Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Git Gud Guide to Trading in Open (or just surviving in general)

The Git Gud Guide to Trading in Open (or just surviving in general)

A tried and true tactic that has worked since this game's creation. If you ever end up in an unwanted PvP scenario, stay calm and follow this advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9AWV_BWo0

Solid gold advice and instruction. A must have for any player who is unsure of their Open survival skills.

This video never fails to put a smile on my face.

This is easily the most valuable Elite-related video on the internet.

Thank you for this, it was hands down the most helpful single video I came across when starting out.

Originally Posted by Rinzler o7o7o7 View Post (Source)
    A tried and true tactic that has worked since this game's creation. If you ever end up in an unwanted PvP scenario, stay calm and follow this advice.
    I have heard quite a few players say they went into Open after seeing that video and feeling more confident about playing there.

If you want to promote Open or PvP, this is the way to do it.

I think it should be required viewing for every new player before they leave Erevate.

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    I think it should be required viewing for every new player before they leave Erevate.

It should cue up from the training missions menu!

Or at the very least get stickied at the top of the PvP section.

Originally Posted by Ouberos View Post (Source)
    Or at the very least get stickied at the top of the PvP section.
    What?! That's so crazy that it almost makes sense!

Do ya... do ya think it'd be a good idea?

Originally Posted by Rinzler o7o7o7 View Post (Source)
    Please don't ruin it for me...

Love the last bit!

Sadly I suspect it will never happen, too much comedy swearing. Despite the fact that most of us are over 40 30.

Just watched it again and noticed the other windows Rinzler has open during the Coriolis build. I like subtle touches like that.

Just one Sticky with Discord links wouldn't be a bad idea. Or some tips on how to survive being Pirated. I duno, I'm sure there is some compromise that could be reached if there was the will.

One of the best vids in ED.

Unfortunately even A rated shields with 2 stock boosters will not be enough vs engineers 3.0 with the massive buffs in dps and speed. Even if you survive the 15 sec with 50% hull, most likely your cargo hutch is busted and you lost majority if not all your cargo which is probably worse than a rebuy.

Stock defences have no chance against engineered weapons.

Nice one, Rinzler!

Allow me to add one detail... a target lock breaker PA would prevent the high wake, so a good counter point is to use the map to route your jump to the other system you choose and key-bind a specific key to "jump to next system in route" from the control menu... this would speed up the process to target again the system you want to scape to.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Ouberos View Post (Source)
    Sadly I suspect it will never happen, too much comedy swearing. Despite the fact that most of us are over 40 30.
    So edit the vid & overcome the objection if it's a problem.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast