Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would This Idea Make Thargoid Killing More Attractive to You?

Thargoid-hunting is already appealing enough. It’s great fun, it pays, and it irritates the bug-huggers.

That being said, there’s no such thing as too many rewards.

I just couldn't be bothered slaving to yet another combat ship meta so I can be good at killing the 'goids.

For the life of me I can't understand why FD needed to work them like this.

Originally Posted by DeathStroke View Post (Source)
    No, game doesn't need MORE grind.
    It does, however, need more interactions that aren't 'KILLKILLKILL!!!".
    How on earth is 'adding a reward to an already existing activity' MORE GRIND? is this ED's version of calling something you dont like fake news or something?

Why on earth would a ship suddenly become capable of a half-galaxy jump because the pilot killed a Thargoid?

The game already has far too much sillyness, no thanks.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    No.

The reason I don't bother with the Thargoids (I've never even bothered to go see one), is because of the moronic idea that I need 'special weapons' in order to take them on which translates to just more idiotic grind.

To those who enjoy endless time-sinks in the name of engaging gameplay, I applaud you. I'm just not one of you.
    This. Although more the fact I just don't like the special weapon aspect. How about just upgrading or engineering existing weapons to kill both goids and humans!

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    I just couldn't be bothered slaving to yet another combat ship meta so I can be good at killing the 'goids.
    The fact that they're magically immune to conventional causes of damage like hypervelocity chunks of tungsten launched out of railguns (but not magic blue crystal ones) is pretty silly and contrived for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123