Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23262728293033 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Focused Feedback Forum Content Schedule

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Did you watch the video from Lavecon? FD stressed the interactions & gameplay of everything. Not sure OA caught the mood really.
    Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271209822

I'm really looking forward to both the new mining and exploration content.

They definitely suggested that the new stuff would reward skill - and that there's more exploration content than just what they've revealed so far.
    I didn't catch the live stream, no, but thank you both for the above!

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    I tell ya, it's a hard pill to swallow for sure. Exploration always feels like it's at the back of the bus with this game. I truly hope the four year wait is worth it.
    The optimistic way to look at it is that exploration is being discussed last, and therefore has the most discussion time, as they dont need to rush through it to get to the other discussions.

Of course, that's not my view. My view is we'll get two "environments" probes, and an achievement list.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone,

We have an update regarding the Focused Feedback forum schedule. The topic on Mining will arrive approximately around the 18th of June and, as a result, we will push back the topic on Exploration to a later date (still pending at this time.)

We apologise for the delay of these topics and hope to have some more information for you soon!
    back into the hedge i go then

Hi FD

Will there be any information released about the "paid content" for this year. Sneak peeks? Any information would be good :-)

I'm having a hard time believing that the mining proposal will be released any time near next Monday, considering that there are still at least two additional squadron topics to cover.

Originally Posted by Ambroza View Post (Source)
    I'm having a hard time believing that the mining proposal will be released any time near next Monday, considering that there are still at least two additional squadron topics to cover.
    What mining proposal? a discussion forum post?

Originally Posted by ilo View Post (Source)
    What mining proposal? a discussion forum post?
    Indeed.

For a better link to the Frontier Panel at Lavecon try;-

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    For a better link to the Frontier Panel at Lavecon try;-
    Thanks for posting that, watched it this morning. It's much easier to see how cool those new lighting effects are going to be than it was in the main room at Lavecon.

The more I'm listening to this video, the more I'm getting hyped for this Q4 mining / exploration / CODEX update.

I know - "Don't get your expectations too high" - but everything they announced is far better than what we (don't) have actually in-game.

I find it really great that we'll be able to finally find geological / biological /Guardian / Ruins sites on planets without taking a guess and eyeballing the whole surface for hours. On my way to Colonia I only found ONE fumerole site while eyeballing....and landed on a LOT of planets with volcanism.

Mixing mining and exploration will also be much more challenging / interesting now.

Can't wait to know more in the focused feedback forums !!!

When I was a kid, my parents teach me a lesson. If you are arriving late, don't wait till you arrive to say you are late, you know you are going to be late long before you arrive so make sure they know, as a matter of respect.

This is why I think (I hope more than think) that tomorrow we will have our Focused Feedback post created, because if they knew it is not gonna happen, they should have informed us already, as a matter of respect..

I'm just watching the video and here's just one question: What does adaptive lighting bring to the game that we can't already get by sweetfx or other external graphic enhancer? So much I dislike 3rd person tools in a game and that's certainly a strong point in favor for it - but is it optional? I hope so cause I really don't like color grade for instance as it brightens the background darkness which IMO looks just artificial and implausible. Not sure why everyone's jumping on this hype waggon...

P.S. I've tried some of the graphic enhancers in the past but never liked them, even though they can be very good fine tuned to your liking (something I doubt the new lighting system will offer). I always ended up with a setting that came very close to the original. So really not my cup of tea I guess.

I think adaptive lighting is situational, and that it changes depending on where you are. But then thats a guess.

Well, here we are at the 17th June. Big super post from Frontier tomorrow. \o/
    It’s gonna be great.....

Flimley

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23262728293033 ... LastLast