Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Crime Update

1. This is the last staff post in this thread. #1
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee

Crime Update

Hello Commanders!

A quick update.

We're still investigating the option to hand yourself in at starports where you are wanted as an alternative to locating an Interstellar Factors contact, which feels like a decent way to address the issue of folk being caught short in a ship that is unable to leave the system.

Looking at your feedback, we're also taking another look at friendly fire, as this seems to be one of the major root causes of displeasure with the legal system.

We're considering increasing the tolerance for damage against NPC ships further, including adding the tolerance for unshielded vessels (currently any stray shot that deals damage to a hull triggers the assault crime). We've also discovered a potential bug where damage could potentially be counted as targeted even when it isn't. We'll keep you updated as we go with this one.

In addition, we're also investigating some issues with Notoriety that prevents it from dropping or refreshing correctly. Hopefully we'll have some good news in the near future.

Finally, thank you again for all your feedback, it is a tremendous help.

Thank you Sandy! These sound awesome changes, well ideas of changes... though I get that as ever... No ETA, No Guarantee...

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

A quick update.

We're still investigating the option to hand yourself in at starports where you are wanted as an alternative to locating an Interstellar Factors contact, which feels like a decent way to address the issue of folk being caught short in a ship that is unable to leave the system.

Looking at your feedback, we're also taking another look at friendly fire, as this seems to be one of the major root causes of displeasure with the legal system.

We're considering increasing the tolerance for damage against NPC ships further, including adding the tolerance for unshielded vessels (currently any stray shot that deals damage to a hull triggers the assault crime). We've also discovered a potential bug where damage could potentially be counted as targeted even when it isn't. We'll keep you updated as we go with this one.

In addition, we're also investigating some issues with Notoriety that prevents it from dropping or refreshing correctly. Hopefully we'll have some good news in the near future.

Finally, thank you again for all your feedback, it is a tremendous help.
    Could you please device some missions to help let a CMDR get notoriety down quicker. The way it is at the moment is horrible for the game compared to how it was. I am not knocking the new C&P just the notoriety decay time and issues that arise from the way it is.

Perhaps scrapping the whole C&P is the best way to go

Originally Posted by jonluv View Post (Source)
    👍...

Good call, roll back to 2.4 would be favourite.

Or make the whole galaxy anarchy

Bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. yes there are problems but once they are addressed I can see it being more helpful than a hindrance after all 2.4 was a griefers paradise it was all those cmdrs murdering and griefing everyone that caused the C&P overhaul in the first place.

Those that can't play nice get shot down its as simple as that

When are you going to increase the bounty cap? 2m for a kill is not worth it to most..

Quick suggestion: Interstellar factors should be able to pay off bounties on any ship of your choice, not only your current one. I currently have 3 ships with bounties from 600 to 18000 credits, it's tedious to have to do the same for each one.

Originally Posted by CMDR John Casey View Post (Source)
    Quick suggestion: Interstellar factors should be able to pay off bounties on any ship of your choice, not only your current one. I currently have 3 ships with bounties from 600 to 18000 credits, it's tedious to have to do the same for each one.
    Not a bad idea, +1 for this suggestion.

Thanks for the heads up and update Sandro - good to see the team is on the ball.

Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    When are you going to increase the bounty cap? 2m for a kill is not worth it to most..
    Problem is that the cap is that low for a reason and you should know why. Hint: Exploits...

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Problem is that the cap is that low for a reason and you should know why. Hint: Exploits...
    ah so on the account of the devs being unable to patch exploits well enough we get all the punishment and none of the reward.. that sure as hell makes sense, if the money comes from the wanted player then they are only moving existing money, also since when was credits an issue to get?

See below... wanted Cutter for 59m, I got 4m out of it..

I'm getting bounties whilst Powerplay undermining because other miscellaneous ships somehow get in the way.

Then they go red and I end up killing them. That's because ..... well, they're red.

Originally Posted by CMDR John Casey View Post (Source)
    Yes, I agree with this.

We've traveled all the way, don't make us do it several times.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast