Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Expedition] The Outer Rim Station Tour

[Expedition] The Outer Rim Station Tour

July 1st - July 29th 3304
    Meetups at 23:00 Galmap time for western hemisphere, 17:00 for eastern hemisphere

Welcome to the first exploration expedition focused on the far-flung inhabited stations, the Outer Rim Station tour!

This expedition is planned as a station and nebula tour, intended to introduce and make better known some of the furthest outposts of humanity. Commanders are invited to fly their smaller explorer ships (The stations could get their large pads clogged up, if everyone is in a conda) and to master their camera controls, since thanks to the nebulae there will be many photo opportunities!

The organizer Lance 'Spacecat' D. (Who will be hosting an expedition for his very first time, bear with him) will be flying his Type-6e to set the tone, and has prepared a tour document which you are invited to read here: https://tinyurl.com/y9kcmb5k

-The pace of the expedition will be moderately quick with 2-3 waypoints per week. But the distances are relatively short.
    -For the social aspect, I invite folks to join the Fleetcomm private group and discord server. (We'll strive to meet around 23:00 GMT at each waypoint)
    -Take the time to read the tour document, the waypoints through Barnard's loop are difficult due to permit-locked sectors.
    -During the expedition, let's put our best pictures on the forums, the finest ones I will add to the tour document.

Tour document: https://tinyurl.com/y9kcmb5k
    EDSM link: https://www.edsm.net/en_GB/expeditio...m+Station+Tour
    Fleetcomm: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...tion-FleetComm

Waypoint list:
    Start: 98 K tauri - Sunday July 1st 3304
    Waypoint 1: HIP 23759 in Witch Head nebula - Monday July 2nd 3304
    Waypoint 2: PMD2009 48 in Orion Nebula - Wednesday July 4th 3304
    Waypoint 3: Thor's Helmet Sector FB-X C1-5 - Saturday July 7th 3304
    Waypoint 4: Seagull Sector DL-Y D3 - Monday July 9th 3304
    Waypoint 5: Rosette Sector CQ-Y D59 - Wednesday July 11th 3304
    Waypoint 6: Crab Sector DL-Y D9 - Sunday July 15 3304
    Waypoint 7: Jellyfish Sector Fb-X C1-5 - Wednesday July 18 3304
    Waypoint 8: Flaming Star Sector LX-T B3-0 - Sunday July 22 3304
    Waypoint 9: 2MASS J03291977+3124572 near NGC 1333 - Wednesday July 25 3304
    Waypoint 10: California Sector BA-A E6 - Friday July 27 3304
    Final waypoint: T Tauri in Hind Nebula - Sunday July 29 3304

I fancy this.

Flying happy
    Jon
    Lakon Type-6E

Neat, I might consider this one. I was thinking about revisiting many of these locations at some point anyway.

Question for you guys: I'm thinking of making photography challenges a part of this expedition.

For instance, for the Witch head I'd challenge folks (in the tour document) to 'Show us a picture with barnacles'. For the Orion nebula, I'm thinking a photocontest with the theme of 'Fire in the sky' (lots of red nebulae around here, and orion is beautiful).

Do you guys think that's a good idea? Aye or nay?
    And wasn't there a really good post somewhere how to improve screenshots/photos? Stuff like following the rule of three, I need to find that post again...

Screenshot contest as always very popular.

The thread you're looking for is in my signature

Looks interesting, sadly I won't have the time to participate tho.

Massive thanks to Anthor for all the EDSM goodness in the universe.

And Qohen Leth? You do the awesome badges AND did the best guide on taking better screenshots? You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, a triple elite of real life.

Everyone else, I highly recommend a read of Qohen's https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...creenshots-101, aaaaand the EDSM expedition page is ready for sign-ins.

nice, count me in

Looks like this is starting shortly after Small Worlds 3 finishes. I might just take off on this trip then right after that one.
    As long as the Intrepid works out for me as a short range explorer.

Is there a map yet showing the route? Besides this one?

Update: Ooops. The next collision at Sword of Damocles is scheduled for July 11th, so I might be out in the Colonia area then.
    But I'm not sure if I'll be there on my Alt or my Main. Either way, one of us may still be able to participate.

By the way, the Q2 update (Beyond Chapter 2) launches on the same day as the expedition.

At a minimum I'll probably want to fit the FSD Booster before going anywhere. The good news is that since the expedition circles around the bubble pretty closely, it shouldn't be too hard to detour back when needed. I also need to decide on which ship before then. Probably the T6 or the AspX.

Sorry for the lack of updates, and the lack of map. I'm in Small Worlds 3 myself (and trying to not steal their thunder on the forums) plus some stuff RL. So was planning to rework the document and maybe do a map this weekend or the next.

And -groan-, the Q2 update launches at the same time, just my luck...
    Hrrrm, do you guys think I should delay the expedition a day or three?

But General Grievace is beyond the Outer Rim....

Originally Posted by Lance 'Spacecat' D. View Post (Source)
    Sorry for the lack of updates, and the lack of map. I'm in Small Worlds 3 myself (and trying to not steal their thunder on the forums) plus some stuff RL. So was planning to rework the document and maybe do a map this weekend or the next.

And -groan-, the Q2 update launches at the same time, just my luck...
    Hrrrm, do you guys think I should delay the expedition a day or three?
    Why? There will be nothing for explorers as usual. Maybe 2 days so everyone can equip a FSD Booster?

Btw, I'm in. Likely in my type 6

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast