Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    Just like GPP, it's a bad roll from 2.4. This time, it's a bad roll of G5 Charge Enhanced. Really bad. So bad that the only thing you could do back then is to press "Remove modification" and then arrange a memorial service for lost CIFs and EFCs.
    It is a good alternative if you don't want to bother with flying all over the place to engineer your ship. Still, I think the guardian modules need a buff in some fashion. They don't need to equal human power plants in some ways but they should be superior in other ways.

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    It is a good alternative if you don't want to bother with engineers though.
    "Bothering with engineers" (which is not bothering at all in 3.0) will give you a distributor which is way better than this Guardian junk.

Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    "Bothering with engineers" (which is not bothering at all in 3.0) will give you a distributor which is way better than this Guardian junk.
    Yeah, I haven't looked at the stats of the guardian distributor yet compared to my grade 5 recharge A-rated distributor. From what I've compared to the power plants though, the guardian power plant is just about equal to the regular power plant with grade 5 overcharged without an experimental effect. So it's not too bad on power plants at least.

Still, I think the guardian modules should be equal to the human equivalents in stats with all the work you put into unlocking these modules and the cost in credits.

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I haven't looked at the stats of the guardian distributor yet compared to my grade 5 recharge A-rated distributor. From what I've compared to the power plants though, the guardian power plant is just about equal to the regular power plant with grade 5 overcharged without an experimental effect. So it's not too bad on power plants at least.

Still, I think the guardian modules should be equal to the human equivalents in stats with all the work you put into unlocking these modules and the cost in credits.
    There are two pics with GPD stats in this thread - for G4 and G8. The only stat that is comparable to G4\G5 charge enhanced PD is recharge rate. Everything else - capacity, power draw, weight, cost - is significantly worse.

As for powerplant - for example, G4(!) overcharged 8A PP gives you 47.88 MW and -20%\-8% heat efficiency (without\with Thermal Spread experimental). Class 8 GPP gives you 47.5 MW and -25% heat efficiency. Of course, overcharged PP has less integrity - but if you need integrity, you should do armored mod (G5 of which gives you 40 MW, +12% efficiency and lots of integrity - and it weighs just 3 tons more than GPP).
    And don't forget that GPP costs more than corresponding A-class "human" PP, which means it's a bad idea to install it on PVP or PVT ship (due to increased rebuy cost).

So no, it's not equal.

Originally Posted by Darty View Post (Source)
    Just spent 4 hours grinding to unlock this thing...

Originally Posted by Pawel Sebastian View Post (Source)
    Why I'm not surprised...
    Nothing to do with the quote, but I noticed your avatar. It appears that "Sebstians" think alike.

Here is hoping we get the materials and commodities we spent buying this untested item back in our accounts. Once the item is available AND TESTED then we don't have to re-grind the materials again.

I just hope so.

Originally Posted by shadowwar View Post (Source)
    Here is hoping we get the materials and commodities we spent buying this untested item back in our accounts. Once the item is available AND TESTED then we don't have to re-grind the materials again.

I just hope so.
    See, this is why it would have been much simpler to let Ram Tah sort it out.

FDev could've just let people keep their dodgy modules, wouldn't have had the hassle of reimbursing players with mat's, and it could all have been dealt with "in-universe" without ruining people's immersion.

Galnet is a resource for communicating with players. Use it FDev!

Originally Posted by shadowwar View Post (Source)

I just hope so.
    That or when it's available again, it'll already be unlocked for you.

@CMDR Urazz, fully agree with you Commander. +1 rep!

Originally Posted by Dbrn47 View Post (Source)
    Sucker.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kZ0-zNwnX...nny-spider.jpg

Low quality bait is your profile picture... Come on Darty.
    I know, what a fool I was for thinking fdev gave a sh᠎it about not wasting my time.

Then again, I must not care too much about that either, considering I play this game.

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We are aware that there are some issues with the Guardian FSD booster which was recently introduced to the game, and we have temporarily removed the module from being available in the game while we fully investigate and implement a fix.

In the meantime over the next few days, we will be in contact with the Commanders who have already purchased this module.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback and bug reports sent in to us and will keep everyone posted as to when this fix will be available.
    Yeah, add me to that list... I'm quite disappointed that you are just outright removing it temporarily as I bought a few of them and have been working them into my builds. Why not just put out an in-lore advisory recommending you to shut off the module?

Furthermore, isn't this the exact reason you should have in-house test builds with a few people from the office actually playing the builds?

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    I think, perhaps, you've missed an opportunity here.

Might have been better to have Ram Tah issue a message, via Galnet, acknowledging that there are currently problems with integrating Human and Guardian technology together reliably and he's working on resolving the problems.

You could then have left all the bugged modules in-game and then simply had Ram Tah send out a "software patch" for each module as and when it's possible.
    Remember back when a lot of people lost their exploration data due to a problematic upgrade of Frontier's database server for exploration? Back in those days Frontier allowed us players to submit news for publication to Galnet. I got this little gem published:

https://community.elitedangerous.com...57badd5a202698

Emperor's Dawn Connected to Universal Cartographics Security Breach

12 OCT 3301

Exploration activity has been brought to a near standstill after a data-encrypting firmware bug threatened to compromise recently acquired astronomical data. A spokesperson for Universal Cartographics released the following statement:

"Commanders started noting discrepancies between the exploration records stored in their ship systems and their own personal records. When we investigated, we found that one of our contractors has purposely altered a recent firmware update that was applied to all discovery and surface scanners. We also found that the contractor had a connection to Emperor's Dawn. An arrest warrant has been issued, and our staff worked through the weekend to recover the encrypted data and replace the compromised firmware."

It has been speculated that the sabotage was designed to hamstring the IISS's efforts to locate Emperor's Dawn bases using exploration data.

Commander Fionn Mac Cumhaill

Reading these threads now is starting to look a lot like this.

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Remember back when a lot of people lost their exploration data due to a problematic upgrade of Frontier's database server for exploration? Back in those days Frontier allowed us players to submit news for publication to Galnet. I got this little gem published:

https://community.elitedangerous.com...57badd5a202698

Emperor's Dawn Connected to Universal Cartographics Security Breach

12 OCT 3301

Exploration activity has been brought to a near standstill after a data-encrypting firmware bug threatened to compromise recently acquired astronomical data. A spokesperson for Universal Cartographics released the following statement:

"Commanders started noting discrepancies between the exploration records stored in their ship systems and their own personal records. When we investigated, we found that one of our contractors has purposely altered a recent firmware update that was applied to all discovery and surface scanners. We also found that the contractor had a connection to Emperor's Dawn. An arrest warrant has been issued, and our staff worked through the weekend to recover the encrypted data and replace the compromised firmware."

It has been speculated that the sabotage was designed to hamstring the IISS's efforts to locate Emperor's Dawn bases using exploration data.

Commander Fionn Mac Cumhaill
    Is it just me to think Galnet had more life back then?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast