Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789
Results 121 to 126 of 126

Thread: PvP Meta of the Month Club

  1. #121
    Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    thanks!
    i was aiming at something less tanky and punchy but faster, like https://s.orbis.zone/h37HnPUh. it's probably not going to work all too well but i'll see from there. and yes, i should put one tlb in there too, no doubt.



    that's some fine flying and scary aim
    No worries man

    Yeah I like that! Thats clever man, ima look at using some of those tricks, always struggled with resistances vs weight, nice little work around there! 10/10.

    Tbh the TLB is only there because people on the PS are pretty fond of thier missles lol, can out run them but better to keep the pressure up imo .

    Thanks man! Fell in love with that ship because of that fight . Really hope FDev give us another fighter that handles like the MKIV but with gnarlier hardpoints and potentially better boost, the in-game lore permits a better ship than the Vipers with the same Size/Hit points/Moveset, only with bigger guns, the tech has clearly improved. (Challenger/Chieftan). They should just gimp it like they did the Vulture and give it a tiny PP.

  2. #122
    Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)

    ... a few weeks ago I was Powerplay slaughtering Imps in ALD HQ. A dead Cutter apparently put the shout out on ALD Discord and Avvie responded, coming on to hunt down the intruder in his full 5 x efficient PA FdL, him full FA-off, 0-4-2. After mutual shield drop my Pacifier Python had to bail ... managing to dock after a short chase. But Avvie was cool enough to agree to an FdL 1v1, then even more cool enough to put up a self-effacing vid on his channel (notwithstanding that he's one of the best shots I've fought for a long time) the next day. A couple of wince-worthy moments for me when I stall right in his sights, too.
    Best shot - Uses long range.

    Denied.

  3. #123
    Originally Posted by TheMegaTurnip View Post (Source)
    Best shot - Uses long range.

    Denied.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean Mr Turnip. I was paying tribute to Avvie's skill with regular speed plasma (efficient, not long range), which with its relatively slow projectile velocity of 875 mps is one of the more difficult weapons to hit with.

    Long range makes it much easier to hit because on projectiles it doubles shot speed and on hit scan weapons such as lasers or rails it permits firing over 3km at which range it is (with practice) almost impossible to miss (particularly with subsystem targeted and a fixed weapon) due to the target's minimal relative movement.

    In short, the more frequently someone is able to land hits without using long range (/focused) the better the shot they are.

    (But apologies if I've misunderstood your point, o7)

  4. #124
    Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post (Source)
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean Mr Turnip. I was paying tribute to Avvie's skill with regular speed plasma (efficient, not long range), which with its relatively slow projectile velocity of 875 mps is one of the more difficult weapons to hit with.

    Long range makes it much easier to hit because on projectiles it doubles shot speed and on hit scan weapons such as lasers or rails it permits firing over 3km at which range it is (with practice) almost impossible to miss (particularly with subsystem targeted and a fixed weapon) due to the target's minimal relative movement.

    In short, the more frequently someone is able to land hits without using long range (/focused) the better the shot they are.

    (But apologies if I've misunderstood your point, o7)
    The elitism and constant denigration of various tools/mod types/weapons does get pretty old. I had a Gunship that I patterned after Falter's that had 5x PA's complimented by 2x small seekers which my standard practice was to knock off hardpoints if my enemy dropped shields, or harass the hell out of them with the Drag special effect if they were uber shielded. As you could imagine, that build was the source of constant denigration and ridicule within PvP discord channels. The best part is that the people doing the ridiculing often have a seeker or Packhound on their builds (and often make use of long range modifications) which they shamelessly use if they deem it ok.

    I agree with the sentiment that it's best to be proficient with the weapons/shield classes that are typically considered to be high skill and not totally reliant on the cheese, but I do so tire of the hypocrisy so often on display.

  5. #125
    I don't have any issue with anyone using whatever tools or tactics work, nor am I adverse to using most of them myself, as long as they aren't clearly unintended (the old pop into SC to fully restore shields would be an example of this), and it's actually an effective approach (as opposed to simply an easy one).

    Tools aren't a replacement for skill, but another means by which to express it. Sure, some people use them as crutches, but that's their problem, not their opponents'. There is a counter to anything and everything.

    Some people do seem to jump to conclusions about one's abilities based on their perception of some weapons, but that usually works against the ones making the assumption. Yeah, I have a corvette with three turrets on it...if someone, in seeing this, assumes that means I can't use a dual PA vulture effectively, or I didn't spend a thousand hours in a Viper III long before there even was such thing as a corvette...well, I'm not going to be the one caught off guard when it turns out that I do have some idea of what I''m doing.

  6. #126
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    ...Yeah, I have a corvette with three turrets on it...
    ToT should never be ignored.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789