Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rind Gold Electronics Org Appeals for Resources (Mining)

Rind Gold Electronics Org Appeals for Resources (Mining)

SummaryCOMPLETE

System: Rind
    Station: Wegner Market
    (Orbis Starport, large pads available, 85.44 Ls from main star, 117.22 Ly from Sol)
    Objective: Deliver mined Palladium, Osmium and Silver
    Time limit: 19th April 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

The Empire has announced an initiative to bolster the superpower’s military strength. The initiative centres on a new training programme designed to create the next generation of starship pilots.

A spokesperson for the Rind Gold Electronics Org, which is overseeing the initiative, released the following statement:
    Over the past six months, a research group based in Achenar has developed a state-of-the-art training programme designed to cultivate applicants’ reflexes, coordination, perception and cognitive abilities. Provisional tests indicate that students in the full flush of youth, unburdened with superfluous knowledge, respond extremely well to the programme, resulting in combat pilots of unprecedented skill.
    In support of this initiative, the Rind Gold Electronics Org has an open order for mined resources, which will be used to construct a dedicated training centre for the new programme.

The campaign begins on the 12th of April 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

To be eligible for rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering mined Palladium, Osmium and Silver to Wegner Market in the Rind system.

Be aware that faction-state changes, Thargoid Sensor-related interference and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Pristine metallic ring finder website: http://edtools.ddns.net/index.php?s=
    -Courtesy of CMDR VicTic

Notes:
    - Station Services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
    - Prices @ Wegner Market
    • Palladium: 14,568 Cr/T
    • Osmium: 10,049 Cr/T
    • Silver: 5,235 Cr/T

Latest status
    Last updated: 17 April @19:00 UTC

Current Progress:

Global Progress: 500,008 tonnes delivered
    Contributors: 2,067
    Reward Tier: 8/8
    Global Reward: None listed
    Current Participation Rewards:

Top 10 CMDRs: 39,0700,080 CR
    Top 10%: 31,256,064 CR
    Top 25%: 23,442,048 CR
    Top 50%: 15,628,032 CR
    Top 75%: 7,814,016 CR
    Top 100%: 800,000 CR
    CG Participation Threshold Calculator
    Courtesy of CMDR pprovart

Data entry and current threshold estimates: https://goo.gl/EQ9mrW
    EDMC plug in for automated submissions: https://github.com/pprovart/CGThresholds

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ...click here

If I were not exploring outside the Bubble, I would be very interested in this CG. Thanks for giving us some alternatives to trade and bounty hunting

To qualify, do you just need to sell on the commodities market?

Delivered 1400t silver . Total still listed at 0 45min later

Yeah Can do this CG via remote play as its not combat...
    just shoot and Fire of prospect and collector limpets for 30mins at a time...
    Currently parked in Chaudhary terminal in HIP 57352, reoutfitting the cutter.
    Due to the the Refinery and limpets controllers it can only carry just over 672 tons with grade 6 shields.. that will take a while to fill up... ( no shields in a Ring with pirate attacks, Im not going to do that. )

Yay! Top ten with one tonne of silver

Suggestion
    Change the first highlighted line in the goal..
    Mining isn't mentioned still halfway down the page and who ever reads the fine print

Originally Posted by Zaphod86 View Post (Source)
    Was the silver you delivered MINED and not bought? That got me at first too

An excuse to go mining?! I'm in! Guess I'll be taking silver off my "ignore" list (money is money, but I'd rather have ten tons of one of the 3 P's than ten tons of silver).

Just to clarify, as it's been a while since the last mining CG: CMDRs can't just buy the materials; they have to be mined, right? There's quite a supply of silver (for example) at nearby systems, and it would seem unfair if this just turned into a regular trade CG.

Edit: Sorta ninja'd. I figured there'd be some way for the station authorities to tell the difference between newly-refined metal and the stuff you can buy at the corner market.

Suggestion
    Change the first highlighted line in the goal..
    Mining isn't mentioned still halfway down the page and who ever reads the fine print
    ...and there’s me thinking it was in the title...

Originally Posted by Snowymonk View Post (Source)
    To qualify, do you just need to sell on the commodities market?
    So long as you have mined the stuff and not bought it from another station, then yes, that is what you need to do. But the "mined" bit is important - buying Palladium or Silver somewhere else and selling it at Wegner Market will not count towards the CG.

Mined? Bleh!
    Yep - I tried to make it pretty clear in the first post (post name, underlined in the objective ...) in more places than the CG text alone, but it does say it in there too - purchased metals will not count for this CG, only mined ones.

"Provisional tests indicate that students in the full flush of youth, unburdened with superfluous knowledge, respond extremely well to the programme, resulting in combat pilots of unprecedented skill."

No, that doesn't jive with me at all.
    If you get blown up by me at this CG, you will know why.

I didn't read as far as the mined bit until too late, still a healthy coin from a Python full of Palladium...a bit annoyed that that I didn't bother reading all the guff though. Should definitely put 'mined' in the intro bit.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast