Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Clarification on Pollux Listening Post

Originally Posted by Leo Sagan View Post (Source)
    With all due respect to you, Paul Verlaine doesn't belong to *anyone* and his poetry reaches far beyond your historical event of choice. The man never heard about WWII.

And Tony Pox family probably had good reasons to pick this poem, probably much more important than a video game.

Non, parce que l'impérialime culturel anglo-saxon, ça va cinq minutes hein !
    Oh if his family picked the message I would totally understand. I was under the impression that frontier chose what to put in the beacon.

you have to be a real piece of work to use a dead commander's memorial as a soapbox to preach at fdev

just accept that you wasted your time and move on.

Originally Posted by CookieJarviz View Post (Source)
    Haha canonn overhyped it to the **** saying they have "Leads" on what happens on the 20th because of the message. Man thats funny. anyways RIP To Tony
    Is it really Canonn's fault when FDev is so big on laying out trails of breadcrumbs? Look at the hoops needed to jump through for the Eagle Eye stations. The hidden messages in sub-frequencies of audio streams. The hidden PICTURES in audio messages. You need three monitors, a Master's degree, a good hunting dog, and a ouija board to suss out any kind of clues. Seems kind of disingenuous to call them out when this matches 50% of Frontier's usual methodology. ... Just happens to be that lack of communication and the right hand not knowing what the left is doing matches the other 50%.

Tony Pox - 1, Canon - 0. GG, Well played good sir!

I have shown my gratitude by visiting!!!

Originally Posted by Paige Harvey View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders,

We've seen some speculation that the listening post (D568) in Pollux is leading towards an in-game event/has a bug. This is not the case, as Listening Post D568 and its message have been placed in-game as a memorial for CMDR Tony Pox who sadly passed last year.

For everyone who has been or is considering going to Pollux, I'm sure CMDR Tony Pox would have been pleased to see so much interest in the system and how CMDR's worked together.

o7.
    Personally I had no clue as to who Tony Pox was in fact, but i have went and checked the post myself out of curiosity and found the trip worth it, RIP Tony Pox
    You will be remembered out here in the void...

Good afternoon to all CMDRs,
    I would like to personally thank all of you who visited my listening post.
    Well, mine as in... my father's.

My father, whose real name obviously wasn't Tony Pox, passed away last Semptember 2017 after a very short but intense fight with Cancer.
    To avoid unnecessary details I'd like to just explain why I wanted him to be remembered- in game.

Mostly, as many can imagine, is a matter of connection and closure.
    He never knew I would have done this- we rarely spoke in his last stretch.

He used to dream a space game in the shape of Elite Dangerous for a very long time.

Elite presented some challenges for him, not last the fact that he couldn't speak english but only French or Italian.

I only was with him the very few days of gaming in Elite, enough to teach him what he needed...

I can only say that he must have had fun as the playtime counter and what Frontier support could share with me paint a very clear image of his CMDR.

The odd choice of the message and placement of his Listening post is something I mulled over for the longest time, finally settling it for something that while apparently displeased someone it holds such a deep meaning to me and his memory that I can't think of anything else.

There's so much I could add to this but as with many other things- probably best is to leave everything shrouded in its own tiny little mistery.

Again, thank you all and sorry for the little trouble, I really didn't know the story arc would have expanded that way.

Oh'Seven CMDRS and safe Witchspace forever...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12