Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1641

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: If someone from Fdev streams themselves unlocking all the Guardian tech. I will eat my eye patch.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Forgive me mate, but it is no different to virtually every other gameplay out there. You fill up a bar, rucksack, your money pouch whatever. The gameplay is the virtually the same. You press a button and get a result from it that fills a container to take from A to B.

That is all that games are at the moment. Your description is meaningless.

What is wrong with more ships. There is plenty of gameplay, you just don't like it, which is fine. There are plenty of other games out there which you may do, but I doubt it as you seem to not like the basic gameplay that is in all modern games.
    Yes but what you don't realise is that in my description above, that's literally the "fun stuff" about it. Any other game "fun stuff" goes into way more detail - if I go into moer detail with ED it gets more tedious

Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    100+ pages...

Anyone wants to say something about the devs marvelous communication with its playerbase? Please say something. I am so busy still reading their responces.

They have to read the thread 25 times through before they can respond

102 pages and only a response from Brett C, who said he was going to “pass” the information up, but no response at all from the lead game designer... What is the point of paying “community managers” if they don’t manage or respond to their respective communities? Where is the response from Ed Lewis? This is obviously an important topic to the play base if it’s reached 100+ pages.

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    Yes but what you don't realise is that in my description above, that's literally the "fun stuff" about it. Any other game "fun stuff" goes into way more detail - if I go into moer detail with ED it gets more tedious
    Thats just your opinion thankfully.

Thats just your opinion thankfully.
    What else do u do that's more fun then with passenger missions?

Even if they don’t do the stream (you can understand why they wouldn’t - the sheer mundanity of it) it would be nice to hear FD’s explanation of how they thought this was fun and particularly in light of the ‘we don’t want to waste our players’ time’ comment. Two things which seem diametrically opposed.

So, what’s the story? Cheap n nasty game-design?

Originally Posted by Enderby View Post (Source)
    So, what’s the story? Cheap n nasty game-design?
    We have ourselves a winner!!!

There is another thread I'm invovled in just now where we are voicing similar dissatisfaction with the game design surrounding thargoids.

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    What else do u do that's more fun then with passenger missions?
    What the filling up space in a box. I use them to see some of the amazing sights that are dotted around the bubble. They are called tourist destinations. And they make me some cash as well. As well as picking up rare materials from surface tourist locations and manipulate the BGS for my desired goal.

The smuggling ones are pretty good fun too.

What the filling up space in a box. I use them to see some of the amazing sights that are dotted around the bubble. They are called tourist destinations. And they make me some cash as well.

The smuggling ones are pretty good fun too.
    OK so you use passenger missions to see other spots that u can see fine without them. See, I told you there was nothing to passenger missions and you just confirmed it. Seeing nice spots is secondary to the actual mission and u can do that anytime you want - you don't need passengers.

What's the smuggling ones - you're not selling it, Max!

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1524
    Hello folks,

Wanted to wade in here and say thank you for all of the feedback.

We sent it to the team and have been informed that they are working on rebalancing things to alleviate the amount of time required to unlock Guardian tech. We will let you know soon as we have more information to share about that!

Thanks again everyone!

Excellent, thanks (could ya ask ‘em to make it more fun as well please).

Originally Posted by Jayridium View Post (Source)
    I am not the issue, the gamplay design of the guardians unlock sucks, its rude to infer its my fault just because I've got a lot of accomplishments in the game. The reason I have those is that I've got a lot of hours logged in the game rather than min-max-grinding the game. My Empire rank was the result of genuinely pushing the Empires interests in the BGS, the fed one was done in a weekend's donation grinding at 17 draconis with a chequebook to rear admiral, then the last two were done outside the bubble somewhere in about a week of running about in my imperial courier - I know I deliberately done it in an imperial ship to show my true colours in an ironic gesture of defiance to the feds. The Elite Trade rank came about as I raised the credits to equip the big ships I now had the ranks for but not the credits for. Completing the set with Exploration was something I had to tackle head on, so when 2.3 initially released I did a lot of long range passenger missions, I've covered 475,000LY now, visited a lot of the tourist beacons far far out and seen some stunning sights en-route to that third elite.

I gather a lot of people got their elite exploration while remaining in the bubble during that awful time when the entirety of passenger mission payout was counting as exploration data value. Even now with exploration data values being hiked up but the thresholds of the exploration ranks not being any higher, the rank now is a lot easier gotten than it was then, cheapened you might say.

Coming back to your point, I've gotten those ranks via a multitude of different playstyles, able to dip in and out of those as I pick and choose, even the more exclusive modes. When I needed a brake from jumping about the galaxy onwards to shiny pretty sights, I could hand in a batch of missions and goof about the bubble playing BGS, running missions, fighting conflict zones, trading, what ever. The guardian stuff is either a case of tackle it head on while you are out there, or waste multiple hours jonking through the nomans land in the middle between the guardian ruins and our bubble, and each time you get back to the guardian ruins it will be the same data terminals awaiting you to scan it another three dozen times, whether they be all done this visit or in multiple visits. Given the demands on my time where I can often steal an hour for gaming here or there, but sometimes go weeks without time to log in, it stuck me as better use of my time to stay at the guardians bit until I had everything I needed. Indeed it took me about three nearly four weeks of such sessions here or there to gather all the materials, much less grindy than your alleged 5 hour speed run.
    I'm not trying to be rude I'm trying to find out why this particular repetitive activity is a problem. My overall approach to the game is similar to yours, except I've only the one elite rating and no empire rank at all. One of the reasons I think I'm enjoying the guardian stuff is precisely because it's different to what I've doing in game for four years, hence the third expedition upcoming.

It doesn't take hours to get out there, in my explorer ship 56ly range it's only a 25 minute run from the wrong end of the bubble. There are no pirates out there, aside from players probably "protecting the ruins" if you are into open so you don't need a warship with limited jump capability. You can get out there and grab one unlock in an hour, doing it the non reclogging way. Three more hours like that and you have the plasma chargers ready to unlock back in the bubble 25 minutes away, that isn't a herculean effort.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Reloggings not necessary, you can do it if you like though.

These are the confirmed numbers for min-maxing :

25 minutes to the region (about 1000 ly)
    5 minutes in SC to planet
    5 minutes aerial survey to learn pylon locations
    15 minutes change of location wep/mod structures
    10 minutes per data run (this is over the top 6-8 is closer) 22 times 220 minutes total
    25 minutes return

295 minutes a little less than 5 hours for the lot.

That's if you relog, otherwise it's two or three blueprints an hour. So a couple of hours for a weapon is accurate (and fine that's how I did it).
    These are not confirmed. You have not confirmed anything. You can if you wanted to. But you have chosen not to. And because of that these cannot be considered confirmed.

Originally Posted by Punished Mobius View Post (Source)
    These are not confirmed. You have not confirmed anything. You can if you wanted to. But you have chosen not to. And because of that these cannot be considered confirmed.
    You can't have my logs the answer is no, stop asking.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    You can't have my logs the answer is no, stop asking.

How does it feel to put so much effort into this thread only to be utterly wrong?

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    We will let you know soon as we have more information to share about that!
    Does this mean there will be a stream soon?

Look man, at this point I just want two things: you guys streaming Guardian content and the OP eating his eye patch.

The eating of the eye patch has been hyped for 100 pages now, you can't just come here and say there will be no eating of the eye patch. That ship has sailed long ago, like... around page 20 or so.