Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been on Haitus, what's new?

Have not missed that much really, see YouTube below for real patch notes;

Been on Haitus
    Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    No such system listed in the Galaxy map
    What system is this planet in?
    I here it's a planet in the I was fired for playing Elite Dangerous on the job system. Haven't been there.

Originally Posted by Number2 View Post (Source)
    Oh man, where have you been. I need something else to do, I have been stuck in here for a long , long time. What is the secret to getting away for a haitus?
    First, you have to grind for 3000 lost shakers of salt.

Beware, it's considered an exploit to get them on this forum!

Originally Posted by c00ky1970 View Post (Source)
    +rep for good info and not being a Smart A like the rest of us.

Originally Posted by Slopey View Post (Source)
    *cough* hiatus *cough*
    Checked for that too

Originally Posted by GJ51 View Post (Source)
    No such system listed in the Galaxy map

What system is this planet in?
    Same system as Raxxla, planet right next door - earthlike world with rings. Mostly a tropical paradise-like world. Drinks are free, waitresses serve in the buff, and are always eager to please.

I'm there right now.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Same system as Raxxla, planet right next door - earthlike world with rings. Mostly a tropical paradise-like world. Drinks are free, waitresses serve in the buff, and are always eager to please.

I'm there right now.
    Do they like to grind?

Z...

Originally Posted by Cmnd Fulsom View Post (Source)
    I'd like to know what changes have been added to the game since I was last here, just round about before the first alien sightings. Cheers.

Stay frosty,
    All sorts of things have been added to the game

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)

I'm there right now.
    Shining your helmet?

I hadn't played for a while, and recently fired it up again. I'm not sure how long you've been out, but things I like are:

• Engineering has changed quite a bit. No more RNG, now every time you spend mats, you get an upgrade.
    • You can trade engineering mats at some stations now
    • You can now see station orientation in SC
    • T9 is much bigger than it was
    • There are aliens but I didn't go there yet
    • There's a space radio to listen to.
    • Crime and punishment changed. For me it means when I get a bounty I now head to a Low Sec system to pay it off. The facility is called Interstellar Factor but the service you're looking for on the system map has broker in it. I assume the main changes were to reduce ganking. No idea if it has as I don't play in open.
    • Wing missions

I'm sure there is other stuff too!

New haircuts. new pew pewing devices. New ways to grind. New punishments for old crimes. New materials to find. New bugs. New old bugs. Mostly same everything else.

Originally Posted by Rakaposhi View Post (Source)
    • You can now see station orientation in SC

But, stations are always oriented towards their planets, so, why even show it? Thanks by the way.

Stay frosty,

Cmnd Fulsom

i recently started a hiatus. Haven't picked the game up in a month.

Adding to the summaries:

Alien bases and guardian ruins to visit + new associated materials, items, weaponry, anti-tharg fighter,etc. (new material trader of three types & tech trader)
    Greatly improved material storage array. No more need to make room for a particular mat.
    Megaships with locations you can search and pilfer for items.
    Winged missions for optional winged player cmdr collaboration or can be attempted solo
    Rewards for missions can now have a choice of up to three variation types involving different combinations of reputation, influence, materials, commodities, or credits.
    (also somewhat easier to rank up with reputation rewards for naval rank)
    The newer T-10 and Alliance Chieftan ships.
    T-9 got an extra internal compartment buff.
    T-7 got a power distributor buff.
    Beige planetoids finally changed to greatly improved texturing and color variety. Overall graphics improved also.
    The galaxy map now has extra features including trade routes and filtering options, and showing systems with burning/damaged/repairing stations. Also fixed to show your current fleet ships at corresponding systems correctly now.
    In powerplay, Felicia Winters seems to have made a comeback to the top 5..

The new system for the engineers so far do not have the secondary effects option to make class 5 primatics optimal mass larger to encompass a cutter. Also the new engineering for some weapons (railguns,PAs, ?) do not have as much secondary effect for thermal cooling as the old system. So you may want to keep a few "grandfathered" old modules/weapons for now, although most of the engr'd modules have significantly improved max effects from their old versions.

Originally Posted by Cmnd Fulsom View Post (Source)
    But, stations are always oriented towards their planets, so, why even show it? Thanks by the way.
    It helps with fine tuning the approach to the mailslot before exiting supercruise (and farther out before the station orbit is visible in order to plan and navigate a longer approach). I found it helpful in that way and have been watching and using it since.

OP, you missed free Imperial Cutter give away.

Oh they've been quite busy. See Video for Details.

Is that going to be better than Ark: Survival Evolved?
    If it's Planet Coaster with dinosaurs, then not my thing.
    Good luck to them, but I think there are many dinosaur related games on the market already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast