Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 158

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Temporary removal of Guardian FSD Booster

  1. #121
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    So GalNet just posted an article today stating that the FSD boosters are available again?
    Have they been fixed already and reinstated? Or does Frontier just not know what they are doing?
    The galnet article went live yesterday around 14:00 UTC. You guys are pretty quick with accusations.

  2. #122
    Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Also, it would be great to have a Guardian blueprint source for which I don't have to do the same stuff 20 times with flying away and relogging in-between. This I consider a chore, and that's coming from someone who actually liked the Engineers in their previous, original iteration.
    From a practical perspective, you don't need to fly away. Just get your SRV somewhere safe (don't bother shooting any of the last sentinel spawn), exit to menu & start again.

    But, yeah, having to do exactly the same thing even twice is a design fail.

    Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Can we please swap Sandro with Michael Brookes?
    To be fair, there have been some pretty horrible release messes ever since ED went live and the recent SNAFUs aren't as bad as classics like the "stop exploring" fiasco...

  3. #123
    Originally Posted by Allitnil View Post (Source)
    To be fair, there have been some pretty horrible release messes ever since ED went live and the recent SNAFUs aren't as bad as classics like the "stop exploring" fiasco...
    Ohhh, what's that about?

  4. #124
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Ohhh, what's that about?
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189800

  5. #125
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    The in game messages from Frontier stated the modules will be returning for the 3.1 update, which is the Beyond Q2 update, so most likely sometime near the end of June.

    In other words, you've got a while to wait Ziljan.
    Whaaa!?? Didn't the message also say that the people that bought it already get to keep it until then??

    Seems more than a little unfair that it was released and gone while I was sleeping...

  6. #126
    Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Whaaa!?? Didn't the message also say that the people that bought it already get to keep it until then??

    Seems more than a little unfair that it was released and gone while I was sleeping...
    You can have mine if you like. The bugs make it useless (it reduces my jump range ).

  7. #127
    Originally Posted by Allitnil View Post (Source)
    From a practical perspective, you don't need to fly away. Just get your SRV somewhere safe (don't bother shooting any of the last sentinel spawn), exit to menu & start again.

    But, yeah, having to do exactly the same thing even twice is a design fail.


    To be fair, there have been some pretty horrible release messes ever since ED went live and the recent SNAFUs aren't as bad as classics like the "stop exploring" fiasco...
    I can be classified as a low-tier hardcore Elite player - that is to say I play often, but I take a bit casual approach to the games mechanics. To me the progress was gradual and easy to follow - yes, sometimes with hiccups, still I was/am happy with the direction in general.
    Recent changes to the Engineers and the rest of layers in ship upgrade however are so bad that I lost the will to actually get familiar with it. It is unnecessarily complex and feels arbitrary - and this Guardian issue (the way it is executed) is only the cherry on top.

    The good thing is that I'm happy with the planetary update.

  8. #128
    Originally Posted by Allitnil View Post (Source)
    You can have mine if you like. The bugs make it useless (it reduces my jump range ).
    I really just want the buggy one to do some hardcore testing with it. Buggier the better. That's oddly my favorite thing to do in video games, just look at broken things and break them more.
    My favorite one in Elite was activating my turrets inside the outfitter and raking up a bounty. Good times.

  9. #129
    Originally Posted by Kekkonshiki View Post (Source)
    Oh how I wish I'd read this thread before setting off for Guardian space. I've just spent ages trying to figure out why, even though I have just returned with all the mats required, I couldn't find any Broker offering to swap my mats for a Guardian FSD unlock!

    I did, however, manage to find someone to trade my mats for a Guardian Hybrid PD unlock. Imagine my surprise when comparing the performance against my Legacy G5 PD. As noted a few times earlier in this thread the GHPD appears to not be working as it should do either. Will this also be addressed?

    https://s31.postimg.org/rwxe85qd7/Sc...7_02.38.09.png
    Obsolete new content...
    Guardian and almost every module that tech broker sells: All obsolete and useless.
    The excuses that white knights uses: "This modules are for lazy people that don't want to enginner stuff" - Man, enginnering i'ts WAY more fast and easy than unlock those obsolete new stuff.

  10. #130
    Originally Posted by jonesskill View Post (Source)
    Obsolete new content...
    Guardian and almost every module that tech broker sells: All obsolete and useless.
    The excuses that white knights uses: "This modules are for lazy people that don't want to enginner stuff" - Man, enginnering i'ts WAY more fast and easy than unlock those obsolete new stuff.
    Let's keep it fair, not all the tech broker modules are useless. All the guardian weapons outclass the AX weapons we grinded CGs for against thargoids. Corrosion resistant cargo racks are the dream of all UA bombers and people who want to enter the thargoid structures. Shock cannons add quite some damage potential to smaller ships, and last not least the gankers are having a hell of a good time currently blowing big shield tanks out of the sky with flechette launchers on small ships.

  11. #131
    Originally Posted by Cmdr. Numa View Post (Source)
    Let's keep it fair, not all the tech broker modules are useless. All the guardian weapons outclass the AX weapons we grinded CGs for against thargoids. Corrosion resistant cargo racks are the dream of all UA bombers and people who want to enter the thargoid structures. Shock cannons add quite some damage potential to smaller ships, and last not least the gankers are having a hell of a good time currently blowing big shield tanks out of the sky with flechette launchers on small ships.
    For that reason i say "and almost every module"

    Cargo Racks = Okay. (A really improve)
    Shock Cannon = Garbage with low ammo spam. - Enforcer can be enguinnered and are WAY better.
    Flechette launchers = Funny YES, Usefull No, unless you are in a wing with 4 people trying to hunt down 1 target.

    Guardian Weapons = They are no described like ONLY THARG hunt weapons but at the moment i'ts the only reason to use it.

    All the rest, garbage until now 07/04/2018 20:17 PM.

    And please man, Small ships don't need to be buffed in every update.

    Every module/weapon have their classes undesized only to increase small ship performance in detriment of bigger ships.
    like the FSD booster: Limited to size 5.
    MRP's, HRP`s ... all capped at size 5.
    Like all the tech broker weapons(and Including railgun): Limited to size 2.

  12. #132
    Well, thank the complainers that are constantly saying big ships are too invincible. People actually flying big ships know a little better and know their weak spots. And yes, it's getting constantly worse. Engineered reactive armor and at least 1-2 small MRPs are now a must have on every ship, including freigthers. At least 2 PD are worth consideration at a cost of shield strength too.

  13. #133
    Any news on when the Guardian FSD Booster will be returning?

  14. #134
    How can this be pushed into the next major update?

    Seriously, how hard can it be to fix these boosters? What they do is add a fixed amount to your jumprange and increase your fuel consumption. What needs fixing then is that the "max fuel per jump" of your FSD is increased by the same percentage to avoid the error message that came up. I am really puzzled why fixing this should take more than a day?

    Oh yeah and I hope the fuel consumption is also being fixed, meaning that the "+105%" of the class 1 actually means "105%" or "+5%", everything else would be plainly stupid...

  15. #135
    Originally Posted by ErichZann View Post (Source)
    I am really puzzled why fixing this should take more than a day?
    The extra time is most likely because they will test before releasing it this time.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast