Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 464950515253 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Focused Feedback Forum Content Schedule

Originally Posted by sensai25 View Post (Source)
    Content could await FX2018 if one is scheduled this year.

Most of the beyond content was revealed at this stage. I do not expect not a lot from Gamescom.

Moreover exploration rework for Q4 has not yet been discussed.
    I am not sure there will be an FX2018 to be honest. I know most of beyond was revealed, but not the nitty gritty. I am hoping they will show off some actual work in progress instead of concept shots of the exploration update.

I would really like to see something of the fabled premium content, but I am beginning to think it will not be shown at gamescom anymore which will lead me to think that it may be delayed.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Is he not allowed to voice an opinion? Especially a reasoned one? eg: I'm (also) more than happy to wait (until next year) for the Q4 update if it means doing it properly... *confused*
    Of course he is! It's not even about the content, it's the tone - so full of importance and bumbledom. Pretty childish, IMO of course.

I even said I basically agree with him, but then I'm also aware of quite a lot of (maybe less 'prominent') others that don't. They also have a voice.

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Of course he is! It's not even about the content, it's the tone - so full of importance and bumbledom. Pretty childish, IMO of course.
    Its important to me. What you call childish I call sincerity. I've waited four years to see exploration improved in this game, so yeah, this is a very big deal to me.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Its important to me. What you call childish I call sincerity. I've waited four years to see exploration improved in this game, so yeah, this is a very big deal to me.
    Not that your dedication could be overlooked - ever.
    You know, in most cases I actually do agree with you, especially on this one. Couldn't you just cool down a little bit, maybe 1 or 2 degrees perhaps? Thanks.

Keep in mind the devs are no amateurs and to believe that they only would listen to you if you post your statements in caps or endless repetitions *is*, sorry, childish. Honestly.

In some senses, the longer 'Q4' is delayed the better. macOS commanders can continue to enjoy the game they paid for

Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    Ed wont stop employing people until it reaches "Ed's 38"
    Ed's as young as that, wow!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Yes! We'll be bringing back the focused feedback soon! Sorry about the delay. Genuinely didn't mean to have this delay... just the nature of game development, community management and game publishing all wrapped up in a nice complicated (but ultimately wonderful!) little package.
    So, are you saying that you're "a nice complicated (but ultimately wonderful) little package"? ;-) I concur. :-)

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    In some senses, the longer 'Q4' is delayed the better. macOS commanders can continue to enjoy the game they paid for
    A friend of mine bought EDH & ran it on his 2-core AMD maxed out with 4Gb DDR2 RAM. Following one of the updates the minimum spec changed and he could no longer play on that hardware. I gave him an old motherboard & I3 3440 left over from upgrading my son's PC, got 8Gb of DDR3 from gumtree & he put it into his existing case, now he can play ED again and has a bit of an upgrade path.

He said there were a few games that had stopped working on the old spec that he could now play again.

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I hate to say this, but your constant "what about the Mac" posts over the years, even a year after the announcement of FD removing Mac support, have finally earned you a place on my ignore list .

Not that I don't sympathise, you understand, but that horse is well and truly dead.

Ed, since exploration is at the back of the bus and things are running behind schedule, please take one bit of advice from me to Sandro:

PLEASE do NOT shortchange the exploration improvements in order to stick to releasing in 2018!!!!!!

If you guys are so far behind that you find yourselves cutting exploration scope, DON'T! Just delay the Q4 update into 2019 instead. This is a pivotal update for a lot of players and it absolutely CAN NOT get the Multicrew treatment.

As much as it pains me to say we've waited four years for this, we can wait longer if we have to.
    Originally Posted by StarLightPL View Post (Source)
    QFT. +1000. Nothing to add.
    Originally Posted by CMDR Pugwash View Post (Source)
    And you have my sabre!

Definitely rather wait for a good product.
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Completely Agree. I would prefer to wait and get the full treatment.

You have my Longsword +2
    And you have my, umm, Spork!

Not that your dedication could be overlooked - ever.
    You know, in most cases I actually do agree with you, especially on this one. Couldn't you just cool down a little bit, maybe 1 or 2 degrees perhaps? Thanks.
    I thought about it. Nah, I've got a fever for 3.3 and the only cure is information.

Exploration is why I play Elite Dangerous, and exploration's stagnation is why I stopped playing it many months ago. I want a reason to play again, and Q4 will potentially give me those reasons. I want Frontier to do the best job they've ever done with this update, so Nah, I'm not too ashamed or embarrassed to profuse my emotions on this topic to them. I sincerely would love it if they took their time to get this update right and do it justice, and if that means they need to delay 3.3 then I'm on board. Do it.

Plus, I did say please when I asked.

I thought about it. Nah, I've got a fever for 3.3 and the only cure is information.

Exploration is why I play Elite Dangerous, and exploration's stagnation is why I stopped playing it many months ago. I want a reason to play again, and Q4 will potentially give me those reasons. I want Frontier to do the best job they've ever done with this update, so Nah, I'm not too ashamed or embarrassed to profuse my emotions on this topic to them. I sincerely would love it if they took their time to get this update right and do it justice, and if that means they need to delay 3.3 then I'm on board. Do it.

Plus, I did say please when I asked.
    That's all up to you of course. I just don't think that you can push development by emotions or that it helps your case at all (too much whinging tends to close ears IME). But I certainly can't stop you, even if I wanted I couldn't... In the end it's what I wish as well.

That's all up to you of course. I just don't think that you can push development by emotions or that it helps your case at all (too much whinging tends to close ears IME). But I certainly can't stop you, even if I wanted I couldn't... In the end it's what I wish as well.
    I don't think anyone is trying to push development at all. From what I can gather, they just want a bit of information, which I am sure some will come up at Gamescom and Pax.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I don't think anyone is trying to push development at all.
    I'd kind of hope the developers are trying to push themselves, to make a game they'd want to play and be proud of.

That's all up to you of course. I just don't think that you can push development by emotions or that it helps your case at all
    I have no misconceptions that I can "push" Frontier to do anything, I'm only one person. All I can do is tell them how I feel and what I'd like to see developed for Elite, and maybe hope they listen and take my propositions to heart. That's the intent of feedback after all.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 464950515253 LastLast