Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: C&P is broken as heck...

Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)
    Dont get me wrong, i like the idea of anonymous access, but it should be for serious crimes. And you should have to sneak into stations (or via a secret illegal dock). Make it feel criminal - it certainly doesn't now,
    I don't know how anyone gets into a station if they're a criminal. Why on earth would they let "annonymous" people into a station?

Now adding gameplay to get passed security systems would be brilliant and would really be the way to go.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    Once you know, though, it's never an issue - you&ll know exactly where to go to clean your ship next time.

The problem is documentation and/or signposting for players who've not done it before.

This is the problem. People willing to accept crap and then tell us, it just need documentation.

As long as we have people like this, crap development will continue.

Quite simply an insane game mechanic.

Fdev incompetence knows no bounds.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    When I accept a mission that'll probably get me a bounty I look up the nearest interstellar factor before launching.

More planning less forsooth.
    But youre cool with how paradoxical and nonsensical it is?

For me, the big problem with the new system isn't really the specific features, it's that the entire process is no fun.

It's simply annoying and time wasting.

The risk/reward that they've added is messed up, because what you're risking is your time (and your boredom factor).

"We don't want to waste your time" is becoming the new ED meme, because the devs keep putting in things that are specifically designed to cost you time.

The result is that players will stop engaging in these once-fun activities, because now they are saddled with make-work, time-consuming, boring little activities.

It's a shame. The game isn't improved by this.

Originally Posted by avow555 View Post (Source)
    Quite simply an insane game mechanic.

Fdev incompetence knows no bounds.
    Really? A lack of documentation and in-game hints I would accept, but insanity? Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    The solutions to this would be either:
    - not to generate surface scan missions to any system controlled by the mission giver; or
    - (probably much harder and with all sorts of undesirable side-effects) make the temporary surface scan bases generate a jurisdiction for the owner documented in the mission; or
    - reintroduce the "on h-jump" bounty class to basically allow a player to be shot at until they run away, then reduce to a fine, which would be ideal for trespass cases
    I think that the a good and simple solution would be to implement bounty thresholds, after all, bounties have a credit value based upon the seriousness or not of the crime. Below the threshold, bounties can be paid off locally through anonymous access, above it a trip to IF is required.

I wrote a suggestion for it here...

At the moment, all crimes are considered the same so it's the number of bounties that a player accrues that is relevant, which is in itself daft, rather than how serious the 'crime' is, and FD have acknowledged that this is causing players (and them) issues because small crimes / misdemeanors are being punished more severely perhaps than they should be. After all, FD encourage and endorse criminal gameplay, so it should be fun to do if it's not breaking any rules, and the consequences not something that puts players off doing the activity.

The C&P part of the OP's tale seems to be working as intended - he got caught and had to pay the consequences.

It's the mission-giver issuing the bounty for their own mission which seems out.

I had the same issues - looking globally I have felling that FD by trying to fix PvP griefing issue for Open mode, has broken gameplay for everybody else...

Originally Posted by Marra Morgan View Post (Source)
    The C&P part of the OP's tale seems to be working as intended - he got caught and had to pay the consequences.

It's the mission-giver issuing the bounty for their own mission which seems out.
    A minor 'raised eyebrow' moment at best. However, it has been posted that FD are looking to remove even that trivially minor inconvenience at some point. Presumably by preventing any Faction issuing Surface Scan missions into any system they control... or even have a presence in, if they want to be absolutely certain that it won't intersect with the mission-giver's jurisdiction.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    And he'll know exactly how much time he'll need to waste, and how much faff is involved too... And no doubt he'll look forward to the quality gameplay time involved for the supposed improvement in outcome?

Remember! Our time is valued!
    I don't disagree, although I think you're rather overstating the case. Hyperbole is often used as a distraction from a weak thesis. It's one extra jump/dock cycle at the end of your session. I'd add that the OP is also correct, but that, again, hyperbole gains no one anything - CnP is not "broken", in that cleaning a ship with 0 notoriety really is trivial.

With that said, the locking out of starport services for minor crimes isn't particularly consistent - things like a trespass should, arguably, not be construed as a crime as they are now, and would be better served with a fine, which one would still be able to pay off at a station controlled by that faction.

Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post (Source)
    You missed one IMPORTANT part of the mission - don't get caught. Next time, don't get caught.
    Originally Posted by Marra Morgan View Post (Source)

Cool, so tell me Mara and Sandman... How do I avoid the bounties that I automatically get when the scan completes?

Originally Posted by Schlack View Post (Source)

This whole aspect brings little or nothing to the game other than the mild inconvenience of an additional jump, supercruise and dock.

What gameplay purpose does it serve? What emergent gameplay results from this mechanic? What is it supposed to do but put a barrier between you and further gameplay. Crimes should have consequences - sure, of course, but this isn't consequence its just annoying.
    This... So much this. All C&P did for missions like this is to make a secondary stop at the interstellar fellers so you can bribe them 600cr to get your million(s). It wouldn't be so bad if you could get your payout from the interstellar fellers, but that would make sense so it won't help.. There is no gameplay added other than flying to another station to pay a bounty on my way to collect the reward. It's tedious and stupid. Now, if there was gameplay that you could do to avoid bounties and trespassing, that would make sense. The fact that you occasionally get fined by the mission giver, no sense at all and is supposedly a bug that's been fixed.

I also hate the fact that it is always a jump away... Like we all are flying a starter winder and can't get any further than 10ly. So that means, if you've spent any time building up your reputation in an area you will have a reputation drop. Guarantied.

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    For me, the big problem with the new system isn't really the specific features, it's that the entire process is no fun.

It's simply annoying and time wasting.

The risk/reward that they've added is messed up, because what you're risking is your time (and your boredom factor).

"We don't want to waste your time" is becoming the new ED meme, because the devs keep putting in things that are specifically designed to cost you time.

The result is that players will stop engaging in these once-fun activities, because now they are saddled with make-work, time-consuming, boring little activities.

It's a shame. The game isn't improved by this.
    i couldnt agree more, the whole C&P isnt fun.. being wanted should be fun aswell, but instead we get the whip. thou shall be a good boy!!

The Crime system in 3.x made me the Witcher 3 player I am today!
    Way to sort out the griefers FD

The map filter does work, but you have to visit the system at least once to update it on the galaxy map.

Interstellar factors are located in low security systems for a reason: what they do is not 100% legal, so it would be logical to think that they're not going to scream out loud "hey ! i'm here ! "

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast