Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost in Space

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post (Source)
    Decided to watch 13 Reasons Why last night. Ended up watching 3 episodes in a row before forcing myself to bed. So much better than Lost in Space. Just so much better.
    Even though as a whole I enjoyed 13 Reasons Why, the main character annoyed me beyond belief. She's a self-centered nascisistic serial whiner, to who some bad stuff happened but mostly blamed everybody else for her own stupid decisions and shortcomings.

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    Even though as a whole I enjoyed 13 Reasons Why, the main character annoyed me beyond belief. She's a self-centered nascisistic serial whiner, to who some bad stuff happened but mostly blamed everybody else for her own stupid decisions and shortcomings.
    Tell that to a 17 year old.

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post (Source)
    Tell that to a 17 year old.
    Fair enough, teens are usually stupid and make bad decisions and it's normal (up to a point).

But still...

Reasons invoked to commit a coldly planned, not-heat-of-the-moment suicide:

- A friend got a new boyfriend and didn't tell her.
    - Ran away from the shrink's office and blamed the shrink for not running after her.
    - Told her buddy to go away, and blamed him for not staying.
    - Saw her friend get sexually abused/r@ped while she was watching and did absolutely nothing.
    - Some time after seeing her friend get r@ped, that she went to a party on known rapist house, sits in a pool alone... and got r@ped by the known rapist, not moving a finger to prevent it not even tried to say no. She's still a victim, but damn how can someone (even a teen) be so completely stupid?
    (.....)

But to me the worst is how she always blames everyone else for mostly being an idiot.

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    Fair enough, teens are usually stupid and make bad decisions and it's normal (up to a point).

But still...

Reasons invoked to commit a coldly planned, not-heat-of-the-moment suicide:

- A friend got a new boyfriend and didn't tell her.
    - Ran away from the shrink's office and blamed the shrink for not running after her.
    - Told her buddy to go away, and blamed him for not staying.
    - Saw her friend get sexually abused/r@ped while she was watching and did absolutely nothing.
    - Some time after seeing her friend get r@ped, that she went to a party on known rapist house, sits in a pool alone... and got r@ped by the known rapist, not moving a finger to prevent it not even tried to say no. She's still a victim, but damn how can someone (even a teen) be so completely stupid?
    (.....)

But to me the worst is how she always blames everyone else for mostly being an idiot.
    Heh yeah it does seem a wee bit melodramatic.
    We don't know much of her past before she started Liberty High, so perhaps she had issues long before she made her final decision.
    I ended up watching 4 episodes last night. Like the cassettes, I can't stop.

Edit: Anyway, sorry for off topic..

Originally Posted by Vasco Sapien View Post (Source)
    Same dude who played Captain Flint. If anyone here has not seen black sails i highly recommend it.. IMHO some great writing.
    Thanks for saving me a search, that was starting to bug me.

So I've watched the first 4 episodes now and I have 1 question. Why is the Father basically treated as some sort of idiot? Are they going to flashback in a future episode to where he did something stupid? Actually that's 2 questions, sorry!

Originally Posted by OldManKnott View Post (Source)
    So I've watched the first 4 episodes now and I have 1 question. Why is the Father basically treated as some sort of idiot? Are they going to flashback in a future episode to where he did something stupid? Actually that's 2 questions, sorry!
    He almost quit on them, and they almost divorced.

I don't know, I loved Lost In Space.

Originally Posted by OldManKnott View Post (Source)
    Stick with it, he turns out to be a solid honorable man with good insights. One of the best characters IMHO in the series.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    Stick with it, he turns out to be a solid honorable man with good insights. One of the best characters IMHO in the series.
    Yep. Totally this.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    I think series strength is how real family feels. They both where wrong and right at same time, and they certainly redeemed themselves in the end, with realizing they both have faults and strengths and together they can overcome issues.

Originally Posted by cosmo-genesis View Post (Source)
    Lost in Space Season 2 gets the go ahead

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/94...space-season-2
    Nice. There were some issues, but certainly material is solid and with some tweaks here and there, it will be exciting. Can't wait.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345