Thread: Fixed Faction for AX Mega ships?

Question Fixed Faction for AX Mega ships?

Reason for this is that I have noticed that the AEGIS owned ships (Vanguard and Acropolis) have no fixed presence of the organisation. instead it appears to be 100% leased to all factions within a select system.

This also means that every system the ship jumps to you will have to re-earn rep on the ship to get good missions, which is an absolute pain at best. especially if you spend the time that week to get the rep only to have to do it all again the next.

I'd like to see at least one fixed faction that remains regardless the location of the ship, this means no matter where you go. there will always be a good source of missions ready for you! other factions are still present and can be used as optional sources of missions.

Thoughts?

CMDR Jaylem

Meh, would be nice I guess but I haven't bothered trying to get missions to kill interceptors since I found them to be pretty buggy. If like 95% of the instances are empty with just wrecked ships and a black box there then that screams bug to me.

So the Aegis Core Faction doesnt mass with the BGS of the systems the Vanguard and Acropolis jump to.

Just did a couple of missions to hunt Marauders from the Vanguard this morning, and the mission related USS were very easy to find and there were always 4 Marauders in the instance. But yeah, i agree with Cmdr Jaylem, AEGIS faction should be were these Megaships go. There were very few Thargoid related missions. 90%+ of the missions available were the standard faction related missions. I'm not against the presence of these, but adding AEGIS would make a lot more sense! But probably because of the complexity of the BGS system this wont happen...

I like idea of AEGIS as global faction when being onboard of these carriers. Ideally with ranks to access some special modules or services (or rent special combat ships of course!) in xenowar. Add little of Wing Commander here. I'm ok with current stare killing Thargoids give us reputation with Pilot Federation (journal files confirm this too) but all missions on AEGIS megaship must have at least reputation effect with AEGIS faction. I did few missions in Assinda to kill cyclops and it generated journal transactions for SK Extreme Adventures, People's Assinda Labour Union and other local minor factions. BTW Aegis megaship Acropolis is represented by special minor faction Aegis Acropolis ...

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    Meh, would be nice I guess but I haven't bothered trying to get missions to kill interceptors since I found them to be pretty buggy. If like 95% of the instances are empty with just wrecked ships and a black box there then that screams bug to me.
    urgh, I know the feeling. these missions take a while at best (especially when that 'random' zone is 80-300kls away, you jump in and...empty. almost makes you want to quite there and then.

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    So the Aegis Core Faction doesnt mass with the BGS of the systems the Vanguard and Acropolis jump to.
    You'd know more about the BGS than me, to be honest I only know the acronym and that's it. would having another faction present do much damage?

Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post (Source)
    Just did a couple of missions to hunt Marauders from the Vanguard this morning, and the mission related USS were very easy to find and there were always 4 Marauders in the instance. But yeah, i agree with Cmdr Jaylem, AEGIS faction should be were these Megaships go. There were very few Thargoid related missions. 90%+ of the missions available were the standard faction related missions. I'm not against the presence of these, but adding AEGIS would make a lot more sense! But probably because of the complexity of the BGS system this wont happen...
    Yes, a dedicated combat presence on the ship would be nice. I too have noticed the rate of these missions (typically source and return spam) which get in your way of the action. it would make a bit of sense as it is their ship?

Originally Posted by MrMarkusCZ View Post (Source)
    I like idea of AEGIS as global faction when being onboard of these carriers. Ideally with ranks to access some special modules or services (or rent special combat ships of course!) in xenowar. Add little of Wing Commander here. I'm ok with current stare killing Thargoids give us reputation with Pilot Federation (journal files confirm this too) but all missions on AEGIS megaship must have at least reputation effect with AEGIS faction. I did few missions in Assinda to kill cyclops and it generated journal transactions for SK Extreme Adventures, People's Assinda Labour Union and other local minor factions. BTW Aegis megaship Acropolis is represented by special minor faction Aegis Acropolis ...
    ahh so you mean to have an incentive for this aspect of gameplay? nice concept! does this minor faction have mission presence on the ship?

Unfortunately minor faction Aegis Acropolis is only technical placeholder as owner of the megaship. We can't do missions for them directly.

I can't validate it in the game now but space near of the megaship is probably under Aegis Acropolis jurisdiction. It is still interesting. No global faction but reputation with megaship or as I rather name it carrier can be very interesting for gameplay. We can think about this megaship as mercenaries group. Other megaship is another mercenaries group. Reputation with such megaship faction can unlock some services at least have free repair/restock/refuel as ally. We don't need missions for this faction for influence (left it without influence in the systems) but it can be great for roleplaying to have reputation with such megaship. And with some details as special decal to my ship ...

Originally Posted by MrMarkusCZ View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately minor faction Aegis Acropolis is only technical placeholder as owner of the megaship. We can't do missions for them directly.

I can't validate it in the game now but space near of the megaship is probably under Aegis Acropolis jurisdiction. It is still interesting. No global faction but reputation with megaship or as I rather name it carrier can be very interesting for gameplay. We can think about this megaship as mercenaries group. Other megaship is another mercenaries group. Reputation with such megaship faction can unlock some services at least have free repair/restock/refuel as ally. We don't need missions for this faction for influence (left it without influence in the systems) but it can be great for roleplaying to have reputation with such megaship. And with some details as special decal to my ship ...
    have to agree with you on the free repair part (and munitions) perhaps the most costly part of the mission... even for a cutter killing Scouts, it takes me one overshoot on the boost and caustic damage, which I then have to burn off after battle (although I have decontamination limpets, I always forget to stock up ) which after this process is an easy 7% drop (60k repair...)

Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)

You'd know more about the BGS than me, to be honest I only know the acronym and that's it. would having another faction present do much damage?

More either the faction would have to be manually deleted from the old system and added to the new system, and set up so it has no influence so it doesn't conflict with the other factions (as influence is 100% divided among the occupants of the system) and also immune from the BGS so it isn't expelled by having no influence.

So less chance of error the way they do it

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    More either the faction would have to be manually deleted from the old system and added to the new system, and set up so it has no influence so it doesn't conflict with the other factions (as influence is 100% divided among the occupants of the system) and also immune from the BGS so it isn't expelled by having no influence.

So less chance of error the way they do it
    ah thankyou! can't they have it's influence go elsewhere? like a system where the faction takes place? or does it have to directly effect the system they are in?

to be honest( although not sure possible) would it not be better to have no influence for the fixed faction/s at all? I mean they are there for only a week before going elsewhere.