Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier please dont make us wait until 3.1 for the FSD booster, unless 3.1 is 2 weeks or less.

Frontier please dont make us wait until 3.1 for the FSD booster, unless 3.1 is 2 weeks or less.

why have we got to wait, if 3.1 is a month away, most of the point will be moot, people will have got all the mats, engineered all the stuff they need too, done all the travelling to guardian sites etc. why give us fsd booster now, when its actually needed. thanks for listening.

white knights, ranters etc, its your turn to shoot down my request. go for it.

I'm afraid I have to boost you higher instead of shooting you down. Then again I'm no white knight by a long shot.

I would rather wait if it means it become a sub module to the main FSD, like fighters are to hangers.

Not wish to use a full module slot. They could introduce more items to insert in your FSD by using sub slots

Jurassic world evolution..

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    I would rather wait if it means it become a sub module to the main FSD, like fighters are to hangers.

Not wish to use a full module slot. They could introduce more items to insert in your FSD by using sub slots
    Who said it was going to be a sub module? That sounds cool.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Originally Posted by Maro-Val View Post (Source)
    Jurrasic world evolution..
    Incorrect.

Well theres no point having it if it wont work.

Very shoddy the way it was released but id rather they wait till its working properly to put it back in.

8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #8
    Originally Posted by valbarr View Post (Source)
    why have we got to wait, if 3.1 is a month away, most of the point will be moot, people will have got all the mats, engineered all the stuff they need too, done all the travelling to guardian sites etc. why give us fsd booster now, when its actually needed. thanks for listening.

Problem with what you request is that our dev team has to branch the build out. If there's any additional changes done to the branch, the team has to re-merge the changes to the trunk/development build for a future release.

This usually can (and sometimes does) induce numerous new bugs and other unwanted issues to the game client and server.

As much as we'd like to push out rapid updates, it adds a lot of overhead to the development process.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Problem with what you request is that our dev team has to branch the build out. If there's any additional changes done to the branch, the team has to re-merge the changes to the trunk/development build for a future release.
    Trees and mammoths confirmed ! Or are they elephants?

EDIT - I must have been sublimally influenced by this advert https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6628299

An alternative solution is to just not care about FSD boosters in general. It's not like it's a thing that is actually needed to do anything in the game and it gives you no real advantage in any sort of pvp combat.

So you could do the grind and all that and get it now only to have it changed in the next release and potentially make all your effort for naught .... or you could ignore it and live perfectly fine (or at least as well as you were for the last 3 years) and do it later if you want to do it at all.

There's no urgency here to acquire it like some combat related things in the game would be. So if you do end up wasting effort, it's really all on you.

Originally Posted by valbarr View Post (Source)

Additionally to what Brett C said, and as others have stated; If something is worth doing, do it properly or not at all.

FDev releasing something and it not working correctly isn't due to lazy anything, the way the code branches are intertwined is pretty complex, it's also entirely possible the Dev Server has ongoing code within it that affects modules that the Live servers doesn't have, we don't and won't know.
    Technically the FSD Booster isn't needed at all, it's a nice addition they're giving us. We can get from A to B, it's not like they halved the jump range of everything. Technically there's no reason people should be collecting the mats for it now, new Guardian Hybrid blueprints or requirements for mats/Guardian stuff isn't gonna magically stop when the Booster is back. I would also bet that less than 1/2 of the Horizons Playerbase has actually bothered with Guardian Tech at the moment.

Not shooting you down, I just think you're making a bigger thing of it than it really is.

Just think of it like you got given a new phone for Xmas, but the phone needs to be returned for repairs 'cos it was DOA. It's all good, you've still got the phone you were using.

Originally Posted by EvoBeardy View Post (Source)
    Additionally to what Brett C said, and as others have stated; If something is worth doing, do it properly or not at all.

FDev releasing something and it not working correctly isn't due to lazy anything, the way the code branches are intertwined is pretty complex, it's also entirely possible the Dev Server has ongoing code within it that affects modules that the Live servers doesn't have, we don't and won't know.
    Technically the FSD Booster isn't needed at all, it's a nice addition they're giving us. We can get from A to B, it's not like they halved the jump range of everything. Technically there's no reason people should be collecting the mats for it now, new Guardian Hybrid blueprints or requirements for mats/Guardian stuff isn't gonna magically stop when the Booster is back. I would also bet that less than 1/2 of the Horizons Playerbase has actually bothered with Guardian Tech at the moment.

Not shooting you down, I just think you're making a bigger thing of it than it really is.

Just think of it like you got given a new phone for Xmas, but the phone needs to be returned for repairs 'cos it was DOA. It's all good, you've still got the phone you were using.

It is lazy. It was not QA’d at all. If players don’t QA aka do their job, updates are almost always broken. If they bothered to test anything at all, they’d see that it was broken. Stop defending their crap and or lack of testing.

This usually can (and sometimes does) induce numerous new bugs and other unwanted issues to the game client and server.

As much as we'd like to push out rapid updates, it adds a lot of overhead to the development process.
    I understand your point, and it is a fair one indeed, however I'm sure you are very much aware of how frustrating some of the point-release bugs are. The FSD Booster example is not a good one as it is an entirely optional feature. There have been significant bugs in the past that have affected game-play that wait until the next point release before being fixed, which can leave us in a precarious situation. One example was the raining skimmer bug, which affected me in aspects such as a lost elite co-pilot and loads of money.

I want to communicate that I understand some of the challenges the dev team face and I very much appreciate their efforts, however I would like to see some work done between point releases to fix bugs that affect game-play.

Thank you.

Incorrect.
    Yea i saw the spelling error and edited my post. Now its pretty much 100% correct, including typing.

And this remains to be done for a module that has already been released once?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast