Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18212223242528 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Focused Feedback Forum Content Schedule

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    They will do when the focused forums drop. Just wait for them and see the major mechanics, the rest will be for the focus forums. It was the same for squadrons. They told us the basic mechanics, they have the focus forums to fine tune it.
    I still don't get why in this specific order. Wouldn't the other way around be a lot more logical?

The fact that they had to delay a forum post which would give us a basic idea of what they have planned isn't exactly inspiring.

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    Given just how many posts a single FF topic generates, I expect they want to space them out so that they can actually read the feedback. Squadrons got 750 posts, plus hundreds more in the non-sticky threads. Powerplay got about 1400 posts, plus non-sticky threads again.

That's a lot to read through, categorise, and check.
    I thought the same thing this morning, but if that's the case, it wouldn't hurt if it was explained. Something like "Sorry, but mining FF has to wait because we're overwhelmed by the responses from the previous FF and need to sort it through before we get the mining and exploration."

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    I thought the same thing this morning, but if that's the case, it wouldn't hurt if it was explained. Something like "Sorry, but mining FF has to wait because we're overwhelmed by the responses from the previous FF and need to sort it through before we get the mining and exploration."
    I find this post rep-worthy: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6734979

Great feedback IMHO.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't hurt? I would predict a forum response of: "Raaar! Focus on pew-pew again! SMASH puny explanation!", based on what's already been said...

And there are certainly types of delays where Frontier absolutely couldn't tell us the details - e.g. the developer who does mining has just been signed off work with a medium-term health condition. In that case there's no technical or process reason behind the delay but it would be an illegally-bad breach of confidentiality to reveal anything about the actual cause, especially on a public forum. So all they can do in that sort of case is say "delayed, more news later".

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't hurt? I would predict a forum response of: "Raaar! Focus on pew-pew again! SMASH puny explanation!", based on what's already been said...
    I think the opposite. It's worse to say, "FF for mining cancelled until further notice" without explanation than to say "It's been overwhelming with the responses we got, so we're just pushing it back a week."

Besides, 90% of the things added to Elite is pew-pew. Explorers and miners are eagerly waiting for some new tech and expanded features, and perhaps even make mining a profitable business again.

And there are certainly types of delays where Frontier absolutely couldn't tell us the details - e.g. the developer who does mining has just been signed off work with a medium-term health condition. In that case there's no technical or process reason behind the delay but it would be an illegally-bad breach of confidentiality to reveal anything about the actual cause, especially on a public forum. So all they can do in that sort of case is say "delayed, more news later".
    True.

But leaving it open, now another explanation could be "We have to hold off on mining FF because the guys who were supposed to work on it had to step in on the JW project and we don't know when they can be freed up again."

Sometimes, it could benefit to even confabulate a little like saying "we're overwhelmed with the responses" instead of "we care more about this other projects so you guys have to wait." Now, it's all up to speculation.

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    I still don't get why in this specific order. Wouldn't the other way around be a lot more logical?
    Because they can't leave it to the community to come up with the basics of the feature as we will all have different ideas. FDev have to do the basics an then leave it to us to fill in the finer details. It's the best way in my view otherwise nothing would get done as they wouldn't have a clue which idea to go with.

They have seen tons of ideas on the forums, they will pick the best and most achievable version themselves. It's the only way to do it in my view otherwise it just becomes a nightmare of forum fighting.

Because they can't leave it to the community to come up with the basics of the feature as we will all have different ideas. FDev have to do the basics an then leave it to us to fill in the finer details. It's the best way in my view otherwise nothing would get done as they wouldn't have a clue which idea to go with.

They have seen tons of ideas on the forums, they will pick the best and most achievable version themselves. It's the only way to do it in my view otherwise it just becomes a nightmare of forum fighting.
    Also, there's been open general discussions over the years that they've paid attention to and incorporated in the updates. For instance, the new inventory system and ship based bounty were things talked about at least a year ago on the forum, and that's what we got in 3.0. So, they're listening, and incorporate ideas that's been explored on the forums before the FF starts.

I'm not talking about "leaving" it to us, but just talking and explaining what they already have. All I've seen so far is nothing but a most vague sketch-pad at best, nothing I could possibly base any comments or creative ideas on.

Now that we have part-2 of the unscheduled powerplay 'flash topic' megathread up and running, is there any chance the we could have an update of the scheduled discussions?

ie a new date for the mining discussion and whether you're intending to stick to the 18th June for the exploration discussion to begin?

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #341
    Hello everyone,

We have an update regarding the Focused Feedback forum schedule. The topic on Mining will arrive approximately around the 18th of June and, as a result, we will push back the topic on Exploration to a later date (still pending at this time.)

We apologise for the delay of these topics and hope to have some more information for you soon!

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone,

We have an update regarding the Focused Feedback forum schedule. The topic on Mining will arrive approximately around the 18th of June and, as a result, we will push back the topic on Exploration to a later date (still pending at this time.)

We apologise for the delay of these topics and hope to have some more information for you soon!
    Thanks Will, so what's the deal? More feedback than anticipated? Deeper thinking provoked by feedback than anticipated? More intrusion from impending JWE launch than antipcated? Ed eaten more biscuits than anticpated? Something else?

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Thanks Will, so what's the deal? More feedback than anticipated? Deeper thinking provoked by feedback than anticipated? More intrusion from impending JWE launch than antipcated? Ed eaten more biscuits than anticpated? Something else?
    I'm sure the tin foil is being unwrapped as we speak with certain commanders. I hear it rustling already.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update Will, I'm really looking forward to both those topics.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update Will. I admit I am terribly disappointed, but it's good to get some communication on this from you, as it is super important to a lot of us.

The exploration reveal getting pushed back though, man you just literally ruined my day.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18212223242528 ... LastLast