Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 222

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: SQUAD GOALS: DETAIL REQUESTS

  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

    SQUAD GOALS: DETAIL REQUESTS

    Hello Commanders!

    Please Remember: This thread is for feedback directed at developers, not other posters. Please post requests for additional details here if you think we have missed pertinent information that could help you give better feedback.

    Try to be as specific as you can with detail requests. If possible, try to explain what particular thing the details would help with.

    We canít promise to have the time to respond. Sometimes we may not have even nailed down the details. Importantly for us though, such requests can be useful in forcing us to consider all the angles!

    Where we can, we will answer in this first post, and update the main post where possible.

  2. #2
    So what are the advantages (if any) of being in a Squadron, besides the social aspects? Does the Leader get more benefits than Officers/Pilots, and do Officers get more than Pilots?

  3. #3
    Hi Adam,

    Is there a particular reason why you are not opting to have squadrons connected to a player minor faction? If they are associated with a PMF, would there be any connection between the carrier and the BGS?

  4. #4
    In the squadron detail, i don't see an option to link the squadron to a Minor Faction ....
    That would be nice, even if that can only be asked by the person who requested the minor faction.

    That will be possible ?

  5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Spartan Jack 17 View Post (Source)
    So what are the advantages (if any) of being in a Squadron, besides the social aspects? Does the Leader get more benefits than Officers/Pilots, and do Officers get more than Pilots?
    Hi Spartan Jack 17, this focused feedback session is focusing on those social aspects. Later focused feedback sessions will discuss other benefits such as the fleet carrier.

    Thanks,
    Adam

  6. #6
    Will Fleet carrier activities directly affect the BGS, as opposed to individual activities? I guess a lot of this will swing on if and how minor factions are linked to Squadrons

  7. #7
    Re: paying for the squadron, maybe getting earnings from the squadron, etc (and I dare say, paying for the fleet carrier, and by the sounds of it, paying for upgrades to the fleet carrier), will there be a Squadron bank into which squadron members can contribute and, if appropriate privileges have been granted, withdraw funds?

  8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #8
    Originally Posted by jurema543 View Post (Source)
    In the squadron detail, i don't see an option to link the squadron to a Minor Faction ....
    That would be nice, even if that can only be asked by the person who requested the minor faction.

    That will be possible ?
    Originally Posted by Atrus5060 View Post (Source)
    Hi Adam,

    Is there a particular reason why you are not opting to have squadrons connected to a player minor faction? If they are associated with a PMF, would there be any connection between the carrier and the BGS?
    Hello,

    As mentioned at the bottom of the original post we aren't discussing factions as part of this focused feedback, we are hoping to discuss this at a later date.

    Thanks,
    Adam

  9. #9
    Originally posted by the leader of PA, I too am worried for this: "Also, established groups should get first dibs on names and short names. It's too easy for a troll to snipe names of pre-existing wings."

    If there is not an approach for existing player groups to organise their in game squadron before it goes live, I can see a lot of pain being involved when trying to create it.

    I would reccomened having some more consideration for this aspect at least, otherwise squadrons looks like a step in the right direction.

  10. #10
    A way for Colonia squads to signify they operate out of Colonia needs to be added.

  11. #11
    Joint activities.

    While giving players the tools to run their own event is also essential, players should have a wide and varied range of activities they can do as a guild and for a guild of any size, with equal per person rewards helping balance things out. These should include the whole range of activities in the game and not just be combat or Fed-Ex dependant.

    While it's nice to see dedicated chat channels, I would want them to be persistent. Otherwise why would players use them and not discord?

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Adam Waite View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

    Please Remember: This thread is for feedback directed at developers, not other posters. Please post requests for additional details here if you think we have missed pertinent information that could help you give better feedback.

    Try to be as specific as you can with detail requests. If possible, try to explain what particular thing the details would help with.

    We canít promise to have the time to respond. Sometimes we may not have even nailed down the details. Importantly for us though, such requests can be useful in forcing us to consider all the angles!

    Where we can, we will answer in this first post, and update the main post where possible.
    Will this replace or enhance wings? can we have more than 3 people in a wing?

  13. #13
    As far as tags go I would like to see tags for every current political affiliation in the game. It would be nice to have tags for minor factions too.

  14. #14
    Surely to be able to work out any issues/details with this proposal we need to know what actual new gameplay is being offered in tandem with this? ie: So 50 people in a Squadron can be organised to go and do...? Achieve...? Participate in...? And what will be more fun, deeper, challenging and/or more interesting to do in a Squadron?

    If there's no new gameplay, then doesn't this risk almost being Multicrew all over again by offering very limited niche usefulness, due to little/no more depth/fun? ie: How interesting will it be organising for 20 squad members being told to go and do the same Bounty Hunting gameplay as they've already been doing for four years?

    eg: Does Squadron connect into the new improved mining mechanics, along with Fleet carriers playing a part? How can we comment on this if we don't know about it?

  15. #15
    We do not need another grind fest in the game for a ship... I can just imagine it now! And you have to think about groups like Mobius or The Elite Dangerous Club, that has thousands of members! Only 250 allowed to join???

    Negatives aside, could this be a great place to have some kind of story mission within the game, I would think it would fit in very well.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast