSD booster which was recently introduced to the game, and we have temporarily removed the module from being available in the game while we fully investigate and implement a fix.

In the meantime over the next few days, we will be in contact with the Commanders who have already purchased this module.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback and bug reports sent in to us and will keep everyone posted as to when this fix will be available.
    so waiting someone "contacts" me already purchased a few. Whatever this means

Think the general assumption was that Guardian tech is million of years old and thus thoroughly tested. Who'd known that mixing Guardian & Human tech would introduce bugs in this very first production batch?

Pretty sure that Ram Tah "Bugs'R'Us" will get this little inconvenience sorted very quickly.

How about getting somebody to test wether these things work before applying them to the live server? Radical idea I know but it may just prevent these kind of posts.

Or if you intend to use us as free QA then some compensation would be appreciated.
    Testing things before applying them is in the list for things to do. But guess what..

no eta's no guarantees.

Originally Posted by Allin View Post (Source)
    Just an idea Paige. Can you tell the guys at production to test their builds before release? That would come in handy especially this bug is visible AT THE FIST GLANCE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Rhymes, yo.
    Its possible that the QA guys found the bug but management pushed the build through the door anyway. This kind of situation is almost always management rather than the individual staff who always end up with the blame regardless

Originally Posted by Jaggedmallard View Post (Source)
    Its possible that the QA guys found the bug but management pushed the build through the door anyway. This kind of situation is almost always management rather than the individual staff who always end up with the blame regardless
    Except.. There is no point to add these modules this day. No point. We did not even found any new ruins. It was just.. stupid. Lazy. So, this excuse is not working here. No one pushed them. At all.

I swear Frontier is just running a long social experiment to see how many f!** ups it takes for people to leave the game.

Originally Posted by Jaggedmallard View Post (Source)
    What's the point of QA if they can't dig their heals in and say 'no this isn't good enough, I'm not approving it for release'? A very expensive rubber stamp exercise?

Not so surprising.

All guardian content need adjustments.

Could we also get rid of the OVERLY EXCESSIVE grind necessary grind of the ever-same guardian site? It adds nothing at all to the game and is hellishly boring, annoying and just rage-inducing. Two blueprints required per module/weapon are enough. Why do you want to make players hate your game fdev? Never heard someone say that SRV comabt and low-g driving is fun (EDIT: of course someone had to make that remark ). Then doing one obnoxious task in this very mode around 70 times to unlock every module is totally over the top. At least make multiple players able to scan the data core in one activation to make it faster in a wing instead of punishing players for playing together.

It was fun the first three times, but the other 27 I did for weapons alone were hell.

Please rethink your idea of content acquisition. One run is around 7-15 minutes, that's one hour alone for ONE module/gun. You'll have made us hate guardian sites before the more interesting modules are out actually.

Originally Posted by Genoscythe View Post (Source)
    Could we also get rid of the OVERLY EXCESSIVE grind necessary grind of the ever-same guardian site? It adds nothing at all to the game and is hellishly boring, annoying and just rage-inducing. Two blueprints required per module/weapon are enough. Why do you want to make players hate your game fdev? Never heard someone say that SRV comabt and low-g driving is fun. Then doing one obnoxious task in this very mode around 70 times to unlock every module is totally over the top. At least make multiple players able to scan the data core in one activation to make it faster in a wing instead of punishing players for playing together.

It was fun the first three times, but the other 27 I did for weapons alone were hell.

Please rethink your idea of content acquisition. One run is around 7-15 minutes, that's one hour alone for ONE module/gun. You'll have made us hate guardian sites before the more interesting modules are out actually.

I for one absolutely love SRV combat and low-g driving ��

But yeah, the blueprint thing... I'm just glad I had enough already

Oh dear.
    "Now, eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?"

Seems applicable.

Originally Posted by SupremeMorpheus View Post (Source)
    I for one absolutely love SRV combat and low-g driving ��

But yeah, the blueprint thing... I'm just glad I had enough already
    Before sending us out to guardian sites and give us more skimmer kill missions they should have honestly introduced proper SRV-engineering or better SRV-types. I for one find switching to 2-0-4 and shooting that dumb guardian sentinel pretty dumb and not engaging, especially if you have to do it 5-8 times per site.

How about getting somebody to test wether these things work before applying them to the live server? Radical idea I know but it may just prevent these kind of posts.
    Most developers have a mechanism for testing upgrades, I think it is called a . . . beta test. That's the correct term, isn't it? Didn't FDev already have a major "beta test" of this upgrade, open to the entire Elite Dangerous gaming community lasting several weeks, supposedly to iron out bugs just like this before the update's release to the player community? Didn't they? Huh? Huh?

Oh yeah, that's right . . . they didn't actually allow any players to test any of these major upgrade features because someone might let slip that there were upgrades to be had. Solid development strategy, I mean really . . . solid.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast