Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hey there!

New player on Elite Dangerous for Xbox One. Been playing for about 2 weeks (4d in game time). Eventually expect to make the jump to PC and VR. I've been referring to the forums a bunch over the past few days so i figured i should finally make an account.

Originally Posted by TatteredYellow View Post (Source)
    Hey there!

New player on Elite Dangerous for Xbox One. Been playing for about 2 weeks (4d in game time). Eventually expect to make the jump to PC and VR. I've been referring to the forums a bunch over the past few days so i figured i should finally make an account.
    Welcome to the forums mucker

When you get on to PC, shout me up...Cmdr name is in the sig, I'm always looking to help out

Morning Tattered! May I ask why you're thinking of downgrading to the PC version?

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    Morning Tattered! May I ask why you're thinking of downgrading to the PC version?
    2 letters...V and R

Welcome to the board

Originally Posted by BongoBaggins View Post (Source)
    This made me chuckle... funny!

Good morning, Starshine.
    The world says hello!

Welcome Cmdr, fly safe

As far as micro communities for game IP's go, Elite's is quite good (perhaps especially the console boards... ?).

But expect topics like the seasons... Examples: 'Is Elite dead/dying?'. 'Is The Grind real?' (the answer's always yes... but that's not always a negative for some), 'Is Powerplay worth it aside from grinding to unlocks yet?' (the answer's always no... ), 'How To Solve Open/Solo/Private In 3 Easy Steps' (it's never easy, and there's always way more than three steps), 'Is goldrush/farming spot #547 still active?' (sometimes phrased as 'Have FDev nerfed goldrush/farming spot #547 yet?') and so on.

Now you can participate in the seasonal threads! Lucky you! ; -)

There's always good feedback, though, and there's usually enough people to offer up alternative suggestions/solutions, etc (I always feel the relative lack of RP'ers and lore discussion/theorising's a shame, but that's my own space-cross to bear around here).

As mentioned: VR and Voice Attack. Also, to be part of the larger community with EDMC and the other tools on EDCodex. And to have a proper HOTAS setup. Disappointed with the T.Flight HOTAS One. Purchased it after reading the first few pages of forum thread. Troubleshooting lead me to the last few pages. Hooray - update 3.0!!

But expect to create a new CMDR when I switch. This will be a secondary / copilot account for the household instead.

Hey there!

Hello, I'm in my third week so ditto.
    I'm loving it.

Welcome! Happy flying! o7

CMDR Ex

Hey there!

Welcome to ED and the forums, Cmdr

Quite possibly the best game and community you could wish to find

Welcome to your next big time sink. Great game to be lost in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast