Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98

Thread: Virpil WarBRD and Mongoos T50 Throttle are now up for pre-order.

  1. #1

    Virpil WarBRD and Mongoos T50 Throttle are now up for pre-order.

    the Virpil WarBRD and the non-analog stick version of the throttle are now ready for pre-order.

    To quote form the DCS forum thread:
    Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post (Source)
    ► Opening of the VIRPIL Controls EU Webstore and Pre-Orders

    The VIRPIL Controls team are pleased to announce the readiness of our new store for our EU customers!

    https://virpil-controls.eu/



    Purchasing of VPC products will now be much easier, with faster, cheaper and more reliable delivery via DPD. Orders will no longer be required to pass through customs, and instead will be delivered directly to your door. View more delivery information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/delivery-info

    Payments will be processed by Braintree payments (a PayPal company). Debit and Credit card payments can be processed directly on our site for convenience. VIRPIL Controls will not see nor store any payment information and it is handled directly by Braintree. We will accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and Maestro payment cards, with PayPal activating later this week.
    View more payment information here: https://virpil-controls.eu/payment-info

    Starting from the 16th April, VIRPIL Controls will have 3 direct trading platforms:


    www.virpil.by will initially continue to serve our customers worldwide, however from April 30th it will be changed to serving EurAsEC only.

    In addition to the opening of the new EU webstore - on April 16, 2018 pre-orders for the long awaited VPC devices will open as scheduled:
    • VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle
    • VPC Constellation Delta Grip
    • VPC WarBRD Base


    These products can be pre-ordered with a discount of 10%. All existing VPC MongoosT-50 owners (grip, base or flightstick) will receive an additional 5% discount code for a total discount of 15%. Of course, as always, lucky members of the VPC FC will receive an additional 5% on top as well for a total potential discount of 20%!

    All users will automatically receive the 10% pre-order discount. If you are an existing MT-50 owner, please send your order number and serial number to support@virpil.com to receive your additional 5% discount coupon. VPC FC discounts will be calculated automatically at the checkout.

    VPCFC members will be required to sign up for a new account on the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore, and contact support@virpil.com to reassign the VPCFC status. Please ensure you use the same email address that you originally signed up to the VPCFC with.

    If you experience any issues with the VIRPIL Controls EU webstore - please contact us ASAP support@virpil.com.

    To celebrate the launch of our new stores and pre-orders, all VPC products will be 10% off for the next 7 days!

    Finally - we would like to present more photos of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, displaying the new knurled throttle lever grips!



    Thank you for your continued support,
    VIRPIL Controls Team
    I have to say, the Throttle is a bit pricier than had expected/hoped for, but the pre-order discounts do help. I'm waiting for the thumbstick version of the throttle, but will be ordering a WarBRD to replace my Warthog base (which will become a back up base).

    Looking forward to giving it a go!

    Z...

  2. #2
    All my flight sim kit got fried in a power outage a few weeks ago, so this is good news Will be replacing my old dual stick setup with a new Mongoost T-50 CM, T-50 Throttle with analogue stick, and hopefully some MFG crosswind pedals. Never got quite comfortable with the dual stick setup, preferred the feel of a regular throttle, but still needed some more analogue axis.

    Just hope they don't delay the throttle with the mini-stick for too long!

  3. #3
    Have Virpil confirmed the availability of a throttle with analogue stick? Zero experience with throttle control, any obvious advantages?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by INaeem View Post (Source)
    Have Virpil confirmed the availability of a throttle with analogue stick? Zero experience with throttle control, any obvious advantages?
    Yes, but the gist was that the version with an analogue stick will be released at a later date. Advantages compared to what? Mouse + Keyboard? Gamepad? Dual Joysticks?

    Compared to M+K the advantage is obviously the improved fine control of constant throttle and being able to easily use it with VR. Compared to a gamepad, it's both, improved fine control and in case of this throttle, a metric ton of additional inputs. Compared to dual stick, the advantage would be more comfortable constant control of constant, which is more relaxed than having to permanently push the stick forward, potentially at the loss increased fine control thrust, depending on how you're using the dual sticks. But a mini stick should all but compensate this.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by INaeem View Post (Source)
    Have Virpil confirmed the availability of a throttle with analogue stick? Zero experience with throttle control, any obvious advantages?
    Yes, but it's one of those "Soon™" type things.

    To paraphrase, they said a couple of months later. so I'd expect it to go on pre-order around June-July, delivery being about a month later.

    I'm ordering a WarBRD for myself, as it's a good replacement for my Warthog base. Also, keep in mind that the warBRD and T-50 have very different mounting methods. If you want a desktop stick, got he WarBRD, if you want a mounted stick (to a table, chair/whatever), you want the T50.

    Z...

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    Yes, but the gist was that the version with an analogue stick will be released at a later date. Advantages compared to what? Mouse + Keyboard? Gamepad? Dual Joysticks?

    Compared to M+K the advantage is obviously the improved fine control of constant throttle and being able to easily use it with VR. Compared to a gamepad, it's both, improved fine control and in case of this throttle, a metric ton of additional inputs. Compared to dual stick, the advantage would be more comfortable constant control of constant, which is more relaxed than having to permanently push the stick forward, potentially at the loss increased fine control thrust, depending on how you're using the dual sticks. But a mini stick should all but compensate this.
    Sorry, compared to the current (pre-order) throttle. Thank you for the information, I'm currently using Dual Sticks (VPC MongoosT-50CM and VPC MongoosT-50 LH BE) plus Xbox Elite Controller.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Viking84 View Post (Source)
    All my flight sim kit got fried in a power outage a few weeks ago, so this is good news Will be replacing my old dual stick setup with a new Mongoost T-50 CM, T-50 Throttle with analogue stick, and hopefully some MFG crosswind pedals. Never got quite comfortable with the dual stick setup, preferred the feel of a regular throttle, but still needed some more analogue axis.

    Just hope they don't delay the throttle with the mini-stick for too long!
    ay be worth hanging out for an announcement from Virpil re pedals. Baur is working with them (Hence the WarBRD), and there have been lots of pics of Viril gear with BRD F3's in the background - I think this is a hint that there will be an F3 style set of pedals announced soon. I have a set of the BRD F3's, and they are a very nice set of pedals. I built my set myself (which I did on purpose, because I enjoy that sort of thing), but I'd suspect a Virpil offering would be pre-built and ready to go.

    Z...

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by INaeem View Post (Source)
    Sorry, compared to the current (pre-order) throttle. Thank you for the information, I'm currently using Dual Sticks (VPC MongoosT-50CM and VPC MongoosT-50 LH BE) plus Xbox Elite Controller.
    The advantage of an analog stick is that it gives you fine control for thrusters, with a binary (on/off) hat, you just get 100% thrust, or nada. It'll still work, but having the analog stick makes for the ability to have finer control of the lateral/vertical thrusters

    Z...

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    The advantage of an analog stick is that it gives you fine control for thrusters, with a binary (on/off) hat, you just get 100% thrust, or nada. It'll still work, but having the analog stick makes for the ability to have finer control of the lateral/vertical thrusters

    Z...
    Kudos and thank you Commanders. I will definitely wait for the analogue stick model, thankfully my order last night failed to process.

  10. #10
    Really want the VPC WarBRD DELTA Flightstick, but man my budget does not reach that far.

  11. #11
    Meanwhile, back at the VKB EU store;
    [IMG]tum
    bleweed-riverside2
    by William Clement, on Flickr[/IMG]

    As nice as the VirPil kit is- and it's fantastic!- what I really want is a decent grip with an extension and a small base. A desk mount won't suit my simpit, and adding a tall extension to the WarBRD probably isn't a great idea! VKB have designed exactly what I want, but the wee scamps in the EU have got just about the worst customer relations I've ever seen. Even Saitek and our very own FD devs keep potential customers better informed. They were meant to have updated their website over a week ago, they don't have a clue when their long awaited stock will arrive and I'm not convinced their mailing list is going to let me order anything this time around, even if it actually sends me a notification!

    Their TECS system is unlikely to see the light of day any time soon, so the VirPil throttle is looking like a solid buy from where I'm sitting.

    I can't say I'm particularly fussed about an analog stick, tbh. The fine control would be nice, but there's a lot to be said for having thrusters that behave a little like real world ones. I quite enjoy firing short bursts using a 4 way with my Saitek set up right now. I'd be quite happy to carry on doing that.

    I can't afford both, though. It's either believe VKB will have stock in sometime soon for that eye wateringly expensive stick I'm hankering after, or blow the budget on a VirPil throttle and soldier on with my old Rhino stick...

    Any VKB fanbois feeling like offering me a little faith? They might be able to get their stick on sale around the same time as VirPil start delivering...

  12. #12
    And I just bought the VKB rudder pedals! I don't know if I have it in me to cheat on VKB. Seems mixing Virpil and VKB is heretical.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    And I just bought the VKB rudder pedals! I don't know if I have it in me to cheat on VKB. Seems mixing Virpil and VKB is heretical.
    My dream setup would be the Virpil Throttle with analogue stick + the VKB MCG Pro. Enough analogue axis to cover any need Sadly neither of those two items are available right at this moment...

  14. #14
    Man I have zero self control... ordered the new throttle, and the MT-50 CM stick to go with it Will have to cover vertical thrust with my pedals toe-brake axis! Fingers crossed that it all arrives a bit faster than my last order which took two months.

  15. #15
    Hoping to get dual Mongoos sticks and perhaps also the throttle for times when playing regular flight sim.
    Found a bundle for dual sticks plus desk mounts for what I believe is a fair price for what you get.
    Maybe pedals needs to be included at some point also. Will be a big investment when that time comes.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast