Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

Originally Posted by Junosulyn View Post (Source)
    Oh dear.
    "Now, eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?"

Seems applicable.
    Amazing. This comment is spot on!!

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    Amazing. This comment is spot on!!
    Especially since someone decided it to be a good idea to mix Dinosaur Jurassic forums with SciFi Elite forums for some reason, as demonstrated by the "New Discussions" stream.

But on topic, that was at least a pretty fast reaction with taking off the booster. Looking forward to see it reintroduced again ... but please with less grind as well.
    Nothing against a steep wall to climb, but that repetitive?

Originally Posted by Darty View Post (Source)
    Just spent 4 hours grinding to unlock this thing...
    Sucker.

Low quality bait is your profile picture... Come on Darty.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Most developers have a mechanism for testing upgrades, I think it is called a . . . beta test. That's the correct term, isn't it? Didn't FDev already have a major "beta test" of this upgrade, open to the entire Elite Dangerous gaming community lasting several weeks, supposedly to iron out bugs just like this before the update's release to the player community? Didn't they? Huh? Huh?

Oh yeah, that's right . . . they didn't actually allow any players to test any of these major upgrade features because someone might let slip that there were upgrades to be had. Solid development strategy, I mean really . . . solid.
    It's the reason I think that betas should be put behind an NDA with all content available to test, even if only a small group of players.

Oh yeah, that's right . . . they didn't actually allow any players to test any of these major upgrade features because someone might let slip that there were upgrades to be had. Solid development strategy, I mean really . . . solid.
    And then Ed let it slip in a forum post anyway.

I’d imagine fixing these bad boys has become a priority. Kind of ruined the surprise.

This will be comedy gold for many.

Flimley

Originally Posted by TiberiusMaximus View Post (Source)
    I’d imagine fixing these bad boys has become a priority. Kind of ruined the surprise.
    Sadly, at this point I'd be more surprised if they had gone live working and free of bugs. And I hate to say that.

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    Temporary removal (TM) Copyright 2018
    Fixed that for you.

Rooks o7

Originally Posted by Insane4un View Post (Source)
    GUARDIAN HYBRID POWER DISTRIBUTOR IS ALSO BROKEN

http://prntscr.com/j1eeku
    http://prntscr.com/j1ef4k
    Thank you.
    Originally Posted by Zenith View Post (Source)
    And what about the Guardian Power Distributors?
    Will they get fixed as well? Their description says that it boosts the power output of whatever power plant it is plugged into. They don't make any difference at the moment.
    Originally Posted by Darty View Post (Source)
    Just spent 4 hours grinding to unlock this thing...
    Those are features.

Rooks o7

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We are aware that there are some issues with the Guardian FSD booster which was recently introduced to the game, and we have temporarily removed the module from being available in the game while we fully investigate and implement a fix.

In the meantime over the next few days, we will be in contact with the Commanders who have already purchased this module.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback and bug reports sent in to us and will keep everyone posted as to when this fix will be available.
    I think, perhaps, you've missed an opportunity here.

Might have been better to have Ram Tah issue a message, via Galnet, acknowledging that there are currently problems with integrating Human and Guardian technology together reliably and he's working on resolving the problems.

You could then have left all the bugged modules in-game and then simply had Ram Tah send out a "software patch" for each module as and when it's possible.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We are aware that there are some issues with the Guardian FSD booster which was recently introduced to the game, and we have temporarily removed the module from being available in the game while we fully investigate and implement a fix.

In the meantime over the next few days, we will be in contact with the Commanders who have already purchased this module.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback and bug reports sent in to us and will keep everyone posted as to when this fix will be available.
    Why I'm not surprised...

Originally Posted by Insane4un View Post (Source)
    GUARDIAN HYBRID POWER DISTRIBUTOR IS ALSO BROKEN

http://prntscr.com/j1eeku
    http://prntscr.com/j1ef4k
    Thank you.
    I'm not surprised with this eighter...

I will be surprised when something in this game will work without fixes.

Most developers have a mechanism for testing upgrades, I think it is called a . . . beta test. That's the correct term, isn't it? Didn't FDev already have a major "beta test" of this upgrade, open to the entire Elite Dangerous gaming community lasting several weeks, supposedly to iron out bugs just like this before the update's release to the player community? Didn't they? Huh? Huh?

And then when they announced that they were fixing a bug with prices, they listed all of the upgrades that weren't in the beta, thereby letting it slip that there were upgrades to be had.

I can't figure out whether to be angry, sad, or laughing my asp off at this level of incompetence. If fdev were sailors they truly would be wonks.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    I think, perhaps, you've missed an opportunity here.

Might have been better to have Ram Tah issue a message, via Galnet, acknowledging that there are currently problems with integrating Human and Guardian technology together reliably and he's working on resolving the problems.

You could then have left all the bugged modules in-game and then simply had Ram Tah send out a "software patch" for each module as and when it's possible.
    I actually like this idea. I feel like Frontier doesn't use GalNet anywhere near to it's full potential, or even a part of it's potential.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast