Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Gankers and countermeasures

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    This is why I fight the interdiction, and will spam the comms after the interdiction. They'll know I'll not high wake, and they'll know I'm not in the middle of a 15 sec timer.

Not that it makes a lick of difference, but hell, at least I'm trying
    Dont fight the intrediction because when a player is intredicting you they have the advantage in the mini game and most probably you will loose with a failed FSD which means the rebuy screen. Submit and high wake.

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    What's your CMDR name?
    Well that is for me to know and you to find out, but you cant miss me when you see me

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    Dont fight the intrediction because when a player is intredicting you they have the advantage in the mini game and most probably you will loose with a failed FSD which means the rebuy screen. Submit and high wake.
    I know that. But I want the interaction. I don't want to flee, I wanna see what the other CMDRs game is. I am social like that.

If I submit, the attacker will expect me to high wake as soon as I can. I want the attacker as relaxed as possible.

Originally Posted by ThePunisher View Post (Source)
    Well that is for me to know and you to find out, but you cant miss me when you see me
    Iíll take this to mean youíve never been to San Tu.

Originally Posted by ThePunisher View Post (Source)
    Ah, I see. Which is funny because it sounds like you're the griefer to me, as the rules of the PvP community in the Hub are arranged duels and wing combat only. If anyone associated with the Hub interdicted you it was because your a known griefer and rule breaker. Or a known clogger, that would do it, too.

Going to the rebuy screen isn't quitting the game now is it?
    And here I thought this thread was about menu logging, and how wrong the OP is for recommending it to anyone.

It's worthy of interdiction, but not worthy of a chat.

I'm expecting: you killed my father, prepare to die!
    I was created in a lab.

Originally Posted by Zaphod Hawke View Post (Source)
    I was created in a lab.
    Laboratory or labrador?

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Laboratory or labrador?
    They never did tell me.

And here I thought this thread was about menu logging, and how wrong the OP is for recommending it to anyone.
    Uhm ... sure thing Zee.

That cookie should have crumbled.

I was created in a lab.
    You dropped my petridish! Prepare to die!

They never did tell me.
    That's mean. Little Zap must have had so many questions.

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    They might not need it, but I need it. Ok, in a game like Overwatch, then we are all there for the same thing, pure pew-pew, and no point in roleplay.

In ED though, there is a wider game, a slower pace, and so much more scope for roleplay. If i'm playing ED for the player interactions, i want interactions, not just pew-pew. If someone wants me out of their territory, i want announcements, warning shots, etc. If someone is a pirate i want a ho ho ho and a bottle of rum announcement. The game itself won't provide these announcements, they have to come from the player.

Otherwise the players might as well just be mute murder crazed NPCs with top notch AI and OP ships. If i wanted that, i could petition FD to add such to the game, except it wouldn't add to the gameplay experience for me, and likewise, mute murder hobo players don't add to the gameplay experience for me either.

So, ok, players don't need to RP? Fine, i don't need to play with them either
    You see AA, I used to share a similar sentiment; maybe because I started playing Elite in VR from the get-go, but I REALLY wanted to feel immersed as much as possible and loathed anything that broke suspension of disbelief. And nothing breaks suspension of disbelief like fourth-wall-breaking players who act as gamey gaming baddies, often with a, how to put it, "youthful" antagonistic attitude.

Not that I mind danger in itself, but I used to particularly care about this danger making sense _in context_ and not having the game's atmosphere contaminated by the pack mentality and gang-like culture that often shows in online games.
    Alas, we can put those dreams to rest - it just isn't happening in Elite, with the designers themselves distancing from our uncompromising approach.

Besides, there have been important changes that alleviate the problem significantly: from the first iteration of C&P, which makes ganking newbies less economically sustainable, to the Block feature, to the PvP Hub that gives dedicated PvPers an incentive to engage with like-minded individuals rather than hunting PvE players. And having recently been able to access it, I can only commend the incredible work done with it - FDev owes to Bazinga & co. for doing a stellar job at fixing their game.

I think it's safe to say that today there are plenty of ways to enjoy the game the way we want, and that we should embrace it for what it is rather than stubbornly projecting our own vision of what we think it should be.

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post (Source)
    Who's John Galt?
    Some person in some godawful book written by a horrible person.

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post (Source)
    Who's John Galt?
    The man who believed that A was A, from a story written by a timeless visionary destined to be mischaracterized by millions of people who formulate their opinions of her based on wickipedia entries.

The author's view points are far more inflammatory than the current topic

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    The man who believed that A was A, from a story written by a timeless visionary destined to be mischaracterized by millions of people who formulate their opinions of her based on wickipedia entries.

The author's view points are far more inflammatory than the current topic
    My brain hurts