Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings

How are you doing? I at about 60M credits and 3 ships in and considering my next ship. Waiting to see the next community goal to decide.

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    2 letters...V and R
    Is VR that good? I find the game immersive enough on a 46" LCD screen in a darkened room (always play Xbox with lights off...) that I cant see how VR (in its infancy??) could improve it significantly..

Originally Posted by TatteredYellow View Post (Source)
    How are you doing? I at about 60M credits and 3 ships in and considering my next ship. Waiting to see the next community goal to decide.
    Welcome Cmdr, GT: The Latman

Originally Posted by TatteredYellow View Post (Source)
    Work towards more credits, and your next ship could well be a Python the most useful ship for its size.

Originally Posted by The Latman View Post (Source)
    Is VR that good? I find the game immersive enough on a 46" LCD screen in a darkened room (always play Xbox with lights off...) that I cant see how VR (in its infancy??) could improve it significantly..

Welcome Cmdr, GT: The Latman
    It's that good

ED was designed from the ground up to support VR...I should mention I haven't got a VR set since I use a Tobii eye/headtracker. A few of my friends have the Oculus rift or the VIVE so I've had a mess around in ED with it. It's quite honestly astounding.

The Tobii eyetracker is pretty awesome as an aid to immersion, but VR is another level entirely...

A couple of examples of doing the simple things like looking around the cockpit or tracking targets freely using the eyetracker... combined with voice attack to control the functions in the ship by simply giving verbal commands, it's another level of immersion again from a fixed POV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12