Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Someone got the idea that I'm a Frontier Moderator. I'm flattered!

Originally Posted by Alonya Ruslana View Post (Source)
    Serious note.

The anonymous user who sent OP a PM doesn't realise that the American Constitution doesn't apply to the Internet, especially on privately owned forums, of companies that are not based in the USA?
    No. Probably because they stopped teaching Civics in high school decades ago.

Oh the rant I could go on. But I won't.

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    That's okay. Even in the US of A Freedom of Speech doesn't prevent a private company from removing posts from a site that they own/administer. It only prevents the government from abridging the people's right to heard.
    Yep. It just means the government can't throw you in jail for disagreeing with it. Nothing at all to do with non governmental entities.

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Great Britain's not the only place that can have a Brexit vote
    a friend said to me something which is totally inappropriate but bang on the money......
    America just had to go one better...... the UK dropped her knickers and decided to pee all over the carpet with brexit....... The US followed by dropping his pants and taking a dump on the floor voting for trump.

I currently work for the European Bioinformatics institute in England, and am half funded by American money... so one way or another i will be screwed from both ways when it comes to getting more funding :/

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    a friend said to me something which is totally inappropriate but bang on the money......
    America just had to go one better...... the UK dropped her knickers and decided to pee all over the carpet with brexit....... The US followed by dropping his pants and taking a dump on the floor voting for trump.

I currently work for the European Bioinformatics institute in England, and am half funded by American money... so one way or another i will be screwed from both ways when it comes to getting more funding :/
    Great Britain stunned the world with Brexit. The United States looked over to the left, then looked over to the right, nodded and said "I got this...hold my beer"

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #35
    Originally Posted by Dural View Post (Source)
    Hi Mod, can you put more low temp diamonds in the asteroids please? TYVMIA.
    No. Mods can't do that.

6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #36
    Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    I have a laugh today because someone left a rant in my profile:

"Why are you pulling my posts? I put some of those in to get the Devs to look at it. You have no right to do that. I realize that you are British and only do what's proper but here in the US we have right that allow us to have free speech even when we are angry. You guys should try it. Instead of aggravating people."

First I was like "What the ..." then it turned to laughter during the reading! I am very flattered that he thought I was a moderator!

People, as an American, I apologize for this kind of behavior when it happens on this forum! I know all you English chaps and Australian blokes etc will completely agree that you're ALWAYS proper!

I'm sure the this person won't mind that I posted his comments anonymously because he's so into (his definition of) free speech!

Somethimes it's Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool...

LOL!
    Not sure how true that line is, without you reporting the PM. Regardless, freedom of speech exists up to our Terms of Services and Forum Rules & Guidelines on our associated websites, including these forums.

I always like to refer to the xkcd comic when it comes to internet communities and free speech, it's number 1357, titled 'Free Speech'.

make moderators great again!

well, eee .... sorry to spoil it to you brits and muricans (there's other people in the universe in case you didn't know), but your circus elections are nothing really special. the whole world is going nuts and falling apart, haven't you heard?

now you know!

First rule of freedom of speech; is say what you want, as long as no one hears it!

Whatever other massive muck ups the Americans have performed in recent years, they gave us Brit's Ronnie James Dio so all is forgiven for ever.

Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post (Source)
    You're obviously jealous of the freedoms given to him by the baby Jesus.
    I've provided no such freedoms.

So just before I say all this, I know Americans do have a significant bunch of highly intelligent people. However, what never fails to make me laugh is how so many people seem to think that US law, rights and legalities extend across the world. Sure there's agreements with many countries and many share similar laws like the UK in this instance, but it still makes me smile
    I mean individual US states have different laws which surely would be the clue that gives the game away, right?

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Great Britain's not the only place that can have a Brexit vote
    No politics here! You know well

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    I am Flimley.
    Are you sure? I might need some proof.

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    make moderators great again!

well, eee .... sorry to spoil it to you brits and muricans (there's other people in the universe in case you didn't know), but your circus elections are nothing really special. the whole world is going nuts and falling apart, haven't you heard?

now you know!
    oh we know there’s a big wide world out there......we ran most of it for quite some time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast