Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

Originally Posted by Storm Valkyrie View Post (Source)
    Is it just me to think Galnet had more life back then?
    It isn't just you. I remember spending hours sifting through Galnet connecting the threads between Sirius Corporation and Core Dynamics and how they connected with Emperor's Dawn, Hengist's assassination and the disappearance of President Hudson (not to mention the murder of VP Smeaton, etc.) All those threads seem to have been left dangling ...

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    Reading these threads now is starting to look a lot lik this.
    This one in particular:

Put me on the list too

Unlocked the module yesterday and bought three size 5, and one of each size 4 and 3 yesterday.

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    It isn't just you. I remember spending hours sifting through Galnet connecting the threads between Sirius Corporation and Core Dynamics and how they connected with Emperor's Dawn, Hengist's assassination and the disappearance of President Hudson (not to mention the murder of VP Smeaton, etc.) All those threads seem to have been left dangling ...
    Yeah, people were exploiting the story. It will be re-added in a future update soon(TM).

Unfortunately, the good old plotlines succumbed to Awesome (C) and Amazing (TM) Thargoid plot train. All aboard!

Originally Posted by Zenith View Post (Source)
    And what about the Guardian Power Distributors?
    Will they get fixed as well? Their description says that it boosts the power output of whatever power plant it is plugged into. They don't make any difference at the moment.
    Who cares? It's pointless anyway... it's not like anyone is having power issues, is it? Also guardian PDs suck, so nobody is going to use them anyway. Would be much more useful the other way around... a guardian power plant increasing the recharge rate of a G5 PD would be interesting.

These sort of things is why the Beta server should never be closed and all new additions and fixes should go there first, this not only would stop fdev look like they are doing a EA and pushing broken patches out but also would mean any major issues are found first.

Originally Posted by EdzUp View Post (Source)
    These sort of things is why the Beta server should never be closed and all new additions and fixes should go there first, this not only would stop fdev look like they are doing a EA and pushing broken patches out but also would mean any major issues are found first.
    They test in production ... which means the live game is really just a beta, doesn't it?

Honestly ... the problem Frontier has is wanting to keep their cards hidden. If they test everything during beta then you don't get to spring surprises on the players. Its a catch 22 situation. Its like the Formidine Rift settlements. They turned them on server side, led the players to the right places to find them via a Community Goal and ... crash to desktop. They forgot to stick the game assets in the client update. I literally left my ship parked for a month on a planet surface waiting for Frontier to push out the game asset. I'm sure that the game client that Frontier used to test that little update had all the right assets. Too bad the one that we players were using didn't.

Originally Posted by Storm Valkyrie View Post (Source)
    Is it just me to think Galnet had more life back then?
    Makes me wonder about the point of Galnet audio. 1) should have been there since day 1. 2) It's available when GalNet is basically deserted. I had time to forget that GalNet audio exists!

Maybe you could play your game also...example : shard cannon turret being active only at 500 m of the thargoid ship.... have you ever played against thargoids without god mod ?

They test in production ... which means the live game is really just a beta, doesn't it?

Honestly ... the problem Frontier has is wanting to keep their cards hidden. If they test everything during beta then you don't get to spring surprises on the players. Its a catch 22 situation. Its like the Formidine Rift settlements. They turned them on server side, led the players to the right places to find them via a Community Goal and ... crash to desktop. They forgot to stick the game assets in the client update. I literally left my ship parked for a month on a planet surface waiting for Frontier to push out the game asset. I'm sure that the game client that Frontier used to test that little update had all the right assets. Too bad the one that we players were using didn't.
    I would get a few players together smack a NDA on em and let em test the new stuff, there I times when programmers don't make good gamers playing their own games as we tend to play it how it's meant to be played. Gamers tend to try things or just simply play different and it'd here where the bugs can be found.

Originally Posted by EdzUp View Post (Source)
    I would get a few players together smack a NDA on em and let em test the new stuff, there I times when programmers don't make good gamers playing their own games as we tend to play it how it's meant to be played. Gamers tend to try things or just simply play different and it'd here where the bugs can be found.
    I would gladly take on a job as a full-time play tester for Elite: Dangerous. Match my current salary and I'll start immediately.

This is one of those times when you just hate the game, lets put this in the game... players will love it, grind grind grind, oops we forgot to test it and think through how it will work, but lets make it so it's really unusable for anything and it won't matter.
    good job FD.

Originally Posted by Macros Black View Post (Source)
    Human tech still seems superior wrt the PD:
    I can honestly say there is absolutely no advantage to any of the guardian stuff what so ever.

Ill visit the sites, I'll kill thargoids and get involved with the narrative. But honestly... There is no need for guardian powerplants, distributors or weapons.

They are literally trash for end game level players.

Just a cheap step for new players willing to grind rather than pay top price for large a rated modules.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast