Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Why did you pick your user name?

Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    No worries mate ( <-- That is as close to "Aussie" as I get )

Was fun explaining it to the wife though, we've both learnt something new today - even though it was at your expense

Also shows, that no matter how hard we try with out names - it's not always going to translate around the world how we think it will.
    Laugh all you want, I did the same when I learned what it meant

And yes, there is always a language that your name will be an swearword. My RL surname is a swearword in Greek

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    My RL surname is a swearword in Greek
    Oh really?

Does the ban on swearing only apply to English?

Because I could Google Greek swear words and play guess your surname

Oh really?

I guess I can try and test with spanish swear words

Yep, it is definetly english only.

Oh really?

I believe it applies to any language (but we don't have any Greek moderators I think )

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    I believe it applies to any language (but we don't have any Greek moderators I think )
    Isn't Greek mandatory when you are becoming a demigod?

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Isn't Greek mandatory when you are becoming a demigod?
    Shhhh or they'll fire me!

For myself in the mid 90s I used "Bigfoot" in some online games, but I increasingly found the name was taken on message boards. Eventually I decided to pick a new username and I was - at the time - playing quite a bit of Final Fantasy 8 where the main character uses a weapon called a "Gunblade". At the time I was a young-ish Scottish guy in his 20s, so I simply put "lad" at the end - and the name's stuck ever since as it's never taken. To date, I believe I am the only person online with this username.

Because it's my real made up name

I like dicing things up in space with sharp swords. Actually, I like dicing things up here on Earth with my katanas too.

Originally Posted by Oss133 View Post (Source)
    Loved those books!
    They are a great series of books, a shame they have now ended but at least we got to learn what it was all about. I've always enjoyed 'First Contact' stories and I consider ADF to be the master of such.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    I'm disappointed. I thought it was your real name.
    So was I...

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)
    It would explain why the hitman I ordered couldn't fulfil the contract.
    Typical...

See folks, this is what happens when you allow Squirrel lovers to moderate forums.

My name came from a play on Necronaut and Necr0. In my head made me a better player in Quake 3. Necronaught means to me zero deaths.

Originally Posted by Bran Tse Mallory View Post (Source)
    See folks, this is what happens when you allow Squirrel lovers to moderate forums.

Some people accused me of being in the one percent elite of the world but in reality my name was originally "Khan Noonian Singh." One Day an anon sent me a text message in game "Change your name." Perplexed that I wasn't able to relive the glorious person of KHAAAAN in game I decided anon was right. No one can live up to Khan.

My opportunity arrived for a new name I found fitting; In a high intensity zone I got my hull down to 1% value, still managing to limp back to base with only 20 seconds of oxygen remaining - it was a fond memory when I first played Elite: Dangerous.

I panicked when it prompted me and just entered the first thing that came to mind

This guy was my Flight Mentor

I promised I would keep watch for the return of the Kodan Armada.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast