Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Down with summer.

Between the jellyfish, sharks, sea snakes, spinefish at sea, and the unlimited number of hazards on land, my enthusiasm for the twenty hour flight to Australia had dropped off the lottery plan.

Had a buddy from Boeing got to Hobbiton. Now, I don't need to go to NZ, either. Scary short-field bush flying. Got my coins and notes.

Originally Posted by Ralph Vargr View Post (Source)
    Between the jellyfish, sharks, sea snakes, spinefish at sea, and the unlimited number of hazards on land, my enthusiasm for the twenty hour flight to Australia had dropped off the lottery plan.

Had a buddy from Boeing got to Hobbiton. Now, I don't need to go to NZ, either. Scary short-field bush flying. Got my coins and notes.
    If it makes you happy, the statistics show that the deadliest animal in Australia is a horse. More people die in horse-related accidents than are killed by any one of the numerous poisonous, venomous and toothy things that live there.

So just keep away from horses and you'll be fine. If you see one following you, call the police.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    If it makes you happy, the statistics show that the deadliest animal in Australia is a horse. More people die in horse-related accidents than are killed by any one of the numerous poisonous, venomous and toothy things that live there.

So just keep away from horses and you'll be fine. If you see one following you, call the police.
    If I recall we are the deadliest animal species on Earth followed by the mosquito.

Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    If I recall we are the deadliest animal species on Earth followed by the mosquito.
    Now, with the Tiger mosquito which proliferates, our supremacy is in danger

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Now, with the Tiger mosquito which proliferates, our supremacy is in danger

well, sometime we just need to close our eyes.... -_-

.......sharks..........
    The danger caused by sharks is over-exaggerated.

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    The danger caused by sharks is over-exaggerated.
    again it depends....

warning graphical!

I know a couple people who have been bitten.
    An image search for "Lanikai shark attack" will show a recent, very traumatic injury from where I swim all the time.

my house is literally in the same set of hills as Hobbiton........9 or 10 KM as a wraith flys......scariest thing here is my wife

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    well, sometime we just need to close our eyes.... -_-
    The mothership here

Yep, Winter is great, bring on the snow, better than nettles and brambles.

Out every day in the Beast from the East

Originally Posted by mojonaut View Post (Source)
    Yep, Winter is great, bring on the snow, better than nettles and brambles.

Out every day in the Beast from the East
    We've had an enormous amount of snow here in Sweden (up to 1.5 meters in mid Sweden). And down in the south where I live we've had around half a meter or so. It gets extremely impractical with lots of snow. But it does get brighter. That's a big plus.

I like the landscapes with snow, a deep blue sky and a bright sun

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    I like the landscapes with snow, a deep blue sky and a bright sun
    yeah it's wonderful....... -_-

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post (Source)
    We've had an enormous amount of snow here in Sweden (up to 1.5 meters in mid Sweden). And down in the south where I live we've had around half a meter or so. It gets extremely impractical with lots of snow. But it does get brighter. That's a big plus.
    If there were 1.5 meters of snowfall in the central US, when it melted, the major rivers would be running from bluff to bluff, just like the end of the glacial periods...

And, I would need a Subnautica scooter to get around.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast