Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would This Idea Make Thargoid Killing More Attractive to You?

Would This Idea Make Thargoid Killing More Attractive to You?

You kill the Thargoid, it drops a material that allows you to make 1 jump for 20K LY. You can only have 4 materials.

This would allow you to really make some money doing sighseeing tours in Colonia from the Bubble, and you'd have to farm Thargoids to get them (and you couldn't stock up on them or buy them).

Some will say it would cheapen travel, but Thargoids jump from nowhere. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to make just 1 or 2 jumps like that?

No, game doesn't need MORE grind.
    It does, however, need more interactions that aren't 'KILLKILLKILL!!!".

I haven't bothered with the Thargoid thing. It doesn't interest me at all for the same reason the engineers doesn't interest me either. I just can't be bothered with the griiiiiiiiind. I do wish you could just buy pre-engineered modules and anti thargoid weaponry, but it is what it is. Quite happy doing delivery missions and the odd assassination for now. I realise I'm missing out on a major part of the games content, but I've never been attracted to content that's locked behind a grindwall. I don't do "raids" in MMO's either, for the same reason.

No.

The reason I don't bother with the Thargoids (I've never even bothered to go see one), is because of the moronic idea that I need 'special weapons' in order to take them on which translates to just more idiotic grind.

To those who enjoy endless time-sinks in the name of engaging gameplay, I applaud you. I'm just not one of you.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    No.

The reason I don't bother with the Thargoids (I've never even bothered to go see one), is because of the moronic idea that I need 'special weapons' in order to take them on which translates to just more idiotic grind.

To those who enjoy endless time-sinks in the name of engaging gameplay, I applaud you. I'm just not one of you.
    Also there no good reason to take them on.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    No.

If you want to fight Thargoid Interceptors you can just buy all the AX weapons at a Miliaty surface port.

No grind needed, and no different from changing load outs from long duration RES and CZ weapons to short duration Assassination missions

Originally Posted by Space Dandy View Post (Source)
    Also there no good reason to take them on.
    Wow, really? I was about to say that this is surprising, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I am starting to think that FD is basically just trying to push this cash-cow forward for as long as possible by using cheap to implement 'improvements' and then offering more paint jobs at the store. All the while the main focus is on releasing new games to generate more revenue streams.

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    If you want to fight Thargoid Interceptors you can just buy all the AX weapons at a Miliaty surface port.

No grind needed, and no different from changing load outs from long duration RES and CZ weapons to short duration Assassination missions
    But as Dandy pointed out, why bother if there's nothing in it for me?

Ive never had any interest in thargoids because to even begin walking down that road, yer taking on a whole mountain of grind to get all the shiny stuff just to be able to. Not to mention id have to keep leaving the game to find stuff out cos Ive only got a rudimentary knowledge of thargoids at best.

If the military are too inept to do what they supposed to be doing, and theres a need fer independant mercenaries, then by all means, lets talk about expenses.

So thats voluntary mountain of grind and lack of adequate compensation or even reason beyond some invasion that never happened...need more be said?

Im shallow and Im broke...but Im not cheap and sure as hell not free. With the whole non invasion that was never really an invasion, the background is too weak to build a role play character into, and without some nice fat pay cheque waiting , then the human race can burn rich while I spectate in poverty.

As others have pointed out...whats in it fer me?

You want to know what would make the Thargoids more attractive to me? A way less one-dimensional story and a way more dynamic appearance. To begin with your question not including any other possible interactions besides killing them was/is a huge fail in my opinion. Also the fact that no one has ever seen them attacking these NPC ships that are always there as 'prove' of a smoking gun and the fact that no one has ever seen them actually attacking a single station, besides GalNet reports.

I don't see how FD will ever fix the Thargoids for me. The only way to show my disappointment is to avoid any Thargoid related stuff as much as possible - until the above points are addressed of course.

Call me boring, but I wish there was a non violent means of interacting with thargoids.

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)
    Call me boring, but I wish there was a non violent means of interacting with thargoids.
    That isn't boring, but I suspect narratively they don't have a reason to interact with us in that way yet.

No. And stop killing our insectoid friends.

If there was a reason. Right now killing them for only 2 million credits isnt worth my time, maybe if they drop some materials i can go and trade them to special material traders.

No, they are a space faring species millions of years in advance of us, not a resource to be harvested.
    We consider them as such at our own great peril.

The fact alone that we can happily ignore them at all is a clear sign of how dispirited this implementation was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast